Sign in to follow this  
legomtron

Five set's Lego should've made for Indiana Jones

3 are from the the last crusade and 2 are from the crystal skull. First, the train seen from the last crusade, second, the tank seen, and third, the temple with the Holy Grail. As for the crystal skull, first, the area 51 seen and second, the the ant hill seen(unlike the jungle cutter set, it would come with 2 jeeps , an anthill, and 1 or 2 trees).

Yes, a temple for the Holy Grail would be great! It could be like the £40 Prince of Persia set!

I'd dearly love to have more Indiana Jones sets, including the ones you mention, particularly the Dunn & Duffy circus train. In addition to the train, the Hatay tank, the Grail temple, the warehouse and the anthill, I'd also love sets of the Bantu Wind and the Wurrfler (the tramp steamer and the U-boat from Raiders of the Lost Ark), the Lao Che Air Freight Ford Tri-motor airplane (from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), and most especially some sets from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, such as the train used by Pancho Villa, the "Phantom Train" and the riverboat Collette.

There's actually a LEGO CUUSOO project for the anthill scene from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, if you'd like to support it. The build shown is pretty rough and simple; I think the submitter might do well to revise it a little. Still, though, it gets the idea of the scene across (and of course it would be substantially redesigned anyway if it were turned into an actual set). It doesn't have the additional vehicles you mention, but otherwise it's pretty much just what you've asked for. You might consider supporting it with a vote.

:classic:

I'd dearly love to have more Indiana Jones sets, including the ones you mention, particularly the Dunn & Duffy circus train. In addition to the train, the Hatay tank, the Grail temple, the warehouse and the anthill, I'd also love sets of the Bantu Wind and the Wurrfler (the tramp steamer and the U-boat from Raiders of the Lost Ark), the Lao Che Air Freight Ford Tri-motor airplane (from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), and most especially some sets from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, such as the train used by Pancho Villa, the "Phantom Train" and the riverboat Collette.

There's actually a LEGO CUUSOO project for the anthill scene from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, if you'd like to support it. The build shown is pretty rough and simple; I think the submitter might do well to revise it a little. Still, though, it gets the idea of the scene across (and of course it would be substantially redesigned anyway if it were turned into an actual set). It doesn't have the additional vehicles you mention, but otherwise it's pretty much just what you've asked for. You might consider supporting it with a vote.

:classic:

Not bad. but I don't have a cuusoo account. Geuss I should get one. :sweet:

Good thread, I would love to see the Hatay tank w/Indy on a horse....the German U-boat (and Uboat pen), as well as the Austrian castle from Crusade.

I have always wanted a Tanis map room set that has Tanis represented as an area of micromodulars. Some would be tan bricks, some would be trans clear. Install a light brick under the set to reenact Indy's use of the staff of Ra to locate The Well of Souls.

3 are from the the last crusade and 2 are from the crystal skull. First, the train seen from the last crusade, second, the tank seen, and third, the temple with the Holy Grail. As for the crystal skull, first, the area 51 seen and second, the the ant hill seen(unlike the jungle cutter set, it would come with 2 jeeps , an anthill, and 1 or 2 trees).

I can understand why they didn't make the tank because it was way to military themed.

I can understand why they didn't make the tank because it was way to military themed.

They made a bomber, jeep, U-boat, and machine gun equipped biplane though.

I can't think of 5 sets in particular, but I would have loved to have seen the Grail Temple. It's understandable why LEGO didn't make one though, what with all the religious imagery related to the temple.

I think the theme had at least another two good years left in it. Hopefully when Indiana Jones 5 finally gets realised we will see more sets.

They made a bomber, jeep, U-boat, and machine gun equipped biplane though.

They didn't make a U-Boat. Also Lego make machine guns in Star Wars so it makes sense not to shy away with this theme. The tank is a real military tank that was used during the war, there are many different planes and trucks but this tank would have to be accurate, They did not even make the tank accurate in the first game.

Yes, I know, but it could have been an awsome tank!!!!!!!!

Isn't this topic from a now extinct theme? I am just saying :wink:

Well they are thinking of doing a 5 movie.(but no way that would happen,I mean like c'mon, the guys 80 or somthing!)

Well they are thinking of doing a 5 movie.(but no way that would happen,I mean like c'mon, the guys 80 or somthing!)

Really? Wow i guess they want me to grow up like grandpa :tongue::grin::laugh::head_back::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::rofl::roflmao::facepalm::distressed:

Indy is 58 in the fourth movie (though Harrison was in his mid-60s when it was shot), and the character has already been shown at age 93:

OldIndy.jpg

As we also see from that image, he's been through a considerable amount of adventure in the years between 1958 and 1992, and I for one would like to know more about it.

(Not to mention another movie would surely mean more LEGO sets! :wink::grin: )