Sign in to follow this  
imvanya

[LDD MOC] Race car

I'm back with another MOC, but it's quite different from most of the previous ones. The main difference is that I finally figured out how to render my LDD MOCs in POV-Ray, so now it's a render rather than a screenshot.

When it comes to the build itself it also stands out. Being 8 studs wide, this car has very peculiar proportions as It's two times wider but still lower than most of City cars I usually build. Other than that it's quite standard, there were quite a few similar official sets like Speed Racer ones. And once again the MOC started as just a test of one of my ideas. I decided to use the snowboard as a front splitter, which turned out pretty well. So here's the render of the result:

11137533523_87e3f034a8_o.png

Of course, the snowboard doesn't exist in black. However, looking at the prototypes - real race cars like NASCAR ones, it would be quite possible to build this model IRL using an existing version of the snowboard and still be able to create a good-looking and still believable colour scheme as real race cars are often very colourful :classic:

Anyway, comments are welcome, here's a link to the .lxf file if you happen to need it

Edited by imvanya

I agree.....a great sleek look and an original SNOT windscreen mounting position.....excellent idea 'imvanya'.......Brick On LDD On Race On ! :grin:

Thanks a lot for kind comments, I am myself pretty happy with how smooth some of the curves turned out. And I am even more happy that I finally figured out rendering :classic: