'lift' is created by making air flow faster over the top surface of an object compared to the flow of the air underneath it ... this creates lower pressure on the top surface and so 'lift'

That seems to be the popular misconception. Here is a better explanation: http://www.allstar.f.../airflylvl3.htm

Seasider's explanation was correct, not a misconception. You may have noticed he mentioned that he has an Aeronautics degree. Seasider has summarized Bernoulli's Principle which, when applied to an asymmetric airfoil, explains how you can generate lift even with zero angle of attack. However, it is also true that any flat plate can also create lift simply by inclining it to the airstream. For example, you can stick your hand out a car window and experience lift by rotating the angle. In practice, real aircraft use both effects. Having a positive angle of attack generates a lot of drag, so it is not a very efficient way to create lift, especially when moving at high velocities. Modern jet aircraft have complex airfoils that generate significant lift with minimal angle of attack. The quoted article is interesting and does a good job of expounding on the more esoteric details of fluid mechanics as it relates to flow over a wing, but there is nothing wrong with Bernoulli's Principle and it fact it is used to daily to solve all sorts of fluid problems.

Over one month later its time for a massive update.... :blush:

I added the controller for the flashing lights....

IMAG0043_zps7e55c0ca.jpg

I'm enjoying the progress of this project! I fuel these planes at my local airport and I look forward to seeing them in technic form! Good luck with the remainder!

I'm enjoying the progress of this project! I fuel these planes at my local airport and I look forward to seeing them in technic form! Good luck with the remainder!

Thank you,I fly in them between Glasgow and Stornoway. :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thank you,I fly in them between Glasgow and Stornoway. :laugh:

That's great! So you're replicating yours! Our planes travel along the west coast of BC. I enjoy the Saab's quite a bit. Ours are deep blue bottomed and white topped ( a little harder to achieve with Technic) :)

Edited by Zoenarr

Not quite because of the colors available,red and white should be very simple and easy to do.

G-LGNL_BHX_2009.04.20.jpg

It is a shame there is not light blue in a high assortment of parts available. :cry_sad:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Looking good so far. Watching with interest :)

Thank you. :classic:

I am disappointed that it's taking me so long to build it. :cry_sad:

I should now pick up speed,as it should be plain sailing all the way to the end. :look:

You mean after you tempted fate back here? Haha.

Are you planning to leave the fuselage open or build it in?

All closed in,I am busy with collage which is really sucking up the energy to build.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Good luck with the rest of it (and for the studies as well).

Thanks,I am nearly finished the collage course,so hopefully I will be able to speed up building.

A desk and chair for building really helps by the way I did not have that when I first started this plane.

I have decided to stop building this plane and move on to what I think are better projects.

Plus my dad wanted to see the 42025 build (I was going to use that for parts).

Edited by Alasdair Ryan