Sign in to follow this  

I recently rewatched the Lego movie, and I kind of got thinking about all of the new moulds, prints ECT...

So I wondered, did Finn's dad make those customs?

Did he buy TLM sets? (Heh.)

Or are they just kind of crop circles, things that have an explanation that nobody agrees on?

I'd guess, based on his reactions to the Metalbeard figure and the spaceship (a hodge-podge? REALLY? Not even you believed that, Man Upstairs) they may have been MOCs that Finn built during his extended play session.

I do wonder if TLM exists in the film's universe though, but with a different plot etc.

To be perfectly honest, that thought never crossed my mind. I think I must suspend belief when I watch movies. Maybe that is why I am more entertained than some of my friends.

i may be wrong, but i think its a bit of both. if you look in finns box, you can see a complete cloud cuckoo palace (probably where unikitty comes from, although in universe prbably didnt have emmet, wyldstyle, and the executron), leading me to belive that atleast a few of the sets were official (like the sea cow, i belive was in the pirate section still at the end, so it may have been a "real" set) and were the source of some of the parts and prints we see.

also, and hereis where i may be wrong, i belive i saw a 3d printer thing in the basement, so the man upstairs may have been making his own stuff too, like the buisness minifigs hair (if it is supposed to be his sigfig, it would make sense he would do custom hair) and thats probably where all the chrome robo heads came from too. would make a bit more sense too that he would imediatley recognize buisness being the bad guy was supposed to be him, he litterally was made in his image!