Brickmasta

This is how you showcase a Super Star Destroyer

Hi

well at least no one can see the understide :D

I would suggest to hang this upside down. Then, do a painting of the DS IIs surface under it. So you will recreate the famouse SSD DSII crash scene ;)

Dino

We did it this way because the heaviest part is at like the last third of the SSD... so we hang it with the heavy part to the bottom.

And it was easier to get it hanging this way, the rear is like nearly closed and built so thick with several bricks and no room to get the rope in there...

But we are planing on some LED backlight action... :tongue:

Edited by Brickmasta

Very well done! Now, if you have the SD Globe from the planet sets, you can place above the SSD to recreate the crash, although you might have the scale slightly off! :tongue:

Hi

well at least no one can see the understide :D

I would suggest to hang this upside down. Then, do a painting of the DS IIs surface under it. So you will recreate the famouse SSD DSII crash scene ;)

Dino

This is exactly what I had planned to do, although I thought of having a shelf below it with the Death Stars surface made out of Lego.

Is this one wall mounted or some how just hanging from the nose?

It is hanging from the nose with one of those black pillars, who usually support him when standing, left, to push him back from the wall. I saw no way to get the small steel cable through all the stuff at the rear side in a proper and safe way... so we fixed it at through the technic skeleton in the front :classic:

This is exactly what I had planned to do, although I thought of having a shelf below it with the Death Stars surface made out of Lego.

Is this one wall mounted or some how just hanging from the nose?

Would the Death Star surface be to scale? :look: