Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

It's available at Myer and currently 20% off, so only $32. you can also get Black Manta set, there or Target for 20% off right now.

Is Braniac Attacks exclusive to Myer in Australia? OMG I must go there immediately. Can you confirm this so I don't make an hour trip for nothing?

You left out the new wicket witch....

So odds are in favor of new figs

Is she actually in one of the character or story packs? I know there's a Wizard of Oz level or something, but I haven't seen her on sale physically anywhere. I figure if their intentions were to introduce new figures this way, they would have done that just a little bit more than what they have, maybe with a new figure for one of the existing franchises represented.

Is Braniac Attacks exclusive to Myer in Australia? OMG I must go there immediately. Can you confirm this so I don't make an hour trip for nothing?

Yes. 100%. Although it might be best to call ahead to see that they still have stock. I purchased mine in Adelaide last week.

Is she actually in one of the character or story packs? I know there's a Wizard of Oz level or something, but I haven't seen her on sale physically anywhere. I figure if their intentions were to introduce new figures this way, they would have done that just a little bit more than what they have, maybe with a new figure for one of the existing franchises represented.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-641b/k2-_fc21220c-89d4-4897-bc2e-28d4380a03e0.v1.jpg. The picture is from Walmart, so I assume she's available there.

I really don't think their intention is to introduce new figures, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one or two from DC just to get those of us who otherwise wouldn't care about Dimensions interested.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Yep, think so too. They will try to get minifigure collectors to buy one or another Dimension expansion set. And they know for sure that the licensed minifigs are their stars.

A bit of news on the Joker Bumper Car: http://brickset.com/...omotion-is-back!

Not sure if this is the only way to get it and it was put on the Toysrus website accidentally or if it will still be available at TRU as well.

LEGO would never make a newspaper the only way to get a polybag set. I wonder what actually happened to it?

LEGO would never make a newspaper the only way to get a polybag set. I wonder what actually happened to it?

Maybe Toysrus put it on their website months ahead of when they should have and we'll be seeing it later this year? It's the best theory I can come up with anyway.

Well, the polybag seems to be a tie-in to Jokerland, so a closer release makes more sense.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Bit late with this one but heres my view anyway haha - got the Black Manta set last week and I have to say I was really not looking forward to it after all the negative reviews, not just about the cost but the set itself; I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with it! The bat sub is such a good vechile to the collection, so much better than the mech. Black Manta is a great fig (never thought Id see him in lego) and his sub was a great build. The Robin is a good novelty, and I even like the atlantis. Only criticism is the aquaman figure and maybe the price is too steep (i did get it for £39.99 tho); but all an all a much better set that i though it would be!

Not sure how relevant this is, but can we just take a moment to appreciate how absolutely, chillingly, wonderfully incredible that leaked Batman v Superman trailer is? If you're waiting until it releases officially next week, just let me say that if you didn't have faith in this movie, you will. :drool:

Guess we're getting a new Batwing. Would be rad if we got a minifig of that "FALSE GOD" Superman statue

Bit late with this one but heres my view anyway haha - got the Black Manta set last week and I have to say I was really not looking forward to it after all the negative reviews, not just about the cost but the set itself; I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with it! The bat sub is such a good vechile to the collection, so much better than the mech. Black Manta is a great fig (never thought Id see him in lego) and his sub was a great build. The Robin is a good novelty, and I even like the atlantis. Only criticism is the aquaman figure and maybe the price is too steep (i did get it for £39.99 tho); but all an all a much better set that i though it would be!

It isn't the first time a nice set gets negative reviews. When I look for reviews I always look at those with a lot of detailed images, so I can decide myself if I like the set or not :classic:

I know Aquaman Minfigure is always a bit "problematic", every version of him. I heard many Lego fans saying "Lego can't make him right". He is not totally bad, though.

Anyway, enjoy your new set and Happy Building :classic:

I don't think people had a problem with the Black Manta set by itself, it was more of people being disappointed that the only new character was Black Manta, and the set was Batman-focused instead of Aquaman. Also the price, given those factors.

Edited by blarghiflargh

Not sure how relevant this is, but can we just take a moment to appreciate how absolutely, chillingly, wonderfully incredible that leaked Batman v Superman trailer is? If you're waiting until it releases officially next week, just let me say that if you didn't have faith in this movie, you will. :drool:

Guess we're getting a new Batwing. Would be rad if we got a minifig of that "FALSE GOD" Superman statue

Guess I'm not the only one who couldn't wait until Monday. :grin:

Have to say, the trailer looked pretty promising

Affleck's bat-voice is a major improvement over Bale's IMO

Are you sure that was the batwing? It looked more like a military plane to me.

I would love to have that statue, but I don't how they would do it unless maybe they made an entirely new mold.

Also, I really liked Lex' s line "We know better now, don't we? Demons don't come from h*** beneath us. No, they come from the sky."

I had heard something before, that the Batmobile turns into the Batwing, I don't know how true this is, its just something I heard.

Just a thought about the original Batman line. What was the shelf life for those sets like what was the last reported retail sighting of a original Batman set? 2010?

I had heard something before, that the Batmobile turns into the Batwing, I don't know how true this is, its just something I heard.

After getting a better look, I think it actually is the Batmobile turned into the Batwing.

After getting a better look, I think it actually is the Batmobile turned into the Batwing.

I hope so. That would be a cool set. It would be worth another batmobile, IMO. ^_^

I hope so. That would be a cool set. It would be worth another batmobile, IMO. ^_^

I definitly agree; since we're going to get another batmobile (probably more like 10-15, in the next 5-6 years anyway) it may as well have some unique features.

900th post!!! (Only about 901 of which had to do with Raven :grin::laugh:).

I don't think people had a problem with the Black Manta set by itself, it was more of people being disappointed that the only new character was Black Manta, and the set was Batman-focused instead of Aquaman. Also the price, given those factors.

Most Lego DC sets are Batman-focused even when they shouldn't. Black Manta set, Gorilla Grodd one etc. Lego designers really love Batman, it seems :classic:

They also know that alot of people like Batman so they will put him into a set to guarantee that it sells

A lot of people like Yoda or R2D2 but they don't put them in every Star Wars set. Just saying. Of course they can't please everyone when they design sets :classic:

EDIT:

Typo corrected.

Edited by BrickSev

A lot of people like Yoda or R2D2 but they don't put them in every Star Wars set. Just saying. Of course they can't please everyone when they design sets :classic:

EDIT:

Typo corrected.

The Star Wars logo sells itself. I don't think that DC's does.