The Joker1

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Video Game Discussion)

I think this hub system is terrible, though. I much preferred the open-world Gotham and New York to the small planets and enclosed areas. I think that's going to deter me from buying the new Marvel game this year, because I expect the world system will be rather similar.

Agreed on that part. Easily my least favorite part of the game. I mean, what's the point of getting all these cool vehicles if we can't drive 'em around a city? Just driving them around an empty planet's boring. Heck, I just used a flying character for all the aerial races on Oa.

I was really hoping free-roam Gotham would have stayed. Even better if they threw in Metropolis.

Part of me is glad that I didn't pick up this game, between the terrible hub sections and disappointing DLC and whatnot, but again, I love how they added more characters than LB2 and had more focus on the League as a whole instead of letting Bats steal the spotlight.

Just thinking, maybe those neck things on the Squad that everyone assumed to be bombs are actually inhibitor collars.

I don't think so...

One of Waller's first lines as narrator is: "Time to earn those expensive explosive collars I bought you all." She also ends by saying, "Believe me you don't want to wait for my "mind-blowing" motivational speech!"

...so a different kind of inhibitor. :grin:

I don't think so...

One of Waller's first lines as narrator is: "Time to earn those expensive explosive collars I bought you all." She also ends by saying, "Believe me you don't want to wait for my "mind-blowing" motivational speech!"

...so a different kind of inhibitor. :grin:

Ah, I haven't played the level yet, sorry.

I think that's going to deter me from buying the new Marvel game this year, because I expect the world system will be rather similar.

They already have that huge New York designed, why not tweak and reuse it? That was one of the most well received parts of the game, they'd be fools not to shove it back in when they've already got it ready to use.

If anyone still plays this game (like I do), the Heroines and Villainesses DLC pack has been released this week. Ten new characters (obviously all female) to add to the already huge roster!

They should add more to make a whole roster, but there's some missing DC characters in this game like the ff:

- Clayface

- Constantine

- Black Lightning

- Harvey Bullock

- Lois Lane

- Jimmy Olsen

- Perry White

- Vickie Vale

- Hippolyta

- Ares

- Static

- Black Mask

- Ocean Master

- Arisia Rahb

- Green Lantern Alan Scott

- Green Lantern Jade

- The Flash (Jay Garrick)

Edited by legofanatic12

They should add more to make a whole roster, but there's some missing DC characters in this game like the ff:

- Clayface

- Constantine

- Black Lightning

- Harvey Bullock

- Lois Lane

- Jimmy Olsen

- Perry White

- Vickie Vale

- Hippolyta

- Ares

- Static

- Black Mask

- Ocean Master

- Arisia Rahb

- Green Lantern Alan Scott

- Green Lantern Jade

- The Flash (Jay Garrick)

Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, The Crime Syndicate, and Pied Piper would have been great too.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Scarecrow, Clayface, Two-Face, and Ra's Al Ghul were also needed in the vanilla game. They would have been fun, but only movie-based DLC versions appeared.

Scarecrow, Clayface, Two-Face, and Ra's Al Ghul were also needed in the vanilla game. They would have been fun, but only movie-based DLC versions appeared.

Same with Zod.

Also, now that I think about it, Amazo would have been a great addition to the game too.

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but, I'm having a bit of trouble.

I'm an old guy, and I've got young kids with an XBox 360.  We started playing twice, over a year ago.  Used two "Save Game" slots.  When I'm at the start up screen, it shows that both of them are at 0% complete, and both were saved at different dates in 2015.  Those are accurate, in that we only got through the first screen (not first level, first screen) before giving up and putting it aside.

Yesterday, we decided to pull it out, and decided to look up walkthroughs, and start playing the game.  We spent a good 5 hours playing and enjoying the game.  Got through quite a few levels - we were somewhere on the Watchtower (past the Hanger) when we decided to stop.  We used our "Checkpoints" throughout the game to save progress.  Used "Save and Continue" every time.

This morning, we went into the game the same way we did yesterday, and the save game from yesterday isn't there!  It's just like it was yesterday, with the two save games from 2015.

What did I do wrong?  Where can I pull up the game?  I was just finally enjoying the game yesterday, and I'm completely frustrated with it once again.  Any suggestions?

Edited by Alpinemaps

On 1/8/2017 at 8:32 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but, I'm having a bit of trouble.

I'm an old guy, and I've got young kids with an XBox 360.  We started playing twice, over a year ago.  Used two "Save Game" slots.  When I'm at the start up screen, it shows that both of them are at 0% complete, and both were saved at different dates in 2015.  Those are accurate, in that we only got through the first screen (not first level, first screen) before giving up and putting it aside.

Yesterday, we decided to pull it out, and decided to look up walkthroughs, and start playing the game.  We spent a good 5 hours playing and enjoying the game.  Got through quite a few levels - we were somewhere on the Watchtower (past the Hanger) when we decided to stop.  We used our "Checkpoints" throughout the game to save progress.  Used "Save and Continue" every time.

This morning, we went into the game the same way we did yesterday, and the save game from yesterday isn't there!  It's just like it was yesterday, with the two save games from 2015.

What did I do wrong?  Where can I pull up the game?  I was just finally enjoying the game yesterday, and I'm completely frustrated with it once again.  Any suggestions?

Never mind.  I restarted the game, and did a "Save & Exit" instead of a "Save & Continue" first time through.  This time, it saved.  And continued saving.