Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE free build] "Awaiting orders"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"After repelling the rebel assault, I have been called to the bridge to be briefed on my next assignment at the surface of the planet, it seems that I will be fighting beside the shadow trooper corps, we will see if they are as good as they say..."

12777160993_da0d9cd661.jpg

P1010004 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12777464884_e46a7e884b.jpg

P1010008 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12777149573_31dceb2716.jpg

P1010018 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12777144513_6693070646.jpg

P1010025 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

This is my first attempt on angled walls and tiled surfaces in response to Brickdoctors sugestions on my earliest freebuild.

I would like this one scored to :wink:.

This looks really cool! I don't know if there some rules about people posting suggestions before a build being scored, but if its OK, I have a couple of wee hints that might make this look more like a bridge (not that I'm saying the build is bad in any way). Maybe having a control panel somewhere might give more of a centre hub kind of feel, although there isn't actually any at the front on the bridge in the actual ship as I recall, or perhaps adding a second Navy Trooper (I just love the helmets) would work too. I'm not bothered whether or not you use these hints, but

Oww... your building an entire SD then! First a turret, now a piece of the bridge. I'm wondering where this is going to end.

Anyway, this is a neat clean build. The tiles you've used on the floor are an improvement in my eyes, especially because you incorporated some grills too. The angles walls are succeeded as well.

I you want to go the extra mile, you could angle those wall around the horizontal axis as well, but it would be hard to fit everything together then.

Some greebles would be nice, since this time, it looks a bit too clean (always contradicting myself :tongue: ). A SD's bridge does contain a lot of details beneath the windows, so if you would do that, this MOC would attain a new level detail and awesomeness (as well as more points, which we can use of course :laugh: ).

Also, the scene seems to end quite abruptly at the top. As I've said before, adding some inverted slopes to angle inwards could help there.

And finally: I'm starting to miss the space backdrop there. It looked great on your previous MOC, so why did it disappear?

Nonetheless, even without it, this scene still looks great, and like it's preceding something greater. Can't wait to see those Shadow Troopers in action!

This looks really cool! I don't know if there some rules about people posting suggestions before a build being scored, but if its OK, I have a couple of wee hints that might make this look more like a bridge (not that I'm saying the build is bad in any way). Maybe having a control panel somewhere might give more of a centre hub kind of feel, although there isn't actually any at the front on the bridge in the actual ship as I recall, or perhaps adding a second Navy Trooper (I just love the helmets) would work too. I'm not bothered whether or not you use these hints, but

Oww... your building an entire SD then! First a turret, now a piece of the bridge. I'm wondering where this is going to end.

Anyway, this is a neat clean build. The tiles you've used on the floor are an improvement in my eyes, especially because you incorporated some grills too. The angles walls are succeeded as well.

I you want to go the extra mile, you could angle those wall around the horizontal axis as well, but it would be hard to fit everything together then.

Some greebles would be nice, since this time, it looks a bit too clean (always contradicting myself :tongue: ). A SD's bridge does contain a lot of details beneath the windows, so if you would do that, this MOC would attain a new level detail and awesomeness (as well as more points, which we can use of course :laugh: ).

Also, the scene seems to end quite abruptly at the top. As I've said before, adding some inverted slopes to angle inwards could help there.

And finally: I'm starting to miss the space backdrop there. It looked great on your previous MOC, so why did it disappear?

Nonetheless, even without it, this scene still looks great, and like it's preceding something greater. Can't wait to see those Shadow Troopers in action!

Thanks for the hints, all suggestions are put into consideration for the next build, I am trying to improve my technique with the few bricks I have available, regarding to the "bridge" I just wanted it to have the feel of the place much rather than being the bridge it self, is more like a side window and less like the place were Vader strangles everybody, regarding to building an entire SD, in time we will get to see more rooms and locations but not necessarily the entire minifig scale ship, that would be awesome! but I dont have enough bricks :cry_sad: , but we have the magic of the camera (a midi or mini scale one may appear later, most likely a MOC).

Neat! This is definitely a good, compact way to represent the bride of an Imperial Star Destroyer. I like how you used the dark-colored tiles around the facing edges of the deck to give the build a finished look. I look at this and think that this would be a great build for the Empire to use as a set for a propaganda film.

BEAVeR is right in one respect, though; it stops short at the top. The big problem I see with this is that it has got to very, very difficult to take a picture of this free build without showing the cut-off point where the walls stop. I personally thank that some plates attached with a hinge, sloping, say, twenty to thirty degrees up, with greebling to form the bridge ceiling, would be a nice touch. There is a spot in a Death Star, just aft of the control bridge, that matches the concept you said you were expressing. There is a fairly short corridor leading from the lifts to the bride, and on either side of this corridor is a little nook much like what you have built here. Those spaces had a very flat, boring roof, not angled at all (you see a shot of one in Episode V, when two Star Destroyers pursuing the Millennium Falcon near Hoth nearly collide. A couple of officers brace themselves against the walls of one of these nooks during evasive action by the Star Destroyers.)

What is the TIE Fighter pilot doing here, though?

Neat! This is definitely a good, compact way to represent the bride of an Imperial Star Destroyer. I like how you used the dark-colored tiles around the facing edges of the deck to give the build a finished look. I look at this and think that this would be a great build for the Empire to use as a set for a propaganda film.

BEAVeR is right in one respect, though; it stops short at the top. The big problem I see with this is that it has got to very, very difficult to take a picture of this free build without showing the cut-off point where the walls stop. I personally thank that some plates attached with a hinge, sloping, say, twenty to thirty degrees up, with greebling to form the bridge ceiling, would be a nice touch. There is a spot in a Death Star, just aft of the control bridge, that matches the concept you said you were expressing. There is a fairly short corridor leading from the lifts to the bride, and on either side of this corridor is a little nook much like what you have built here. Those spaces had a very flat, boring roof, not angled at all (you see a shot of one in Episode V, when two Star Destroyers pursuing the Millennium Falcon near Hoth nearly collide. A couple of officers brace themselves against the walls of one of these nooks during evasive action by the Star Destroyers.)

What is the TIE Fighter pilot doing here, though?

Thanks for your comments, it does need some extra details on the "roof" but this one was mostly an experiment, regarding to the pilot, lets say that he will be the pilot of the mission :wink: (I ran out of navy troopers).