KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

So what happens when someone clones 10179 Millennium Falcon and brings cloned extremely rare parts such as the light bley rigging pieces to the market as well as printed radar dishes?

£140 for the cheapest dish on BL

£370 for 3 of the Rigging pieces

£150 for the cheapest sticker for the UCS Plaque.

That's £660 (without shipping) for five parts that wouldn't have studs showing and four of which that don't have studs at all. Even if they sold a cloned 10179 for £100 it would be worth it just for those.

I've never bought a bootleg set for a brick build before but I don't know if I could say no to that.

You mean like these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Show-Z-Tribute-L-E-G-O-Replica-Parts-boat-cylinder/32630370488.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.156.JElQJl&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10055_10049_10059_10058_9914_10017_10060_10061_10062_10063_412,searchweb201603_6&btsid=f63b2de7-c247-4825-bd76-b84ad0cfc650

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Show-Z-Tribute-L-E-G-O-Replica-Parts-Star-Wars-10179-Millennium-Falcon-Radar/32635618254.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.9.pTZoeF&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=8eb6264b-eb06-4e34-a72f-65e33d9f3216&tpp=1

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Show-Z-Tribute-L-E-G-O-Replica-Parts-32555-Star-Wars-10179-10221-legoelied/32668019339.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.9.j2ocR2&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=87258fee-aa71-4a91-a3f5-cd9b8ac01e47&tpp=1

Heres my collection so far

Is that Ecto-1 official or bootleg? And if it's bootleg, mind pointing me in its direction?

Interested in Sandman and Stan Lee. Now let's hope for a custom Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, John Romita Sr., John Byrne, Sal Buscema, Todd McFarlane etcetera...lol

(But seriously i would love that haha)

Only problem with these is the dish is a decal and the images show it's not the best application of that decal.

The rigging might be decent but factor in each of these parts and it's coming in at around $60 for three elements... If they did a whole set then it wouldn't be too much more for the other 4000 or so pieces... and the dish would be printed.

Edited by Robianco

Only problem with these is the dish is a decal and the images show it's not the best application of that decal.

The rigging might be decent but factor in each of these parts and it's coming in at around $60 for three elements... If they did a whole set then it wouldn't be too much more for the other 4000 or so pieces... and the dish would be printed.

I have no idea of the real prices for those pieces but isn't that a bit expensive for what these are ?

Edited by lglh

I made a large order of single figures ($34 worth) from Remote Control Toy Club on AliExpress. And I have only received half of my order and now I am having a difficult time getting the seller to work through the dispute. So far they've only verified that they sent 2 packages (which they did - one had two figures in it!) Just a heads up with this seller, I don't know if I would order from them again. I am essentially missing every single Xinh figure I ordered. I wanted to give a heads up because this seller had single figures cheaper than other sellers - no wonder - they don't send them. I've made numerous orders with all sorts of other sellers, and this is the first major problem I've ever had on AliExpress.

Edited by scrubmonkey

Shame. It's too expensive to buy official but if someone did a bootleg I'd totally get it.

Its only 40 quid at tesco direct. Use quidco and get cashback aswel.

Its only 40 quid at tesco direct. Use quidco and get cashback aswel.

Still a bit much for me. I'm not overly enthusiastic about Ghostbusters so I'd only get it if it were a cheap, disposable amount.

Little homework for holidays :

Is there any quality bootleg Star Wars minifigs that weren't release by TLG ?

(New designs, custom copies, etc)

Little homework for holidays :

Is there any quality bootleg Star Wars minifigs that weren't release by TLG ?

(New designs, custom copies, etc)

I don't know nearly as much about Star Wars bootlegs, but I think bootleggers only started focusing on them a bit later than Super Heroes, so we're not at the stage of decent customs yet. That and the fact that Star Wars isn't full of rights issues and negotiations like Super Heroes, so TLG are able to and will make pretty much everyone.

Got the new zoom wave today. Printing is the bad one. Some are btter than others. You can see what they tried to do but the ink/what ever they used for printing wasnt up to the job.

Also got my decool 66 batbike. The figure and cowl are a better standard to the last copy (pogo or xinh)

Got the new zoom wave today. Printing is the bad one. Some are btter than others. You can see what they tried to do but the ink/what ever they used for printing wasnt up to the job.

I got mine a few days ago and it's the same deal. Zoom and the body on Reverse Flash are passable for display at a reasonable distance, but it's just a generally crap wave. I just hope the rumours about reprints are true. I really want a decent version of these figures.

I'm holding off buying these Xinhs until the better versions hit.

If anyone's in the UK and bought the crap ones, and is just going to bin them when the better ones arrive: If you feel like donating them to a good cause cheap, hit me up, as I'd like to get decent photos of the crap ones for my website.

You can see that the side leg printing on that Deadshot is digital. That'll ruin the figure for some people.

You can see that the side leg printing on that Deadshot is digital. That'll ruin the figure for some people.

I'd have thought Xinh might have learned their lesson on that.

Here's a question, what were the MARVEL exclusive figs this year? Iron Man Silver Centurion and SDCC Hydra Cap... any others?