Sign in to follow this  
billybob

railway express

on lego shop I found the railway epress, after being a lego train nut for many years I knew it was retierd. I was confussed when I first saw it and I don't know what to think now.It could possibly be coming back! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This was probably by far, one of the worst Lego trains made. The item shows as "Call To Check Product Availability" in the US. Not sure why one would want it, esp. at $130 USD - other than parts (not sure Euro$)

I think the new high-speed train (4511) is a much more realistic model and a better value (just don't get the vehicles). The Harry Potter train is also better and comes with a great station building and is $10 less.

I really wish Lego would bring back some of the 9V cargo trains or 12V passenger upgraded to 9V rather than this.

I bought my nephew one at almost half the price and agree. It's bad.

Jipay: have you heard any rumors about 2005 trains or rolling stock for the BNSF? I read a few messages re. a container car but have not seen anything other than MOCs.

I've not heard anything about this... Anyway small hint : at a french conference jake was asked if lego noticed the popularity of the train line. He answered lego realized they totaly screwed on this and that they are now making efforts for this line. After hearing that i would be surprised if we see nothing coming this year :|

That's disappointing but really surprising based on the # of train clubs and shows that they have.

I was expecting to see rolling stock to go with the BNSF (just like Lego did with the SC).

I like numerous themes but the trains are among my favorite taking me back to buying a train as a child while in Germany long before available in the US. Took it back because of the voltage difference, and only many years later were trains available in the US (battery only). Now I love to see the new models and would love to see re-releases of the olders sets. Like most except for the Railray Express.

Thanks for the hint, but at least gives us hope for 2006.

Well it's still gives hope for 2005 aswell, the year is not finished and lego can keep things secret sometimes

Worst lego train even. My cousin got it and it sucks so much !

It is THE worst train ever, I can't even figure out how to mod it because the pieces, except the windows, are pountless.

Target.com had it onsale for $50, so I had to buy it. $63 dollars total for a working train is a great price.

And they won't release a new train line, they did a new one last year and it's too soon.