Sign in to follow this  
Chris1594

Lego Series 1 Circus clown and other series question

Why is the Circus clown and many other Series minifigures $25 yet other Series minifigs are $3-4?. Asides from collecting some vintage stuff I have thought about collecting the Series 1-11 as well but was just curious why certain ones seem over priced.

I guess it is what it is and I'll just have to deal with paying that price. Just crazy how expensive some of them get.

I recall Series 1 having a much, much smaller production run compared to other series. Popular opinion is that LEGO did not expect the CMF line to take off like it did.

I recall Series 1 having a much, much smaller production run compared to other series. Popular opinion is that LEGO did not expect the CMF line to take off like it did.

I checked out even that Zombie minifigure and i'm finding it for $35 it's crazy lol

I remember that Series 1 was released while I was traveling in Europe and I had snapped up 4 complete sets while I could at some random toy store with reports from friends that supplies were running short in the US...

I wish I had been smarter and picked up some of these before the prices got like this. I was still in my dark ages when I finally woke up with Series 5 :wub: . I managed to track down the complete sets for 3 and 4 but my collection is incomplete as I do not have Series 1 or 2.

I think you are right about this. I didn't see that many boxes in the shops until later. Around series 3 is when I saw things pick up with inventories.