Sign in to follow this  
matty33

Model design

hey everyone

Im new to using computers when it comes to lego so just wondering what websites/programs you use to design models that are fairly easy to use?

The most easy program to use is Lego Digital Designer (LDD, to be found on this website). It's really intuitive to use.

To construct complex models (especially in Technic), it's not so great however. Programs like SR3D builder do a much better job when it comes to Technic.

Another frequently used program that has much more parts than LDD is LDraw.

The disadvantage of these two programs is that they're farely hard to use.

But with all your questions about digital building, you shall find answers and people that are qualified and willing to answer over at the "LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools" subforum here on Eurobricks.

Take a look at the system requirements and make sure to check if you have the correct versions of DirectX and .NET. Otherwise, install them using the links. :classic:

You can also just install them anyway, since it won't matter if you already had them :wink:

downloaded what was needed in the system requirements and still getting the same issue ... think I need a new laptop lol

The most easy program to use is Lego Digital Designer (LDD, to be found on this website). It's really intuitive to use.

:distressed:

cant get SR3D Builder to open up when I try and open the programme

Were you able to install it already and it's not opening when you're trying to run the programme, or does it not open when trying to install? What version of Windows are you running? Laptop specs?

its not opening when I'm trying to open the programme ... I'm running windows 7 2GB ram and 250GB hard drive

I've also downloaded LDD and that doesn't want to work either just keep flashing and showing something else then flashing etc

Sorry to hear that you can't get either program to work. However, I'm sensing that this is slowly turning into somewhat of a personal IT support topic. Matty, please read the help files for each software, and also do some searching here on the forum and on the internet. Similar topics have been discussed many times before. And yes, it may well be that you computer is too low spec...that's why you need to post detailed specs of it here (like asked by Palathadric) so people can help you: just Windows 7 and hard drive size is not enough.

Please also when you type, use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and proper punctuation. This is a forum for adults, so we do require that minimum level to keep the standard up. Thanks for your understanding. :classic: