Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Sorry, but I don't really know and / or cannot find it. But are there already pics of the Green Lantern faces? I know the smiling one, but are there shots of the other face? Or am I wrong and there is only one?

Just gave that a thought...because I would not want a smiling one for dispay ^^

Edited by KCMatze

Sorry, but I don't really know and / or cannot find it. But are there already pics of the Green Lantern faces? I know the smiling one, but are there shots of the other face? Or am I wrong and there is only one?

Just gave that a thought...because I would not want a smiling one for dispay ^^

Green Lantern 2015

That site gave my computer 6 viruses (not a hyperbole) and "major suspicious activity." Thanks. :facepalm:

Really, worked fine for me.

Edit: Sorry to hear that, good luck cleaning it up if you already haven't.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

As a long time follower of this thread, and super excited to get two lanterns, I think that one of the upcoming DC movies with GL will get us more lanterns. A GL movie could focus on the "war of light" from Geoff Johns fantastic storyline. The JL movie will probably be about Darksied and perhaps the GL movie will be like GotG from Marvel and be more "intergalactic" with Atrocitus (big-fig), Larfleeze, Arkillo, another Green Lantern, perhaps Kilowog, Saint Walker, Indigo-1, and Star-Sapphire (Carol Ferris). The Guardians of the Universe would be a neat set with 2-3 of the blue guys, perhaps even a Black and White Lantern. I know that Lego doesn't want to be too "out-there" for mainstream audiences, but look how well Marvel made huge bucks with GotG this summer. Larfleeze should have his lantern and a little cave or grotto for some gold pieces. Atrocitus (big-fig), could battle Star Sapphire to balance love and rage. Arkillo could battle another GL boosted by Saint Walker. Indigo-1 and Kilowog would battle for understanding of compassion. A bit obscure, but trying to engage the kids and the AFOL. Probably one Guardian in each set, 3 or 4 sets. Perhaps no B/W lanterns, a bit dark, besides, who is brought back from the dead, Sinestro? Is Hal the WL also? I like the idea of the Lantern sets like the jet because the lanterns create constructs, (designs) like we do when we build with a certain color. Thoughts?

It'll probably be a long time before we see too many Lanterns, but when we do, I'd like to see Kilowog, John Stewart, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, and Star Sapphire. Of course, those certainly wouldn't come all at once, some not at all, but it'd be nice to have at least one representative for each of the major Corps. Of course, if they wanted to make me really happy, we'd get Lantern versions of the whole League. Sinestro Batman, Blue Lantern Flash, Star Sapphire Wonder Woman, all of 'em.

Well, of course, would love to see Yellow Lantern Batman and Blue Lantern Flash, just not expecting too much. Perhaps Black Hand versus White Lantern Hal Jordan. I see that as a possibility in the realm of one or two GL movies. Solomon Grundy big fig versus WL Hal and Black Hand, zombie vibe there? Otherwise, I can't see all 5 human GL, too confusing for the general population or lego buyers. MANHUNTERS!!! That could be a cool set or so, 2 Manhunters vs a few GL and other corps members. What about Anti-monitor?! Not a big-fig, but a brick built figure like Groot from GotG?

I hope we get some more of the Lanterns like Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner. John Stewart would be nice but he's easier to do as it'll just be a swap of the head with the Hal Jordan version. I'd love to see a bigfig Kilowog though :wub:

I'd love a series of minifigures based on the blackest night/brightest day story lines, inc all the lantern variants of the DC Heroes & Villains, but could only see that happening as CMF series if they were ever to take that route with the Superheroes theme and even then it would be a long shot.

I still have so little faith in Dawn of Justice doing well that I'm basically expecting all the other planned DC films to be cancelled, that way if they don't get cancelled I can be pleasantly surprised.

To be fair, the Justice League movies being cancelled wouldn't be the worst thing to happen for Lego DC fans. Not saying I want them to flop, but even if they do we just got a whole wave of Justice League... That will only continue when we don't have movie sets to fill in.

True, but I suspect we won't ever see a wave this complete again without a cartoon tie-in. This wave is very unprecedented and I really hope it sells well to help justify the fact that they can do original scenes in the DC world (or Marvel world for that matter) and not have to worry about a direct tie in to sell them. I'm planning on breaking my normal wait for discounts with at least 2 sets in the wave and hope the excitement around some of the other new characters does the same for others.

To be fair the Man of Steel sets, though pretty lack luster did provide some interesting parts packs for MOCs, I've seen some great stuff done with the Zod helmets/armour for Sci-Fi scenes, and it kind of helped that the movie flopped because when you see them out of context the parts don't instantly make you think of Superman.

Man of Steel did not flop, it made nearly $700 million and received mixed reviews, which many were unsure due to a clash between their Superman lore, hardly a flop.

Apologies, flop might have been the wrong term. But despite reviews I have not met a single person who actually liked the film, most people I have spoken to said that they couldn't finish watching it because it was so bad. I'm normally able to watch films with a fairly unbiased viewpoint, but MoS I really struggled to find anything better to say for it than "I could see what they were trying to do with it."

What I was really getting at though was how Zod's helmet is not instantly recognisable as a Man of Steel piece. Compare a Zod Helmet to a Starlord helmet, far more general public would recognise a Star Lord helmet than would recognise a Zod helmet.

But despite reviews I have not met a single person who actually liked the film,

Nice to meet you, and make that one ;)

Honestly, I think Man of Steel is pretty great. It's one of the few DC movies that don't fill me with rage. I'll admit, the second act is a little weak, Amy Adams wasn't too great, and why Clark couldn't save the dog without raising suspicion is beyond me. It's more Batman Begins than it is the Dark Knight.

A lil off topic, though. I'd call Star Lord's helmet far more recognizable. The Zod helmet works just as well for him as it does Firefly, so it's a little more multipurpose (read as: "generic").

Nice to meet you, and make that one ;)

Honestly, I think Man of Steel is pretty great. It's one of the few DC movies that don't fill me with rage. I'll admit, the second act is a little weak, Amy Adams wasn't too great, and why Clark couldn't save the dog without raising suspicion is beyond me. It's more Batman Begins than it is the Dark Knight.

A lil off topic, though. I'd call Star Lord's helmet far more recognizable. The Zod helmet works just as well for him as it does Firefly, so it's a little more multipurpose (read as: "generic").

I enjoyed it as well! Disappointed about the sets that went with the movie but I really liked it!

Has there been any other characters that have leaked online?

I enjoyed it as well! Disappointed about the sets that went with the movie but I really liked it!

Has there been any other characters that have leaked online?

I haven't found any, and I'm pretty sure any new ones would be posted here.

For the record, I enjoyed Man of Steel as well, it definetly had its bugs (read neck-snapping, tornado scene, and codex) but it was still good IMO.

I only bought one MOS set, the Black Zero Escape. I fell asleep for the rest, and never did see the second half of that movie.

I am certain to get the Green Lantern set as well as the Black Manta set as soon as it is available. My Legion of Doom is going to be so sweet! :wink:

I only bought those sets because I want be able to say I have every Super Heroes set, speaking of which I need to pick up the Tumbler!

I'm with you Modoctordoom. I'm a completist too. I have them all, but was not too impressed with the MOS sets. They seemed thrown together.

The tumbler was my latest dc set. I absolutely love it.

I wished we got more buildings in the dc sets. There is no point having all these vehicles with nowhere to go.

I'm with you Modoctordoom. I'm a completist too. I have them all, but was not too impressed with the MOS sets. They seemed thrown together.

The tumbler was my latest dc set. I absolutely love it.

I wished we got more buildings in the dc sets. There is no point having all these vehicles with nowhere to go.

Ya I have shelves on my walls filled with pointless vehicles from DC and Marvel! I just have them on display collecting dust!