Sign in to follow this  
Finlaybrick

Evening all!

Hello all, so.. LEGO

I think i started to rediscover lego last year when my girlfriend and i discovered we both had the BSB when we were younger (and still have them, i got my out of storage the other day) This then progressed to the purchase of some lego keyrings and minifigs, and then on a trip to legoland i came away with the 9493 X-wing which i throughly enjoyed building. So i seem to be turning into one of these AFOL's i have been reading about and thought i'd join these excellent forums :D

At the moment the X-wing and the 8868 Logging truck which i reassembled last year sit in my office along with some minifigs, not the BSB though (6285 version) as i think it would be too distracting!

I've reorganised all my old lego and technic recently and i think i might get a sneaky few hours on thursday night where i may try and rebuild by old Aquanauts neptune discovery base, as it was the last big set i got before my dark ages. I remember building it but quickly taking it apart, never really 'lived with it' so thought it would be fun to revist. My main theme was pirates, and if i am to buy any classic sets i suspect they will be from there, always fancied a Carribean Clipper or Eldorado fortress.

Anyway, thats me, happy buidling everyone!

A double welcome from me, as I have seen you already in Pirates! I highly recommend getting some of those classic sets. They look so good when a group of them are together. You picked out two of my favourite sets as examples.

I find it awesome you and your GF both have had the BSB, hope she is also supportive of an end in your dark ages!

Welcome to Eurobricks, enjoy your stay -may it be a long one- it really is an awesome forum!

AB

Thanks all for the warm welcome! i can see myself buying some yes, would love the nostalgia of it all. Yeah looking forward to seeing the new pirate ship that is being mentioned in there!

She seems quite enthusiastic thus far, surprised me with a microfighters millenium falcon the other day so i take that as a good sign!