Sign in to follow this  
ummester

TERMINATOR .HK CHASE - LDD MOC

14648308319_2b797a2e45_o.jpg

Hi all - I designed this set idea in LDD. The full flickr album is here:

https://www.flickr.c...57646375803421/

Anyways, I don't know if anyone has ran into this before on LEGO IDEAS, so I thought I'd ask. The project got rejected saying that the brand was not appropriate and needs to be re-submitted. I only thought the brand was appropriate because there are already 2 Terminator ideas posted on LEGO IDEAS.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/24420

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61760

So, I removed the branding and submitted a project called AHK Chase, with no reference to the Terminator brand. Now it contains content or themes not appropriate, which it didn't before? It is also still listed as awaiting re-submission, rather than not approved.

Has anyone experienced anything similar before? How do you contact the ideas moderation to find out exactly what the issue is and why other Terminator projects are active but this one can't be?

MODS - if this should be posted in Embassy and not here, it's fine to move it. I wasn't sure where to post, as it's a bit of a Sci Fi MOC and a bit of an IDEAS question.

Edited by ummester

I would imagine it is down to the truck looking like modern warfare.

The difference between allowed violence and not allowed violence seems to be a very fine line, and only lego knows where it is.

That could be it - perhaps I should re-submit with only the blue truck and find out? I have noticed that the only military style planes up on ideas are in bright colours, where as spaceships/mechs etc can be very earthy in colour scheme - very fine line indeed.

I picked the tan colours for the look of rust and dust, like the vehicle in the film - they aren't currently available but the blue truck colours are.

I don't think it's the color scheme- I think it may have to do with the framing of your scene in that the terminators are clearly shooting at the minifigs and they're obviously shooting back. That, coupled with the vehicle very much looking like "modern warfare" with the minifigs in jeopardy probably pushes it past that fine line. The other Terminator submissions don't have that direct conflict present: the HK tank is just the robot by itself, and the UCS Terminator has a gun but, again, it's not shooting at anyone and the weapon could easily be an "optional" accessory that would be removed.

Just my thoughts on it, but from other threads I've read and official comments made, I'm betting it's something along those lines.

Cheers, LEGO Train 12 Volts

deraven, good points. I was only considering designing a set that captured the essence of that scene from the film - in which the AHKs chase people in cars and the people in cars shoot back :D I didn't stop to think that the scene itself may be questionable - I just thought if it is a brand that is up on Ideas, then everything about the brand must be ok.

I just designed the AHK originally - as that was a LEGO design request I had from someone.

Perhaps the best way to present is 2 sets - 1 with the AHK and the T800 and the other with Net-Comm soldiers in the resistance vehicle (probably coloured blue and not dark tan).

It's pretty cool but I'd imagine it should have a more Post-Apocalyptic look considering how the future looked like from one of the Terminator movies, all run down and almost like Resident Evil: Extinction without infected but terminators.

I did consider making the car look 'beat up' Behmoth - with some carefully positioned cheese slopes and colour variations but I didn't want the piece count to get out of hand.

I think it may be best to make a display stand for the AHK, include the T800 on the stand and present it as a display piece with playable features.

The car might have to fall by the wayside - I don't mind the car but I can always make one if I want and, thinking about it, killer robots trying to vaporize guerrilla soldiers isn't really child's play :D And, the first film, that I got the scene from, was adult rated.

The car might have to fall by the wayside - I don't mind the car but I can always make one if I want and, thinking about it, killer robots trying to vaporize guerrilla soldiers isn't really child's play :D And, the first film, that I got the scene from, was adult rated.

I agree that the car shouldn't be damaged(it draws too much attention away from the rest of the set), but let's not forget the target audience. I seriously doubt that the majority of Exo-Suits were being sold to children.

It's true Lind - but it's also still TLGs brand and I respect that - they get to to call the shots on what is in and what is out.

The full idea would make a nice AFOL & Terminator collector set, I think - though it may be better marketted and sold through one of those companies that produces custom AFOL minis and/or weapons. A company like that would probably have no issue chroming up the T800 and AHK parts, which would make them look really sweet for the build.