mpoh98

[Moc] Seawall Cascade

1382839582m_SPLASH.jpg

About this creation

Brick Battle Games Round 1: War is Upon Us!

Required link to homepage, and to topic thread.

Hello All,

Well, here is my entry. Unfortunately, I kinda had to rush it, so it isn't exactly what I wanted to make, but it works. ;) This was also going to be my entry into the The Mini Castle Contest VII, but I found out that you can't use BrickArms in that contest. :( I will still use this foundation, but have changed the figs for that contest. (maybe the castle). That entry will be posted soon!

Enjoy!

1382835705m_SPLASH.jpg

1382835728m_SPLASH.jpg

1382835751m_SPLASH.jpg

1382835786m_SPLASH.jpg

My microscale Ballista. I am quite fond of this. ;)

1382835808m_SPLASH.jpg

Here is the bottom, so that you can kinda see how I designed it. It is surprisingly sturdy, as I found out when it was accidentally dropped. :D

1382839614m_SPLASH.jpg

One last overview picture.

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew

Really nice detailing and layering of the terrain. Is the only brickarms you were using in the Ballista, those little two-way clips?

What's making the white highlights on the water? Is it just the lighting?

Really nice detailing and layering of the terrain. Is the only brickarms you were using in the Ballista, those little two-way clips?

What's making the white highlights on the water? Is it just the lighting?

Thank you! Yes, the Brickarms was the U-Clips, and also the swords held by the microfig soldiers.

The white highlights were part lighting, and part technique. The technique is called loose stud, where you just pour them in.

What a nice creation! You combine excellent texturing (The water needs no mention, but have you noticed the nice texture on the ground with those leaf pieces?), exquisite micro building (forget about the Brickarms: it's just a nice ballista) and a delightful composition. This MOC looks bigger than it is.

When you're saying that not everything is as you want it to be, what are you thinking of. Is it the bit monotonous air of the rockwork, or something else?

What a nice creation! You combine excellent texturing (The water needs no mention, but have you noticed the nice texture on the ground with those leaf pieces?), exquisite micro building (forget about the Brickarms: it's just a nice ballista) and a delightful composition. This MOC looks bigger than it is.

When you're saying that not everything is as you want it to be, what are you thinking of. Is it the bit monotonous air of the rockwork, or something else?

Thanks for commenting! Yes, part if what I would change is the rockwork, I would make it snotted, and better. The castle also I think could be improved, with more time. I also would have liked to make more siege weapons. So yeah, if I had more time, I would have improved this.

Great! Love the detail and nice border! Great work on the ballista and mini-mini-figs! :classic::thumbup:

Great! Love the detail and nice border! Great work on the ballista and mini-mini-figs! :classic::thumbup:

Thank you Infernum!

Very cute. I like this.

Thanks ZCereberus! :D