Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE free build] ""At the briefing""

These SoNE builds are looking awesome, I might have to look into joining sometime. Really nice work.

Yay, another piece of your Star Destroyer!

You're definetly on the right way, and it's great to see that. The tiled floor once again looks beautiful, with a sensible amount of grill in there. The angles you've been incorporating are getting more delicious by the minute. Those doorways are especially nice, and I like the variety you bring in them. What pleases me a lot is that this scene is a well defined part of space, since you've lined it of really good. The dark grey border on top, in combination with the inverted slopes works. (BTW, is there a reason for those bricks with technic holes being there, or is that just a hole in your collection?) Not very spectacular, but still very notable is that technique you used for that piece of piping up there. I really like i, although it reminds me maybe a bit too much of the porjector screens we have in our days. But that's just my mind playing tricks on me, is it?

Anyway, it's getting harder and harder to point out points of improvement (which is a really good thing!). My only remarks on this one would be that corner at the far left. That looks like a piece you forgot, and distracts a bit from the picture, since it looks like it wasn't meant to be visible. Covering up those areas with just a wall of plain bricks already helps out. Also, you could try to experiment with a SNOTted floor, since those tiles aren't working too well at the angled edges, looking quite ragged. You could also play better with texture in that way, since you could use those grill bricks for finer stripes, or the back side of those brick bricks. Or you could incorporate SNOTted plates for slim stripes on the floor. But wait... that isn't criticism any more, that's just asking for mor MOCs :grin: .

These SoNE builds are looking awesome, I might have to look into joining sometime. Really nice work.

You would be welcome to join SoNE (specially to the empire :wink:), it has been a good incentive for me to get on building new stuff, but if you have the imagination to develop your own fictional universe that would be a lot more awesome, I actually intend to build up my own SW story on the near future (my very own continuation to the OT).

Anyway, it's getting harder and harder to point out points of improvement (which is a really good thing!). My only remarks on this one would be that corner at the far left. That looks like a piece you forgot, and distracts a bit from the picture, since it looks like it wasn't meant to be visible. Covering up those areas with just a wall of plain bricks already helps out. Also, you could try to experiment with a SNOTted floor, since those tiles aren't working too well at the angled edges, looking quite ragged. You could also play better with texture in that way, since you could use those grill bricks for finer stripes, or the back side of those brick bricks. Or you could incorporate SNOTted plates for slim stripes on the floor. But wait... that isn't criticism any more, that's just asking for mor MOCs :grin: .

More MOCs are on the way Mr. BEAVeR, thanks for your comments, they have been very useful, I will experiment on SNOT techniques on my next one.