Hey, chaps

Big Technic fan here

Long story short - my first Technic set as a kid was the 8837 (along with various other Lego sets which eventually formed part of the inspiration for my career path) - eventually got lost, grew out of those years, etc.

Fast forward 17 years and I came across the same set on eBay and simply couldn't resist - sparked my interest in Technic again so I've set out to build a collection (exclusively of Technic) once again. Eventually bumped across Blakbird's technicopedia.com and it was all 'downhill' from there. Have about 8-10 Technic sets at the moment and growing - main interest lies with 'vintage' Technic - pre '95

As for newer models - recently purchased the 9396 and would be happy to review it if not done already

Looking forward to some great discussions and hopefully being able to contribute as much as possible

Greetings from South Africa

Edited by ArcspacE

Welcome ! Glad you find your passion again;)

As for newer models - recently purchased the 9396 and would be happy to review it if not done already

You can always do it - even though there have been some reviews already :). It is a great set and should be reminded to those who might have missed it - especially that it looks very well next to this years' cargo plane :)

You can always do it - even though there have been some reviews already :). It is a great set and should be reminded to those who might have missed it - especially that it looks very well next to this years' cargo plane :)

Agreed!

If you want to do a review....go ahead!

Thanks chaps,

Might take a few photos later this week and put something together

Found the set in a local store - it was the last one on the shelf along with with the F1 Racer (42000) - after long deliberation went for the helicopter and much to my delight. Took a good 7-8 hours to build (slow pace) and it is very well put together from a design point of view. Oh, and it's massive! :classic:

After long deliberation went for the helicopter and much to my delight.

After long deliberation?! If JanuFebruAIRy, so you had to choose the Helicopter :laugh:

It's the right choice. The F1 Racer will still be available for quite some time.

What is the general production 'life' these days anyway, +/- 3 years?

Edited by ArcspacE

Welcome to the forum!

I think it's generally about 2 years. There have been times in the past where sets were re-released though, and the modular buildings seem to have a 4-5 year production run (at least Fire Brigade was out that long).

For technic it is around 2 years - with some exceptions like 3 years for 8110 Unimog - probably because it was licensed set.

Hey and welcome to EB.

I am keeping my first ever LEGO and LEGO Technic, the 8815, displayed near my PC.

All of my other old LEGO are sitting in a box and all of my newer and newest LEGO are in a case with which I toy and build.

So yes, Technic heart here and love for my first set that got me hooked. (Dark Ages period : 7 years)

welcome to the forum, I believe the time you stopped playing with lego as a child to the time you started again is known as the dark years! loads of us have been there. Was Denis bosman that kicked it off again for me

b08p14.jpg