KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

2. I'm desperately looking for a boxed version of the Decool. Most sellers, including the ones on Alibaba only sell loose. Does anyone know of a reseller out there who sells boxed?

I buy boxed figures. I've got a boxed version of the Decool wave on it's way from an Aliexpress seller, so it is out there. The bad news is that most sellers don't pack the boxes very well and you normally end up with the odd one (or all, if you're very unlucky) being crushed in transit. Your best bet will be to go through every listing on Ali and eBay and message the seller with your needs. A lot are drop shippers, but you may strike lucky. Many will supply boxed at extra cost if you read the listing. Just had my first order come where the seller flat packed all the boxes. But they were Sheng Yuan and their boxes fold down easily.

I'm a huge Deadpool collector and am looking for some help on the Deadpool minifig.

1. I know Decool and Sheng Yuan have produced their own versions. Is anyone aware of any other knock-offs out there?

When i first started buying bootleg figs it seemed that every set i bought had either a Decool or SY Deadpool included, I ended up with about five! I sold most of them on eBay but I just had to keep this one, which i think is a mis-printed Decool figure (or maybe it's another brand and someone here can put me right?)...

15187408402_e8eb9620b9.jpg

Just buying a loose minifig now takes scrutinizing of the listing, pictures, and seller's auctions to determine whether or not you're getting a Lego or boot. Anyone else experiencing this frustration?

I bought a Hulk minifig described as 'genuine Lego' photo was too blurry to tell so I took a punt on it - turned out to be Decool. The seller claimed that they didn't know and refunded me, and let me keep the figure :sweet: . I've found that most of the eBay sellers are honest, but I've seen a few UK sellers trying to pass off bootlegs as real Lego. I even spotted someone listing the Bohzi Spidecycle Chase as Lego 76004!

Few tidbits I'd like to add about the Punisher wave.

What I noticed and nobody brought up is that my Taskmaster figures cape....is actually thick now and not flimsy. It seems maybe that Decool started replicating what the capes are made of from Lego. The Punisher trench coat was flimsy, but one step at a time. Did anybody also get a Taskmaster from Decool with a thick cape and not the flimsy one?

I think mine's the same although the trench coat wasn't as flimsy as previous versions.

The Taskmaster cape still has the slight yellowing round the edges from the burn mark from cutting the cape though.

I think mine's the same although the trench coat wasn't as flimsy as previous versions.

The Taskmaster cape still has the slight yellowing round the edges from the burn mark from cutting the cape though.

Just got mine today. Same here. The Punisher trench coat was pretty good. Not flimsy. The Taskmaster cape seemed a little stiffer. Both were pretty impressive compared to some of the really flimsy capes in the past.

Ahhh so it seems that Decool IS in fact raising the quality on the capes. :laugh::thumbup:

Also has anybody seen the GOTG wave of Decool anywhere yet?

When i first started buying bootleg figs it seemed that every set i bought had either a Decool or SY Deadpool included, I ended up with about five! I sold most of them on eBay but I just had to keep this one, which i think is a mis-printed Decool figure (or maybe it's another brand and someone here can put me right?)...

15187408402_e8eb9620b9.jpg

I bought a Hulk minifig described as 'genuine Lego' photo was too blurry to tell so I took a punt on it - turned out to be Decool. The seller claimed that they didn't know and refunded me, and let me keep the figure :sweet: . I've found that most of the eBay sellers are honest, but I've seen a few UK sellers trying to pass off bootlegs as real Lego. I even spotted someone listing the Bohzi Spidecycle Chase as Lego 76004!

Best bet is to stick to the chinese sellers or aliexpress, they dont try to sell of the bootlegs as LEGO unlike some of those secondary resellers you have mentioned

I will buy lele's hulkbuster :) The thing....... just pass it.

The thing? in Flesh tones?! More like the Abomination... made me laugh when I saw them - not so sure I'd want the hulk buster with those beside it.

They're both awfully ugly in my view :laugh: NO WAY I will buy that.

I agree. The thing figure is terrible. The hulkbuster armor is a bit better but looks way to squished.

One of the guys in the Flickr community has posted pics of his Decool Hulkbuster and I must say it looks better than I thought it would... hopefully this means the Venom figure is close!

The bigfig thing was by Decool... I think the only bigfig SY have done is their Hulk with the moveable head and hair

LOL! That Thing is hideous. :p

I ordered a Decool Thing, so I'm hoping he looks okay! Can't be worse than that LeLe one. :p

Edited by Quasimodo

The bigfig thing was by Decool... I think the only bigfig SY have done is their Hulk with the moveable head and hair

Oops, yep of course it was. Mixed that one up. Anyways, THAT one was good ;) The movable head Hulk, too.

LOL! That Thing is hideous. :p

I ordered a Decool Thing, so I'm hoping he looks okay! Can't be worse than that LeLe one. :p

I ordered one a while back, it's really good quality

Which seller did you get him from?

Edited by Rinzler