Sign in to follow this  
Jason C. Hand

Downloading from Dropbox

Hello all.

It seems that there has been a lot of trouble brewing around downloading from Dropbox. Recently, I've seen the "509 Error" (This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!)

As a temporary solution to the problem, I've moved all the LXFs I've built over to Google Drive. If anyone wants to download any of them, please feel free to drop a line at jhand002@gmail.com,

and I will supply the link to whichever file you'd like, free and no questions asked.

Hope you all have a good evening.

It is not so strange, Dropbox is a cloud service, and share images and cad files with direct links is not its goal.

That's a pity anyway, because it was a good added value for this service.

I suggest you to move all your lego related files to specific hosting sites, that allow hotlink without problems.

The most used here are brickshelf and bricksafe.

If you have entries in the LDD official sets topic, please use one of that, because it is important to have direct links of lxf files for maintenance. Don't forget to update the links in your posts.

It is not so strange, Dropbox is a cloud service, and share images and cad files with direct links is not its goal.

That's a pity anyway, because it was a good added value for this service.

I suggest you to move all your lego related files to specific hosting sites, that allow hotlink without problems.

The most used here are brickshelf and bricksafe.

If you have entries in the LDD official sets topic, please use one of that, because it is important to have direct links of lxf files for maintenance. Don't forget to update the links in your posts.

Hi Calabar,

Thank you again for the tip. I'll go to bricksafe & check them out.

Hi Calabar,

Thank you again for the tip. I'll go to bricksafe & check them out.

Updating as many of these guys as I can tonight, won't get to them all. Will do the one(s) attached to the Official Sets in LDD, though :classic: