Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

What parts were used in this?

I found this awesome picture of a Brotherhood of Steel Outcast from Fallout 3 in minifig form. I can't tell what pieces were originally used other than a Star Wars helmet. This is heavily modified so any help is appreciated.

11726097804_2f919c2407.jpg

This has inspired me to make a minifig just like this but I'm not sure what parts were used.

Torso, Legs, The leg print is modified.

Sweet, thanks lego!

Now I just need to know what was used for the helmet, chest piece, and tubing, and the rebreather part below the visor where the mouth would be...

Sweet, thanks lego!

Now I just need to know what was used for the helmet, chest piece, and tubing, and the rebreather part below the visor where the mouth would be...

There is some heavily modified stuff there.

The Helmet is a Stormtrooper Helmet that has seen quite a bit of putty and sanding work to remove the brow ridge and attach the rebreather.

The rebreather itself looks like just some plastic scrap, apparently cut off of a larger piece. with the hoses from a Scuba tank. (Actually looking at it, the rebreather looks like the cut off top of the scuba tank)

The chest looks like one of these http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=47577 cut down, with shoulder extensions added. (Possibly halves 1x1 cones?)

The gun started out as either a revolver or a cut down musket. Maybe a LR revolver? It has a bunch of greebly scrap glued on including among other things a hammer, a Star Wars clone rangefinder

The tubing looks like http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=30091 with maybe a modified hair piece stuck on the front.

Okay, thanks! :classic:

There is some heavily modified stuff there.

The Helmet is a Stormtrooper Helmet that has seen quite a bit of putty and sanding work to remove the brow ridge and attach the rebreather.

The rebreather itself looks like just some plastic scrap, apparently cut off of a larger piece. with the hoses from a Scuba tank. (Actually looking at it, the rebreather looks like the cut off top of the scuba tank)

The chest looks like one of these http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=47577 cut down, with shoulder extensions added. (Possibly halves 1x1 cones?)

The gun started out as either a revolver or a cut down musket. Maybe a LR revolver? It has a bunch of greebly scrap glued on including among other things a hammer, a Star Wars clone rangefinder

Okay, and I'm guessing the helmet is from the classic sets with Clone Troopers (the ones where the black head is under the helmet)?

I know what's used for the gun but thanks anyways. It's mostly modified BrickArms stuff (like the PPSH for the body).

As for actually customizing, what do you recommend for dyeing the parts? What would you also recommend using to add the coloring? And what is good to use to actually modify the parts without damaging them too much? I asked in the Customization Workshop section and got no response.