KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I don't get this misprint thing. A whole lot of stores use misprinted figures as their display image (be it face printed too high, or even as far as that Deadshot a month or two back with its head printed upside-down) but I almost never receive figures like that. Am I just an anomalous result or is there a reason that misprints make the promo image that often.

I think the sellers don't necessarily view them under the same scrutiny that we do and merely try to get the first image up that can get their hands on, its just a shame when they end up with one slightly misprinted.

I don't think all the same figures turn out this way but the QC is far lower compared to TLG. you still have a chance at a bad fig maybe 25%?

Good luck lads.

Jokerland and batcave shipped today aswel.

Crazy that those two and the Black Panther set are all the same price at the moment considering the huge variation in piece count.

Got my SY Sandman set and it's missing the bag with the Spidey figure. Annoying. But at least it's the figure I least wanted.

how much for those two?

£21.56. But i got them from different sellers, to save customs fees. (Proberly all same people anyway)

someone was asking about darth malgus recently head is from pogo vader body cyborg and chest/shoulder piece from bricklink and i had capes and lightsabers

post-150717-0-47780000-1470157702_thumb.jpg

I don't get this misprint thing. A whole lot of stores use misprinted figures as their display image (be it face printed too high, or even as far as that Deadshot a month or two back with its head printed upside-down) but I almost never receive figures like that. Am I just an anomalous result or is there a reason that misprints make the promo image that often.

i think they take a picture their worst sample on purpose, so if you buy it anyway you can't complaint about the misprint (if you have any) because it's exactly like on the picture...

new old trooper:

HTB1H4nFLXXXXXaFXpXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg

Here's the Pogo Atom with the Xinh head and helmet:

28729744075_a9c90d0903_c.jpg

Edited by Robianco

20160802_212850.jpg

20160802_212837.jpg

Finally, I received my Dark Knight clown robbers. These are really neat !!

Looks like people are receiving Lepin's Helicarrier and VW van... Waiting for reviews

My Xinh flash set arrived today. Prints were the bad kind and it was missing Flash and Atom. Hopefully we'll get better ones eventually.

While the Xinh Arkham Knight figure has the terrible digital print the arms were pad printed and are pin sharp. Idiots.

So what happens when someone clones 10179 Millennium Falcon and brings cloned extremely rare parts such as the light bley rigging pieces to the market as well as printed radar dishes?

£140 for the cheapest dish on BL

£370 for 3 of the Rigging pieces

£150 for the cheapest sticker for the UCS Plaque.

That's £660 (without shipping) for five parts that wouldn't have studs showing and four of which that don't have studs at all. Even if they sold a cloned 10179 for £100 it would be worth it just for those.

I've never bought a bootleg set for a brick build before but I don't know if I could say no to that.

So what happens when someone clones 10179 Millennium Falcon and brings cloned extremely rare parts such as the light bley rigging pieces to the market as well as printed radar dishes?

£140 for the cheapest dish on BL

£370 for 3 of the Rigging pieces

£150 for the cheapest sticker for the UCS Plaque.

That's £660 (without shipping) for five parts that wouldn't have studs showing and four of which that don't have studs at all. Even if they sold a cloned 10179 for £100 it would be worth it just for those.

I've never bought a bootleg set for a brick build before but I don't know if I could say no to that.

What happens? I think a few scalpers would cry and i think a few conmen would try to make a buck out of it.

Here's the Pogo Atom with the Xinh head and helmet:

*snipping that pic away*

I really like how this looks, and I plan on picking up these to dip my toes into the bootleg waters. Is Pogo's the best Atom torso of the bunch?

I really like how this looks, and I plan on picking up these to dip my toes into the bootleg waters. Is Pogo's the best Atom torso of the bunch?

At the moment the Pogo torso and legs are the only ones that are pad printed. Xinh seems to have tried something different with the print on this range of figures and digitally printed the torso and legs... but they did it badly.

Apparently Xinh are reprinting those figures correctly and if that happens then you may only need to pick the Xinh figure up rather than just using it for the head and helmet.

Pogo minifigs incoming

Didn't Pogo only just release Kraven? The only thing I can see different here is the inclusion of the fur collar. Interesting that they've now done Stan Lee but they've used the Firestar Toys design rather than Christo's.

I wonder whether Pogo have used the artwork I set up for SDCC Cap like Decool did with Arsenal?

As Robianco said, for this particular wave, Xinh tried something different and it went horribly, which is a shame because most of the time they're on par with official figures. You can wait for reprinting (which might happen at an undisclosed time in the future) or go for a pogo torse.

Any real pic of the SY mk25 mech?

I ordered it last week so wait and see. If I'm the first to receive, I'll post pics !

13938631_1752604621663273_2075334656643042705_n.jpg?oh=94fc5fcc1cc12e08923b75cbae38196e&oe=58128E31

Pogo minifigs incoming

Finally a Stan Lee bootleg hehe ! Hope the SDCC 2016 CA is good as well.

XINH's Katana and Boomerang, looks really good just Deadshot to go.

I think it's safe to say that this is going to be another good set without dodgy printing anywhere (unless I've missed a figure and there is one with a dodgy print from previous images) so that's comforting.