Hammerhand

Uruk Hai/Rohan Soldiers

Hi guys, I was just wondering what the best/cheapest way to get Rohan soldiers/Eomers and Uruk Hai is. I really missed the boat when Helm's Deep and the Uruk Hai Army set came out, since I only got one Uruk Hai army and no Helm's Deep. Arg. :cry_sad:

Anyways, I'm trying to get some more Rohan soldiers and Uruks, but the prices are so ridiculous. I'd even be happy to just get Rohan helmets, but I can't find any that I could justify spending the price that's being asked. I've checked brick link, and the Rohan soldiers there were pretty pricey. I'm really just wishing I could find some good priced Uruk-Hai Army sets, but haven't seen any. Maybe we'll get some more Rohan in a wave 3 LOTR line...

So if anybody has any places to look or sees a good deal that they'd direct me toward, I'd be super appreciative. :classic:

Unfortunately I couldn't help you here (I couldn't think of anything else) except by trading with you (if you are interested).

I have Rohan soldiers (Eomer and normal versions) for trade if you are interested, I'm primarily looking for Moria Orcs (love those guys), but if you don't have much Moria Orcs, I'm willing to trade Rohan soldiers for Moria Orcs/Mirkwood Elves/Moldor Orc/Gundabad Orc mix (in order of want).

p.s. How come you are able to create a thread here while under 100 postings?

Edited by h22chen

Where are you located? I'm still finding both of those sets at Toys r Us.

That is pretty good, it is all sold out in my area (no matter the store).

Unfortunately I couldn't help you here (I couldn't think of anything else) except by trading with you (if you are interested).

I have Rohan soldiers (Eomer and normal versions) for trade if you are interested, I'm primarily looking for Moria Orcs (love those guys), but if you don't have much Moria Orcs, I'm willing to trade Rohan soldiers for Moria Orcs/Mirkwood Elves/Moldor Orc/Gundabad Orc mix (in order of want).

p.s. How come you are able to create a thread here while under 100 postings?

Well, I only have 2 Moria Orcs, and I am rather partial to them too, but I would trade if I can't find any good deals (or even reasonable deals LOL) on Rohan soldiers. So I'll keep you in mind!

And about the creating a thread, I didn't know you couldn't create a thread if your under 100 posts. I thought it was you couldn't create a poll? I don't know.

Where are you located? I'm still finding both of those sets at Toys r Us.

U.S., WA State. I've see the sets in some stores, but they're up to like $50. Almost double the original price. And I checked the Toys R Us website, and they don't have Uruk Hai Army listed under their Lego LOTR products.

EDIT: I just checked Walmart's website, and they still have Uruk Hai Army for $30, but they aren't in stock on line, and they only have them in a store that's like a 2-3 hour drive one way from my house. Also, "ship to home" isn't available for it. Frustrating.

Edited by Hammerhand

Well you missed the boat... either pay the premium or not have them is the only logical choice... OR get lucky and trade them...

im paying premium now to finalize my Armies and I dont mind.... because i want them more than I could care...

Well you missed the boat... either pay the premium or not have them is the only logical choice... OR get lucky and trade them...

im paying premium now to finalize my Armies and I dont mind.... because i want them more than I could care...

Well, I'm still holding out hope that we'll get Rohan in a LOTR wave 3. :grin: But yeah, I missed the boat. Unfortunately, I didn't really get into the LOTR line until this past year. I could kick myself now. I might have to just take a long drive to Walmart... Or maybe someone will invent a time machine in the future and I can go back and stock up on UHA and Helm's Deeps. LOL.

I had one Uruk Hai army set in my trade list for the longest, months, no one wanted it. I sold one for 43 on eBay and got another one up for the same price. It's crazy how no one wants these until they are no longer available.

Indeed, I've been buying them as much as my budget could handle, but still, I didn't get enough that I wanted (I purchased around 10, but still want more, but it got sold out since October last year). So now it is either pay premium for the set, get the figures from Bricklink or through trade.

You might get lucky and find someone trying to unload all their LotR collection for cheap, or a few random sets they bought that they no longer want. Other than that I don't think there is any really good solution for you, unfortunately :sceptic: The sets have been out for over a year and a half and out of production for almost 6 months so the prices are just going to keep going up from here on out.