KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I'm actually about to sell all my Marvel figures including around 50 pad printed customs, promo figures, almost all of the official Lego Marvel SH figures and MANY bootlegs including around 30 Iron Man armours... but I'll actually end up with a full set of AOU bootleg figures from SY that I'll probably keep just because they cost so little and they look almost indistinguishable from the official figures.

Time to concentrate on DC and OT Star Wars!

Why are you binning off your Marvel collection out of interest? Is it space? It must have cost a fortune to collect all of those customs for example. I do periodically have a cull within my frames (187 spaces if I insert the 11th frame!) of the odd character who on reflection I don't really have any particular passion for, but not thought of removing an entire category.

I'm going crazy here, waiting for these Dargo figures to appear on AE. The thing is, they were first to do the AoU figures, but oddly took too long to actually release them (I cancelled an order for them after waiting weeks for them to ship) - as by then first Decool did theirs and then SY.

Sometimes patience pays off, I do hope SY are watching as it really is a joyous selection of figures and having SY making them with their new improved standards would be pretty cool

Edited by jangosolo

@robianco: Maybe you can take a pic of the custom and bootleg marvel figs you're bout to sell and then people can pm you if they're interested? (Or is that against the rules?)

What is the reason you stop collecting marvel? You more a dc man? No more space?

Sorry to change the subject on you guys but does anyone have an idea when Dargo will start to release it's new minifigs?

Last time i purchased Dargo the quality was pretty good, non-flesh figs looked tremendously better than the figs who had flesh faces. I hope that isn't a problem with these next batches cause they seem like they have alot of potential

Why are you binning off your Marvel collection out of interest? Is it space? It must have cost a fortune to collect all of those customs for example. I do periodically have a cull within my frames (187 spaces if I insert the 11th frame!) of the odd character who on reflection I don't really have any particular passion for, but not thought of removing an entire category.

I'm going crazy here, waiting for these Dargo figures to appear on AE. The thing is, they were first to do the AoU figures, but oddly took too long to actually release them (I cancelled an order for them after waiting weeks for them to ship) - as by then first Decool did theirs and then SY.

Sometimes patience pays off, I do hope SY are watching as it really is a joyous selection of figures and having SY making them with their new improved standards would be pretty cool

A few reasons to be honest. Firstly there's a bit of a space issue but that's not the primary reason.

I can have a little bit of an addictive nature to collecting... always have... and I think the SH line has been another one of those things... but I only really read DC.. well... Batman to be honest. I've read Batman for years along with Mike Mignola's Hellboy Universe (2000ad and Judge Dredd was my things when I was a kid). For that reason my Marvel collection is increasing all over the place but more out of habit than any particular desire for a character or any feeling of familiarity with a character or what's happened to them on film or in print. It's just one of those things that I've looked at it and I don't feel that I'm buying them for the right reason.

I'll be sticking with DC and OT era Star Wars so I'm not getting out of Lego or minifig collecting... I'm just going to be buying the things that actually mean something to me. I'll be keeping my HP sets as I loved reading the books and my daughter is getting into the films so we'll have that in common but I'll be selling all my LOTR and Hobbit stuff also. I've got a few sets that are still sealed and then there's a lot of other sets that I can simply sell on and move the minifigures separately... as well as things such as the Ent from Orthanc that's on my shelf here.

@robianco: Maybe you can take a pic of the custom and bootleg marvel figs you're bout to sell and then people can pm you if they're interested? (Or is that against the rules?)

What is the reason you stop collecting marvel? You more a dc man? No more space?

I think I'd be able to show all the items that I'll be selling... a few are already claimed. I don't think I can list bootleg stuff over in the sale forum anyway so I can show it here and give people the option to PM me. All the SY figures have had regular arms added and a few things tweaked to bring them more in line with official figs where possible.

I'm missing Mk 18 in my list -- thanks for that! :) Mark 19 is in the latest SY279 set (although the face plate will need to be painted).

Received my LELE Spiderman set today man and have to say its the worst ive ver had.

Two figures missing arms, amazing spiderman had absolutely dreadful print and amazing spiderman 2s belt prin did not line up to the chest print.

Luckily the only half decent figures were Spiderman 2000 movie & Scarlet Spider which i ordered the set for. Ill post pics tomorrow

A few reasons to be honest. Firstly there's a bit of a space issue but that's not the primary reason.

I can have a little bit of an addictive nature to collecting... always have... and I think the SH line has been another one of those things... but I only really read DC.. well... Batman to be honest. I've read Batman for years along with Mike Mignola's Hellboy Universe (2000ad and Judge Dredd was my things when I was a kid). For that reason my Marvel collection is increasing all over the place but more out of habit than any particular desire for a character or any feeling of familiarity with a character or what's happened to them on film or in print. It's just one of those things that I've looked at it and I don't feel that I'm buying them for the right reason.

I'll be sticking with DC and OT era Star Wars so I'm not getting out of Lego or minifig collecting... I'm just going to be buying the things that actually mean something to me. I'll be keeping my HP sets as I loved reading the books and my daughter is getting into the films so we'll have that in common but I'll be selling all my LOTR and Hobbit stuff also. I've got a few sets that are still sealed and then there's a lot of other sets that I can simply sell on and move the minifigures separately... as well as things such as the Ent from Orthanc that's on my shelf here.

Fair enough, I have bought many a figure because they look cool, or they are a copy of a rare figure - but to be honest if I don't really care that much about the character, why should it be in my display! My Marvel Collection vastly outnumbers my DC and thats largely due to Lego just producing different batman figures, theres a whole universe to explore!! This Dargo (and hopefully other makers) will correct this imbalance I hope.

I too am a Batman fan, so I am collecting up all his famous foes, looks like Killer Croc has been found now too!

Has anyone bought that Jurassic World set with the stegosaurus and triceratops? I'd be interested on opinions for these.

Ordered them last night. I'll update when they arrive.

We are all sitting waiting for those new Dargo sets to go live in AE, but has anyone who ordered the trans Iron Man even had it dispatched yet? I re-placed my order over 3 weeks ago and last i heard from the seller Dargo were having production issues.....

Time will tell , Im sorry but I cant trust Dargo, they are a very small factory, SY is not big too but they are young highly dynamic and motivated and the creator is a big fan of american heroes.

Time will tell , Im sorry but I cant trust Dargo, they are a very small factory, SY is not big too but they are young highly dynamic and motivated and the creator is a big fan of american heroes.

How do you know that? You know people that know people? Does that mean that we can possibly contact them and show us our wishlist/ideas?

I can already tell you so far, from the pictures, that while most characters are instantly recognizable, some are not really all that great - I though the first figure in the first set was Carl because he was wearing the police hat (although he was full height), which Rick hasn't done since giving it to Carl, but zooming in it's quite obviously supposed to be Rick. I think it looks terrible. At the same time, without zooming in, most of the main characters are easy to pick out, and you get a nice selection of walkers.... I'll post some pictures when I get them... what? Two months from now? :classic: Fantastic Four actually didn't take that long, so I'll be optimistic about it.

I had to start watching The Walking Dead just to find out who all the figures are!

My Dargo Iron Man set was marked as shipped this morning. It'll probably be a few days before the tracking kicks in though.

Check this link for the actual photos on velociraptor and gyrosphere. https://www.facebook...859811374101103

Thanks for that! Doesn't look too bad. Particularly interested in the ones I mentioned as I think they could probably pass off as babies, and we haven't had those in Lego before.

I just got the 16 sy avengers figures, and they are awesome. My only complaint is that the hair pieces on the figures seems like cheaper plastic than usual, but that is an easy fix.

I just got the 16 sy avengers figures, and they are awesome. My only complaint is that the hair pieces on the figures seems like cheaper plastic than usual, but that is an easy fix.

Mine arrived today as well. Very impressed and like that SY are now offering double sided faces now.

I've had a card from the post office this morning which tells me I've had a shedload of stuff arrive including the Avengers waves, the SY experiment wave (which I've only ordered for the unique Batman torso), the new 4 Hulk figures and the vehicle wave with Riddler and Nick Fury.

Perfect timing for me getting out of Marvel! ;)

I think I might keep most of these though... seeing as they cost tuppence!

Anyone else have a green super jumper with Sheng Yuans Hulk Buster set?

Yeah - Mine also came with a green super jumper.

Do you have the SYnumber (or even an ali link) for the one with the batman torso, can't find it.

Thanks.

I've had a card from the post office this morning which tells me I've had a shedload of stuff arrive including the Avengers waves, the SY experiment wave (which I've only ordered for the unique Batman torso), the new 4 Hulk figures and the vehicle wave with Riddler and Nick Fury.

Perfect timing for me getting out of Marvel! ;)

I think I might keep most of these though... seeing as they cost tuppence!

It's SY279. The one that everyone hated... I still think it was an experimental set to try double sided heads etc but it's also got printed legs for Cap and Thor as well as a unique Batman torso with a yellow insignia.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SY279-Building-Block-Super-Heroes-Avengers-2-Minifigures-Captain-America-Iron-Man-Spiderman-Batman-Superman-Compatible/32362849409.html

Are these SY's first minidolls?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Wholesale-15Lot-SY268-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Girl-Friends-Minifigures-Draculaura-Frankie-Stein-Bricks-figures/1707009_32393043381.html

I think they may have done some Friends clones previously...

Falcon Commandos accessory sets from SY

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SHEN-YUAN-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Ultron-Falcon-Commandos-Minifigures-Soliders-Military-Weapons-Bricks-Mini/1707009_32383433269.html

My daughter would love those monster high ones - would love to see some female superheroes in that style too - imagine a DC crowd of them? Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Ivy, Harley etc would be ace.

Does anyone know what the SYnumber is for SY's transparent minifigs? (The one that comes in red blue orange etc) I don't need the link just the number. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Why did everyone hate this one again?

That's cus that set is basically nothing new, just a rehash of their old set, print is not that great too.. Like rob said, it's probably an experimental set.