Sign in to follow this  
raminator

raminator´s random custom printed Minifigs

Just got some new Torsos printed.

Let´s start with something rather classic. I never liked the new Redcoats. They have some more details but not the säxappeal of the 90´s Redcoats.

Only Downside on the Classic Figs is the white Torso and no backprinting. So I recreated the Classic Imperial Torso using Inkscape and send it to my "local" Steindrucker (german for Brick Printer).

And this is what came out. Left Sand-Blue-Coat, middle Blue-Coat and right Red-Coat. All three come with rather simple but classic looking backprinting.

ClassicImperialFront.jpg

ClassicImperialBack.jpg

Now to something designwise more modern. This time I tried to recreate one of my older decals (take a look at the castle Torso Library) that was based on Eomer´s TorsoDesign.

There´s no heraldic stuff on them to keep them as flexible in usage as possible. Those figs would look incredibly better if I had dark blueish grey arms at hand. (arms at hand...muhahahaha)

This time I tried to use a PNG instead of a vector grafic. This turne out to be a less good idea since the "semi transparency" on the lines didn´t come out as I thoughed they would.

I guess I learned something new... Otherwhise the print quality is awesome.

RandomKnightsFront.jpg

RandomKnightsBack.jpg

Last but not least I´d like to show what Ninjago would look like if the first 4 core members would be girls and live in Space.

The design is based of my Black Widdow and altered to fit Space-Themes.

They work pretty well with my Space-Troopers that I showed somewhen earlier in another thread.

Again there´s front and back printing. The back is less detailed but I´d rather look them at the boo...cough...cough...ehrm in the eyes.

NeoClassicSpaceGirlsFront.jpg

NeoClassicSpaceGirlsBack.jpg

If you like them, please leave a comment.

If not, please feel free to suggest me some optimizations.

Thanks for you time.

Edited by raminator

Sie haben ein Steindrucker? I want one! What kind of place is it that will do this?

Nice!

May I know how you print your design on the minifigs?

Edited by Lun

Nice!

May I know how u print yr design on the minifigs?

Please, as this is not a chat-like platform, but a forum for Adult fans of LEGO, take a little time to check your spelling and punctuation before posting. Thank you. :classic:

Please, as this is not a chat-like platform, but a forum for Adult fans of LEGO, take a little time to check your spelling and punctuation before posting. Thank you. :classic:

The reply has been amended. I'm sorry for ignoring the site guidelines.

Thanks to everyone.

Search the interwebs for "Steindrucker" and add maybe "lego".

But as far as I know he does no world wide shipping yet.

But then again it is worth to contact him.

Regarding the Spaceninjagirls.

I like them too. Have to create some custom leg decals for them to make them even more awesome.