Damn, that looks super nice :) I might return to the Mustang sometime soon, maybe even for BrickCon 2014 :wink:

VK, what program are you using for the stress analysis?

CRookie28, that looks excellent!

VK, what program are you using for the stress analysis?

I'm using Autodesk Inventor for both part modeling and stress analysis.

Alright guys, time to bring this project back!

The 4 year anniversary of my Facebook page is a month away, and what better way to celebrate than with a finished Mustang, right?

This Saturday at 9:00 AM Pacific Time I will be livestreaming the rebuild of the Mustang. Hopefully I'll get Google Hangouts On Air figured out, and I'll post a link here. Stay tuned!

Sheepo made a design for leaf springs, they're really good, I used them for a chassis i never finished but they worked really effectively :classic:

Hit the link, everything will be on that page.

If you want to watch from YouTube, you can also click

Again, everything goes live this Saturday at 9AM Pacific Time.

Sorry guys, forgot to check my calendar, turns out I have plans for tomorrow morning! The livestream is still going to happen, just 3 hours later. Here's the link again for anyone who needs it.

Livestream went really well today, got the entire chassis rebuilt (with quite a few improvements, too).

14636390114_99ed233eec_o.jpg

The front axle is mostly the same, with kingpin inclination, caster angle, Ackerman steering, and anti-dive geometry (you're welcome Aleš). Rear axle uses 100% Lego leafsprings this time, and thanks to a redesign of the steering motor mount, both drive motors fit under the good.

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

here's definitely "a project" as they say in the classic car business! This is where I'm at with my '67 GT500, still masses of work through in terms of making structurally sound and mechanically getting it working. Has taken probably hundreds of re-builds to get the design proportions right including the roof and rear fastback shape (not on this) but I'm happy where they're at now.

Edited by CRookie28