just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I just saw some more of the Goblin King Battle on clearance at a local Walmart over the weekend. In fact, there were other wave 2 sets (Warg Attack and the DGA)..

How much was Goblin King and Mirkwood elf sets?

DOS gets more than four. AUJ only got four. Barrel Escape and Mirkwood Spiders were clearly marked preview sets - these were both from DOS. Also the Smaug set is really DOS, or shared between DOS and B05A. So DOS has the most sets dedicated to it out of all the three films. Sure, the timing of the sets don't match but that is down to the film being split into three rather than two, and the timing of the production of the lego sets. Lego clearly didn't want vast numbers of the two early scenes from DOS sitting in warehouses until the film was released.

I don't mind the Smaug set being in the last wave. It is the highlight set of the series. They might find sales pick up at the end rather than in the middle, which may help to sell the middle wave sets. If Smaug was in the middle, the later sets may not have sold so well. Who knows - lego would have modelled this.

The omission is of course the armies of B05A, but lego has history here. We know the key armies of LOTR ROTK are missing, same here. The Rohan soldier now stands out as an anomoly - even though for AFOLs he is probably in the best army building set. Lego presumably knows that they should concentrate on key characters and not do battle scenes for most of the population. To do a battle well you need, what, at least 20-40 minifigs on each side. That puts battle scenes out of reach of the main audience. They'd prefer to have an identifiable main guy rather than an unidentifiable one.

Yeah very true. To be honest just Armoured Azog, Bolg, Sauron (fiery), Armoured Thranduil, Legolas (casual gear) is all i feel there is a lack of. I actually if they did more sets would prefer to see more scenes rather than generics. Like the Ravenhill Azog and Thorin Fight, Trolls in dale with an armoured thranduil and Saruman Vs Sauron in Dol Guldur. In those three sets alone we could get those figures mentioned above. Even if it was after the Movie release like in January or something. Just a couple of sets to fill gaps like that would be cool. With hindsight i wish they had simply reprinted legolas to be casual version like with tauriel then that inclusion would've been a far more desirable one. Plus if they had expanded the BO5A set a bit and added a troll, added Bolg and maybe armoured thranduil then the set would be far more worth £59.99 than it is currently. I still like it cause of Dain, Thorin, Bard and the tower looks really cool even the weird ballista is kinda cool too.

To be honest they have done a great job design and character wise with this line especially with the AUJ sets and minifigure wise throughout. Just a bit of an expansion on the dale set would have done the trick or maybe take Thorin and Azog out of that set and put them in a Ravenhill set and add bolg and kili and fili in chainmail. If they were just expanding the dale set then simply add a troll, Bolg and Thranduil and then have legolas be in his casual garb then he wouldn't be such a repeat. That would've boosted this wave tremendously. All using just a couple of main characters reprinted, a new figure and a big fig.

Edited by legofreak86

The Hobbit is kind of difficult to tell at this point, but right now the only thing I feel we are missing is Bolg and and an Iron Hill dwarf, maybe Sauron depending on how important he is. Alfrid would be nice, but I wasn't really expecting him.

For LotR we still need Faramir, Eowin, the Witch-King, an Easterling, one of the Haradrim, a Gondor soldier and Denathor. All of which could have been done in the final wave we don't have.

The Hobbit is kind of difficult to tell at this point, but right now the only thing I feel we are missing is Bolg and and an Iron Hill dwarf, maybe Sauron depending on how important he is. Alfrid would be nice, but I wasn't really expecting him.

For LotR we still need Faramir, Eowin, the Witch-King, an Easterling, one of the Haradrim, a Gondor soldier and Denathor. All of which could have been done in the final wave we don't have.

I would have to agree that Bolg and Iron Hill dwarves are the only ones that feel missing. It would have been nice to get some sort of Iron Hill Dwarves army builder set.

I would have to agree that Bolg and Iron Hill dwarves are the only ones that feel missing. It would have been nice to get some sort of Iron Hill Dwarves army builder set.

An armored elf. Seriously, we saw elf soldiers in action in both DOS and now in BOT5A (never with hood), but no elf soldier with helmet.

An armored elf. Seriously, we saw elf soldiers in action in both DOS and now in BOT5A (never with hood), but no elf soldier with helmet.

Yes, it would be nice to have armored elves, but we also have had way to many elves it feels like at this point. Haldir, Legolas(multiple versions), Thranduil, Elrond(multiple versions), Tauriel, Galadriel, Mirkwood elves(multiples in the mirkwood army set). I would have to say that we need some army building dwarves before we should have seen any more elves.

Damn, that song got taken down before I could listen too it. Oh well, the movie is out soon anyway...

Its truly a shame that LEGO can't do a CMF series for The Hobbit. I was thinking about it, and it would solve all of our issues in regards to the lack of important characters (Bolg, armoured Thraduil, the 13 Dwarves armoured, as well as basic soldiers and other secondary characters like Tilda and Sigrid and Alfrid). Anyway, I digress...

Heres just a little story about how amazing the LEGO customer service is. I bought all four of the new sets, and a few days after building all of them, my Gwahir broke in an unfortunate accident. The clip that attaches one of the wings broke off. I called the LEGO customer service hotline, and without any trouble they've shipped a WHOLE NEW EAGLE! It makes sense, seeing as those figs and made in China and prepackaged altogether, but its still just so nice to know that LEGO is willing to replace any part, without a problem or need of payment.

Could someone please tell me what the witch king looks like and if he looks the same as he did in the lord of the rings films. I am blind and as I have heard people call this one the twilight version I am a little confused. Is this witch-king a lovesick teenage vampire?

Could someone please tell me what the witch king looks like and if he looks the same as he did in the lord of the rings films. I am blind and as I have heard people call this one the twilight version I am a little confused. Is this witch-king a lovesick teenage vampire?

Watch the trailer and find out...

Damn, that song got taken down before I could listen too it. Oh well, the movie is out soon anyway...

Its truly a shame that LEGO can't do a CMF series for The Hobbit. I was thinking about it, and it would solve all of our issues in regards to the lack of important characters (Bolg, armoured Thraduil, the 13 Dwarves armoured, as well as basic soldiers and other secondary characters like Tilda and Sigrid and Alfrid). Anyway, I digress...

I know right? even fans who dont care about Lego think when visiting a Toy store:

Oh hey that's from the Hobbit, what only 2,50? that's not much i'll pick one or two up to sit on my desk!

Really it would sell like hot cakes!

Watch the trailer and find out...

He's blind.

The Witch King looks like he did at Weathertop in the Fellowship of the Ring. He looks like a ghostly spirit wearing a white robe and silver crown.

Edited by Sir Gareth

The Witch-King minifig is a ghostly white minifig with a cape and glow in the dark head. He has a dark gray crown with four tall points that sits on his head. This is mostly how he appeared in the Fellowship of the Ring while Frodo was wearing the One Ring.

Got the two smallest sets for my birthday last week. I really like the set with Elrond and Galadriel. Heck even my parents like Galadriel. Still haven't hooked either up with their respective older sets.

Thanks for describing the witch-king!

And kevkipo, its OK. You just didn't read a part of the reply, it doesn't really matter.

I like the Galadriel minifigure, but I was playing LEGO The Lord of the Rings a couple of days ago and I remembered how much I loved that design for her. I wish they had used it.

Thanks for describing the witch-king!

And kevkipo, its OK. You just didn't read a part of the reply, it doesn't really matter.

Again very sorry, Normally i have lots of respect for Blind and Deaf people :sadnew:

Kinda off topic but have you guys heard Dain's song when he charges into battle??

It's EPIC! and i've seen Dain he looks very accurate to his Lego version, just wish we would've gotten his hair too he kinda has Thorin's hair

Kinda off topic but have you guys heard Dain's song when he charges into battle??

It's EPIC! and i've seen Dain he looks very accurate to his Lego version, just wish we would've gotten his hair too he kinda has Thorin's hair

How? How've you seen what he looks like, and heard his theme?

Itunes, picture, Google.

Could you perhaps post a link? I can't find anything for some reason.

How? How've you seen what he looks like, and heard his theme?

The whole soundtrack has been released on Youtube (preview OST which includes 1 min 30 of each song. Dain's is like a highland Scottish tune with bagpipes. Given the fact that he has a brown/reddish beard, it will suit the character perfectly.)

Edited by Cammo