Sign in to follow this  
Skystorm87

WIP: Layout "Legoland"

Hello! I think I am now at a stage where my town layout (still WIP) can be presented. From the pictures you will notice that lot is dedicated to the train station and track layout. Nonetheless I have quite a few custom buildings around which I'd like to share with you :classic: . Comments on how to improve the look of my town willl be appreciated :thumbup:

Let's start with a few panoramic pictures:

20140810_173032.jpg

This is the central area with the ruins of an abbey, a square with a market (adapted from the winter village market), a fountain and some benches. A restaurant. The town hall is the yellow building near the church.

20140810_173121.jpg

In the previous picture you can see a more residential area. There are some houses adapted from basics 90s sets as well as a Paradisa restaurant I bought few months ago. From here you can also see the beach area.

20140810_173128.jpg

This picute is a zoom on the harboour area, still unfinished. You can also see my bridge and tunnel.

20140810_173046.jpg

This area is the commercial area of Legoland, there is another train station, two skyscrapers and a sort of Arc de Triomphe (yes, I live in Paris :laugh: ). It is also close to the airport (next picture):

20140421_203946.jpg

You can also see some MOCs more in detail. The abbey:

2013-08-17%2B16.04.15.jpg

with the ticket office and some tourists queeing for the visit. The post office:

20140810_173114.jpg

Soon I will post a video as well. The carrousel is motorized and spins together with the train. :sweet:

That's full cute! So many fun accents to your little town. :D

I love your sign for the postal office. It kind of annoys me that Lego stickers are always in english, hahaha.

I like the mix of new and old sets, although it gives me more of a classic town vibe even though there are lots of modern sets too. :classic:

I like the "retro" vibe of this layout. A lot of us work way too hard to take away the essence of Lego in our builds while you have done a great job at capturing that feel.

Nice Job!

Thanks for the comments! In fact I am impressed by the work you do guys and I am not able to do very detailed MOCs (yet :wink: ). Nonetheless, I enjoy the classical layout I was stearing at when I was a child. Here it is a video of the layout perhaps showing better the setting: