Sign in to follow this  
Darkkazmo

A Mecha contest.

- At least one SNOT (Stud Not On Top) technique is required.

I'm not sure about this, but aren't almost every walker's legs SNOT?

yeah i thought about that aswell. Building a mecha without swot is almost impossible. Anywa i think i will enter this one :-D

Technically yes, but I've seen earlier models that showed SOT construction for those legs (which I'm not a big fan of)... I posted that just to be on the safe side you know. ;)

But the more use of SNOT, the better IMO, as long as you don't loose the artistic vision.

Where do we post them?

I'm confused by some of the criteria. If I send you a pic, can you tell me if its ok?

Thanks

Matt

Post the all the entries in this thread, plus you could always post them again in their individual threads to discuss them like any other MOC.

If you have any question, please go ahead and post it right here. Or if you prefer PMing me, go ahead. :)

Well you'll have mine as late as possible since I have to leave canada first :-D

Okay, here is my first entry: Since I was to annoyed by learning anymore this evening I decided to take apart some SW sets (mostly Battle Droids and Droidekas... ;)) and started to build something. It became some APU'ish mecha, somehow I'm fascinated by this type of walkers lately *satis*

The picture is just a preview, I'll take more pictures (and think about a name... :$ ) after my test tomorrow!

post-11-1110323803.jpg

Hey that looks really good, but I hope you provide some good quality pics with your upcoming link. ;)

Sure, here you'll find a better one, and as I said in the other thread, I'll wait for good (bright) weather for getting more and better pics... ;)

Here is my entry: Splinter cell bot

:-D The pictures are not great because my digital camera is rubbish. I will change them as soon as I get a new one.

The model is based on one of my faviourite xbox games, Splinter Cell. The Mecha is a spybot and it is meant to be half the height of a human being. At this height it is able to sneak around easier.

It is controlled by a Ninja because the have the besst stealth abilities. His head can transform into a workstation if the ninja needs to upload data.

This is my first ever mecha and I am very proud of it

The rest of the gallery

Sorry, no Bots this time around, only Mechas with minifigs/droids piloting it... Bots will have their contest later on someday. ;)

Darkkazmo, Your rules seem pretty simple ( thank you ! ), so I'm assuming that I could enter a Mecha(s) that are primarily Bionicle/technic in nature (I would have mini-fig pilots)? Being Bionicle/technic in nature "snot" would not really apply (I believe that has been edited out anyway)? Thanks

bfs

When will the winner be announced for this competition?

languages, unfortunately I guess we can enter until MAY 31st, almost 2 months from now. I for one would like to wait closer to the deadline to enter, I just hope I can remember that far down the road :'(

bfs

Remember people that you could enter multiple entries, and that's why I gave you enough or an extended time! ;)

Okay, my first two entrys:

Just for fun: The L.P.U. - Light Personal Unit:

Gallery after moderation:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=125540

Deeplinks: Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3

Story [based on the Matrix universe]:

Since the L.P.U.'s bigger brother, the A.P.U. isn't able to enter the small corridors of the lower levels and the caves of Zion, there was the need for a smaller mecha able patrouling there and - voil

Three great new entries. Very nice, and keep them coming.

Languages, I can't add your last entry, simply because the pics are tilted sideways! Please fix them.

;)

BTW, I just updated the color rule, now we have seven color limit instead of five.

Three great new entries. Very nice, and keep them coming.

Languages, I can't add your last entry, simply because the pics are tilted sideways! Please fix them.

;)

BTW, I just updated the color rule, now we have seven color limit instead of five.

Good deed of the day:

fixed.gif

The model was to big to fit in the picture so it had to be taken sideways.

Can you enter it now?

Thanks Viking junky.. :-D

EDIT: Ive changed the folder. All the pictures are the right way round. Hope this helps.