Sign in to follow this  
Karimix

[retro-MOC] 60's Drag Race

The boys are having a race day in Legoland. First some gas at the station (648-1) in the early morning. One front engine dragster is towed by a hotrod while another one is hauled with a car and trailer (650-1).

WP_20140117_005.jpg

Race is on! (Blue car 656-1, Land-Rover 699-1, Ambulance 600-1, Taxi 605-2, Red car 345-1, Red wagon 660-1)

WP_20140117_006.jpg

Heading back home with a new hauler (490-1). In front of garage (6363-1) there's already the pickup truck and the race car (619-1) waiting for the next challenge!

WP_20140117_008-1.jpg

To be continued... :sweet:

Reference: http://www.the-end-of-the.net/legoland

Edited by Karimix

Yesss, those were the Lego cars of my very early childhood. Too bad they didn't sell slingshots back then! :classic:

Thanks for the comments! This was sort of "mock-up" before adding this into my retro Lego-town. Dig the slingshots as well. The race car and the small plane which came with the trailer set in early seventies looked lame. Now there's some action! :) I also like the "stories" behind the displays, like an old retired crane truck was modified to be a dragster hauler...

Wow, those minifigs bring me back! My first set was a police boat that came with two of those armless, faceless souls...

Ah the good old days!! The police car from this era was the first set I remember getting!!

Nice work on setting up a great scene!