CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I see where you are going. A physical one would be nice. Didn't those get handed out at theatres?

Yeah they did. It'd be nice to put an AoU one next to the other.

yes i can quite see it,

Yes, and is it blue and white, like the original set? It looks grey to me, and I'm not sure I like Lego interpreting it in their own colours, though it won't be the first time they'd be doing it.

Alright. The Quinjet looks pretty accurate except being the rear, where the guys sit in the Lego model, is sloped up and not squared off.

Yes, and is it blue and white, like the original set? It looks grey to me, and I'm not sure I like Lego interpreting it in their own colours, though it won't be the first time they'd be doing it.

Yeah it is white and Dark blue, you can kinda see it

It has been so long D: But yay, can finally respond again :3

First off, got all the sets now other than the Helicarrier, so i'm very pleased about that.

Alright guys now that all the sets are out and most of us have had a chance to buy and build the sets, what would you have changed about the sets and minifigures?

War Machine - Black and Silver (Like this) would have included him instead of Iron Man in the Quinjet City Chase. Though i suppose we may get him in Civil War sets

Baron Von Strucker - Looking more like the version at the end of Captain America; The Winter Soldier

Another Ultron variant - Feel we should have had a variant with a moulded head in order to more accurately represent the drones head piece

Bruce Banner - Should have been included instead of Thor in the Attack On Avengers Tower, making both Thor and Hawkeye exclusive to the Hydra Chase set which would have helped sales

Dr. Cho - Should have been included as the driver of the Cho truck in the Quinjet City Chase, would have been a good way to give the set a driver

Would have also liked MCU Falcon, though apparently he is getting a redesign for Civil War so might see him in those sets. Klaw i hope we will get in Black Panther Lego sets.

has anyone performed any mods on hulkbuster to try and scale him down?

That was the last AoU set i needed and it arrived today, so not had time to yet. I'd suggest using mixel joint pieces for anyone thinking of shrinking him down.

Quick question, who here thinks that they have the largest ultron sentry drone army? I just recently bought one, and if like to see what a lot of them look together, so as to decide whether or not to buy some more, so if you have quite a lot would you please take a picture of all of them?

Currently have 12 Ultron drones, getting another 32 sometime this week so that brings my total soon up to 44. Will post pics when the other 32 arrive :)

So, my advice would be: get them all! ;)

Totally would if i'd had the cash to spare to get the first Quinjet :P Nice seeing a designer here :)

Any chance of a UCS Quinjet/Milano soon perhaps? :P

Which one is the best?

I'd personally say that the Milano is the best set for exclusive figures (Drax, Ronan, Gamora, Star Lord variant clothing) and while it was very 'swooshable' i feel like the new Quinjet is the best set in terms of the vehicle despite it being slightly thinner

I ended up getting the Milano last year and the 2015 Quinjet a couple of days or so ago, ended up combining the two recently to form the ultimate Quinjet (Now with a better cockpit and a slightly larger hangar and bike area) while retaining the bike function for the moment. I feel that a vehicle with a certain amount of figures should be able to fit all those figures in the vehicle and while the 2015 Quinjet accomplished this to an extent (one in cockpit, one in bike area, one sitting in back) i still feel we do need a UCS Quinjet at some stage.

Edited by Scarilian

Do you guys think that i should get the new quinjet now or wait for a sale on it? Thanks.

I'd say now. It's a nice model and the figs are all really good. I don't think I would have the patience to wait so long to get my hands on Vision and Ultimate Ultron.

Do you guys think that i should get the new quinjet now or wait for a sale on it? Thanks.

It's worth the $80 USD but if you can get it for $60-$70 Jump On it.

I ended up getting the Milano last year and the 2015 Quinjet a couple of days or so ago, ended up combining the two recently to form the ultimate Quinjet (Now with a better cockpit and a slightly larger hangar and bike area) while retaining the bike function for the moment. I feel that a vehicle with a certain amount of figures should be able to fit all those figures in the vehicle and while the 2015 Quinjet accomplished this to an extent (one in cockpit, one in bike area, one sitting in back) i still feel we do need a UCS Quinjet at some stage.

Pics?

At NYTF, the antman set had preliminary heads. Ezra's head for antman, gandalfs head for hank pym, and a basic stormtrooper head for yellowjacket. Many thought those would be the final faces for them, but i looked at the box art again and can confirm that yellowjacket and hank pym will have new face prints. As for antman, i can't tell what face he will have.

Eh, decided to post the current Ultron army (with Ultimate Ultron)

Image; http://i.imgur.com/UjuIyxX.jpg

Pics?

Quinjet Revamp 3.0

Basically 1.0 was the original, version 2.0 was adding some small tiles to the roof to smooth it out, version 3.0 was adding another layer of bricks so that the hangar could fit a figure and re-doing the cockpit so now Black Widow has a seat and console. In addition i altered the 'hangar door' mechanism so that you can open both compartments on the top without accidentally triggering it.

Image gallery; http://imgur.com/a/oCrfr

If you want to get it now you honestly should, If you can get it in a sale thats great. If your hesitant then i'd wait a while until your sure though.

Eh, decided to post the current Ultron army (with Ultimate Ultron)

Image; http://i.imgur.com/UjuIyxX.jpg

Quinjet Revamp 3.0

Basically 1.0 was the original, version 2.0 was adding some small tiles to the roof to smooth it out, version 3.0 was adding another layer of bricks so that the hangar could fit a figure and re-doing the cockpit so now Black Widow has a seat and console. In addition i altered the 'hangar door' mechanism so that you can open both compartments on the top without accidentally triggering it.

Image gallery; http://imgur.com/a/oCrfr

If you want to get it now you honestly should, If you can get it in a sale thats great. If your hesitant then i'd wait a while until your sure though.

Nice to see someone else modified the Quinjet's engines like I did.

Nice to see someone else modified the Quinjet's engines like I did.

Yeah, i think it helps, made the top smooth also. Thinking of possibly making them swivel somehow, though not sure how yet :p

Guys, is Winter Soldier a timed exclusive, or is he a bonus for UK Members whenever they order the Helicarrier? Thanks in advance for your help. :classic:

Guys, is Winter Soldier a timed exclusive, or is he a bonus for UK Members whenever they order the Helicarrier? Thanks in advance for your help. :classic:

We dont have clarification yet as to whether the UK will get the Winter Soldier figure eventually released without having to get the Helicarrier. I've read some reports on varying sites that it was only to be with pre-ordering the Helicarrier, however the Helicarrier has been released now and you can still get the Winter Soldier so not sure how much longer that offer will be available either (Though i'd guess it'll only be for this month or while allocated supplies last)

I've called multiple times enquiring and generally got the same answer, that they doubt it'll be released otherwise but they have no solid evidence as to whether it will. They know it'll be available with purchases in June in the US, but they didnt know the details on that either, so the US may end up having the same Helicarrier situation. Sorry i cant be of more help, though i think the best bet to get just the Winter Soldier figure would be getting it off eBay or Bricklink in June if the US ends up getting the figure without having to get the Helicarrier.

Edited by Scarilian

We dont have clarification yet as to whether the UK will get the Winter Soldier figure eventually released without having to get the Helicarrier. I've read some reports on varying sites that it was only to be with pre-ordering the Helicarrier, however the Helicarrier has been released now and you can still get the Winter Soldier so not sure how much longer that offer will be available either (Though i'd guess it'll only be for this month or while allocated supplies last)

I've called multiple times enquiring and generally got the same answer, that they doubt it'll be released otherwise but they have no solid evidence as to whether it will. They know it'll be available with purchases in June in the US, but they didnt know the details on that either, so the US may end up having the same Helicarrier situation. Sorry i cant be of more help, though i think the best bet to get just the Winter Soldier figure would be getting it off eBay or Bricklink in June if the US ends up getting the figure without having to get the Helicarrier.

Thanks Scarilian - don't apologize man, you've offered me as much help as you can and I appreciate that! :classic: It's my Sixteenth in May so my Parents may be buying me the Helicarrier as a treat then - I just wasn't sure if I'd still get TWS with the Helicarrier if ordering in May! :sceptic:

Friends, I picked up the xmen vs. sentinel set for cheap and started the first bag. Surprisingly, the sentinel is a good build and looks great. I'll be building the jet tomorrow. I think it might also surprise me, but what do you all think?

Can anyone post images of Ultimate Ultron using the Ultron's head from Hulkbuster set?

Got the Quinjet today, I love it but something seemed off about Ultron so I swapped his head piece:

16776780895_159e9cc26b.jpg

Friends, I picked up the xmen vs. sentinel set for cheap and started the first bag. Surprisingly, the sentinel is a good build and looks great. I'll be building the jet tomorrow. I think it might also surprise me, but what do you all think?

I think that you may have a different sentinal to me...