Sign in to follow this  
AmazingPharaoh

Stickers

Sometimes when you buy a lego model, it has stickers you need to put on pieces. I don't have any problems with them, and they go on pretty well for the most part. Sure, printed pieces are nice but stickers are the next best thing. Only they may cause a problem for some people who have allergy to glue on the inside part of the sticker, but it dries quickly once applied. Sometimes I don't like to put a sticker on that particular piece according to instructions (such as onto a raised baseplate) , so I save the sticker in shelf for later, when I find a piece that it fits perfectly.

well, that is why people like us reproduce stickers, then you can use affordable stickers and keep / replace the originals

I think a lot of people don't put the stickers on a set because they know they will be using the bricks for something else, and would just have to take them off. I have been putting them on my sets, I figure it would be a while before I would use the bricks to build something else, for the most part.

I generally don't apply stickers: It allows me to reuse the bricks, and allows me to use the stickers on other bricks for mocs where they may fit well.

The sticker sheets can be pretty big and can have dead space. It would be nice if lego used the dead space and made additional stickers. Things like torso decals (maybe to make female characters given the recent flack they got about not making enough females), cracks / smashes / weatheing bits. Additional road signs for car sets. Bits of alien writing for space ships. A bunch of flashy names to customise a fighter plane (collect all eight...). Broken mortar with bricks behind for buildings. Something related to the set but not required or specified in the isntructions allowing some customisation (ah the good old days when there were additional pictures of what other things you could make out of a set). Kids could use their creativity and mocers would enjoy them more.

Maybe a Glen or Glenda printed decal head (like good cop bad cop ;) ) with the female stickers... not taking the micky here. It's all about choice. Stickers are the poor mans' decals but still have their place and are much more versatile.

Lego sticker has very nice printed logos and marks, but it is very sticky and causes some layers when you try to adjust it in case which create little fuss.

I like to apply stickers on all my sets!