just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Thanks for sharing those pictures, Cammo! Galadriel looks absolutely fantastic! If I'm not mistaken, her cape is actually white on the inside and sparkles silvery on the outside.

Nice pics... thanks.

But when Lego make printing on legs and body, they should use ruler... :wink:

Wow, thanks so much for the great pictures, Carlos!!!

I'm so glad to see that the Witchking in the set is better looking than the Witchking shown on the box two weeks ago. The one on the box had dark gray hands and boots. The light gray legs and white hands shown here work much better, the cape is amazing, I really like the pearl silver crown, and that face is great!

Where do these come from? Galadriel look beautiful.

They were from Carlos' photobucket and came out earlier this week. Guess a lot of people didn't see 'em. :grin:

They were from Carlos' photobucket and came out earlier this week. Guess a lot of people didn't see 'em. :grin:

Thanks, but I've studied those images and those arnt his, or at least not on my desktop. His were the instructions ones those are the physical minifigures. Infront of the Council of Elrond set.

Thanks, but I've studied those images and those arnt his, or at least not on my desktop. His were the instructions ones those are the physical minifigures. Infront of the Council of Elrond set.

Yes they are, they were just not in his bucket dedicated to the BOTFA-set, but in his main Flickr gallery..

Sigrid, tilda and normal sauron are already in my gallery. Noone wants a glowing sauron.

Oops, didn't see them. :blush:

My list of Saurons I want in order is: Secound age Sauron, Glowing Sauron, The Stupid Sauron We Actually Got.

Since we're not getting anything else from LotR, that leaves only Glowing Sauron, although I doubt we'll get him either.

Oops, didn't see them. :blush:

My list of Saurons I want in order is: Secound age Sauron, Glowing Sauron, The Stupid Sauron We Actually Got.

I feel the same way. While "glowing" Sauron may not be ideal, he is at least better than the Necromancer version and somewhat resembles Second Age Sauron. I would rather get glowing Sauron over nothing, or get him over the Necromancer.

I feel the same way. While "glowing" Sauron may not be ideal, he is at least better than the Necromancer version and somewhat resembles Second Age Sauron. I would rather get glowing Sauron over nothing, or get him over the Necromancer.

Speaking of Second Age, I would like to see some more prologue minifigures in general, such as young Thorin, Thror, Thrain and Elendil and Isildur.

Any news about that Canada Giveaway? Oh, and I hope we will see official set pictures soon... :sceptic:

Nope. But the item will be given away on Sunday, so we should hear something quite soon :sweet: About the set pictures: remember the embargo, we won't see official pictures until October 15th :grin:

Speaking of Second Age, I would like to see some more prologue minifigures in general, such as young Thorin, Thror, Thrain and Elendil and Isildur.

Actually, Thorin, Thror and Thrain were born in the Third Age :wink:

In the Chima 2015 wave there are 4 "tribe" packs at battle pack price points, which is great news of you just want the figs. It would be great to have these for hobbit/LoTR too as so many people want to build big armies. I wonder why not yet....

In the Chima 2015 wave there are 4 "tribe" packs at battle pack price points, which is great news of you just want the figs. It would be great to have these for hobbit/LoTR too as so many people want to build big armies. I wonder why not yet....

I'll save you the trouble of reading through 150 pages to find the 29 times it's been discussed - basically it's a contract issue where they can't compete with in the action figure market or something like that. We all agree though that it would be awesome.

I'll save you the trouble of reading through 150 pages to find the 29 times it's been discussed - basically it's a contract issue where they can't compete with in the action figure market or something like that. We all agree though that it would be awesome.

Well actually it has to do with the fact that there must be a build included with the set, Like the polybags

i think a little catapult couldn't do much harm right?

Edited by kevkipo

Sounds like the star wars deal, and they still have BPs for that line, no? I really can't recall ever seeing a Hobbit action figure to complete with!

I have seen Hobbit action figures for the first film. They did all end up in the clearance bin though. Still the contract was negotiated when they planned on having action figures and they had not used CMF for a license.

Well actually it has to do with the fact that there must be a build included with the set, Like the polybags

Right and that's what separates it from the action figures no? That's how I understood it. And I agree, they could include a small build (like the Uruk polybag) and fix that problem.

I have seen Hobbit action figures for the first film. They did all end up in the clearance bin though. Still the contract was negotiated when they planned on having action figures and they had not used CMF for a license.

Except for the Simpsons.

Except the Simpsons :sceptic:

EDIT: Oops, Doc Ock typed that already :grin:

Edited by kevkipo

The Simpsons line came out AFTER Lord of the Rings. If you noticed, I said "still the contract was negotiated WHEN..."