CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Is it possible we will see the Sinister Six?

I think eventually we'll get them, but not in a set all together. That just doesn't seem likely to me. So far we have classic Doc Oc and hopefully classic Sandman. We have Electro too, but it's the ultimate so I imagine a lot of us would like his comic costume eventually. Now just Mysterio, Kraven, and Vulture!

First off, for the few of you who were confused...

We are getting movie Antman set(s). That was never the question, only if we'd get any Antman at all.

Now that that's said... Sandman and Rhino are perfectly good villains. Both are among Spidey's classic rogues. So, sorry not sorry, but they should make an awesome set. On the other hand, odds aren't great for us getting anything other than a vehicle. Maybe it could at least be an armored truck or something, rather than another made up vehicle for Spidey. Or a construction vehicle? I'd love a backhoe with a front scoop and/or a dump truck, to go along with sandman XD

That makes a difference. Much more likely to get classic Rhino in a set with Sandman and maybe Gobby. If that's the case then we could just be looking at one set for Spidey that wave again. And it would make more sense to include White Tiger. (Although, if I'm honest, I could go for a $10-20 set with her and Kraven and a Spidey variant.)

You think we'll get Iron Spider and the Spidey variant in the same set? Maybe if that variant is Miles.

Now that that's said... Sandman and Rhino are perfectly good villains. Both are among Spidey's classic rogues. So, sorry not sorry, but they should make an awesome set.

I agree, I'd like them even though there are other spidey villains I want first, like Mysterio and Carnage.

I don't know if we will, but we definitely could. if Peter's in the Iron Spider suit, then like you said we could get Miles (which I'm all for). Or there is the possibility that we could get that other kid in the Iron Spider suit. Then again, Parker doesn't wear any other suits in USM... So Idk.

I think we are likely to see three Ant-Man sets and three USM sets similar to the last two years.

My hopes for the spidey sets are that Sandman is his classic green striped shirt version, and that Rhino if brick built is a bit more of a classic look than the ASM2 mech. i also hope that we do indeed get Gwen and Goblin in a set together with the clock tower, and also Miles Morales spiderman in one of the sets.

Based on previous years I think its a pretty safe bet that we can assume that there will be an 'Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket Final/Ultimate Battle/Duel/Showdown' set for between $13-20, and then a $20-30 scene set and a $40-60 flagship set. Heres hoping we get Michael Douglas, micro-size Ant-Man and Wasp in minifig form!

Also I am super stoked for the Winter Soldier polybag, but the fact he's an individual release pretty much confirms that he will be absent from the Helicarrier making it the Avengers Assemble version as opposed to the Winter Soldier version as some had speculated. Personally I never imagined it would be the Cap version, but Im glad that old Bucky has not been forgotten.

$350 for the helicarrier seems like a reasonable price for the size, but I still hold out some hope that there will be some minifigs and play features included, even if its just the command centre. A Fury minifig is all but guaranteed, but any others (Hill, Coulson, Plain clothes avengers etc) would be a bonus for me. I do hope that if Coulson is in it that they also include the Destroyer cannon he shoots Loki with.

I really hope the sandman set has a giant brick built sandman. It would be great if we got the mine from shattered dimensions, they could even throw in the drill car.

I don't know if we will, but we definitely could. if Peter's in the Iron Spider suit, then like you said we could get Miles (which I'm all for). Or there is the possibility that we could get that other kid in the Iron Spider suit. Then again, Parker doesn't wear any other suits in USM... So Idk.

Amadeus Cho in Web warriors. Good possibliity.

I really hope the sandman set has a giant brick built sandman. It would be great if we got the mine from shattered dimensions, they could even throw in the drill car.

Just saw the news... YES YES YES!!!

Well guys I don't know if you remember but the Green Goblin was originally reported to be brick built too!

Personally would prefer normal sized figures of the Sinister Six... maybe Big Fig's at max... the Brick-built is just too out-of-scale. Not to mention the brick-built is also a very hefty price.

Edited by Scarilian

I think I must be the only person wanting a Minifigure Sandman rather than a big fig xD I would much prefer it to be classic style though, like from the video game. I'll be unbelievably disappointed if Rhino is a brick built fig or anything like the version from ASM2. Same goes for Green Goblin if he happens.

I can see them doing a classic Sandman minifig but with tan arms and giant fists to go in the hands... Which would be awesome and very welcome.

That piece would be okay, actually. I've been trying to think of what they might do, and I think I like that better than anything I've come up with.

I'd much rather prefer a minifgure of Sandman rather than a brick built version. I mean, anyone could just build their own brick built Sandman (even right now), considering he's mostly just tan slopes; but it is impossible to make your own accurate custom Sandman minifigure (and accurate as in not using an old Lego soccer torso).

I'm also iffy on the idea of a brick built Rhino, who I think would work better as a big-figure. I get the feeling that if we get a brick built Rhino, he would be way too large, like the recent images of the Hulkbuster.

Most of all, I just hope there's a Marvel set hiding somewhere in the next wave with a Classic Green Goblin; who is sorely missed at this point.

Yeah two spidey sets:

76036 Carnage's Shield Sky Attack

76037 Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team

I dont watch the show so if someone could confirm which set is likely to have the Iron Spider in?

Also there was one Ant-Man set listed, simply called

76039 Marvel's Ant-Man

Im a bit dissappointed theirs only one, but as long as all the main characters are in (Lang, Pym, Wasp and Yellowjacket) then I'm all in.

Edited by NovaSentinel

Yeah two spidey sets:

76036 Carnage's Shield Sky Attack

76037 Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team

I dont watch the show so if someone could confirm which set is likely to have the Iron Spider in?

Also there was one Ant-Man set listed, simply called

76039 Marvel's Ant-Man

Im a bit dissappointed theirs only one, but as long as all the main characters are in (Lang, Pym, Wasp and Yellowjacket) then I'm all in.

He said the Antman set was a Avengers Assemble set. So no movie based set, which is really disappointing.

He said the Antman set was a Avengers Assemble set. So no movie based set, which is really disappointing.

Thats abit of a jerk move to release a animated ant man set in the year of the movie.

Should be noted his design is almost indintical to the movie...still movie figures looks better with detal.

cartoon

movie

Edited by deskp

Relax guys, Ant-Man has his movie costume in the show. It's identical.

The one benefit of that could be the possibility of Wasp showing up, as she won't suit up in the movie.

Relax guys, Ant-Man has his movie costume in the show. It's identical.

The one benefit of that could be the possibility of Wasp showing up, as she won't suit up in the movie.

Well, no my 'research' shows that his helmet is quite diferent especialy the mouth, wich means we'll end up with a Mold for his helmet that does not fit the movie version.

Edited by deskp

Besides, the suit in the set will almost certainly be the movie suit. It's doubly effective marketing - advertising two things at once. Guaranteed more sales if Avengers is thrown in the name.

Besides, the suit in the set will almost certainly be the movie suit. It's doubly effective marketing - advertising two things at once. Guaranteed more sales if Avengers is thrown in the name.

well the majority of people will think the cartoon suit is the movie suit. so lego doesen't need to put the movie suit in the set to get that effect.

would be weird to actively brand the set as the cartoon if they were to use movie designs.

Could use movie Ant-Man, then comic Wasp and villain. Not sure who, if any, of Ant-Man's rogues have shown up in AA.

I'm still willing to bet the set will be based on the movie and the AA branding is a mistake

I'm still willing to bet the set will be based on the movie and the AA branding is a mistake

If its really called "marvel's ant man" it does seem a bit more like the movie. Considering thats a very

introductary name, and not something like "Ant man fights VILLAIN"

Btw do we KNOW if the winter soldeir is movie version? I'm aware movie figs are most common in polybags but do we KNOW?

Edited by deskp