Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

So when is the release date for episode 38?

Next Saturday, in English. It;s out as a cam job in Korean, though, as mentioned before...

Next Saturday, in English. It;s out as a cam job in Korean, though, as mentioned before...

Can you ask him to place the camera in a stationary position, turn up the TV volume and make sure no one says anything during the episode? :wink:

Can you ask him to place the camera in a stationary position, turn up the TV volume and make sure no one says anything during the episode? :wink:

Haha! Well, it was better than those cam jobs of the Rebooted episodes, with the recorder having a commentary throughout the episode ;)

So anyway, I was just mindlessly wandering Youtube while debating some guy about the XCOM reboot and found an interesting video. In the Korean episodes,

One of the elemental masters depicted has the CMF Pajama guy (the one who was originally used for Kai's hair until Rebooted) hair in black, some red and some flame motifs. Is this Kai's father? It would make a bit of sense, given the style of him and some details the Farshiverse and the Hageverse seem to share. But whatever happened during the Serpentine War, he would have gone straight by the end assuming he went evil at all.

Meeting with a Korean friend on Wednesday, and I'll ask him to translate some of the episode parts... I don't think I would ask him to translate everything, as it is a total of about an hour's worth of video, but I definitely will ask him to translate the flashback segments of episode 40... Any other requests?

Edited by legozebra

Any other requests?

L'ail et miel Pain and Beluga Caviar iranien "Almas". Skylor and Chen's discussions before they both

laugh maniacally together

L'ail et miel Pain and Beluga Caviar iranien "Almas". Skylor and Chen's discussions before they both

laugh maniacally together

Good idea, I'll ask that too.

Good idea, I'll ask that too.

Absolutely necessary!

Chen and Skylor in cahoots together? Goodbye Kai..

Edited by LK901

Absolutely necessary! Chen and Skylor in cahoots together? Goodbye Kai..

Spoiler tags, people.

Spoiler tags, people.

Sorry about that. :blush: Will try to use them more in the future :wink:

I plan to include a direct "script" style translation, with timespots...

Been looking over the new episodes, and I will also ask for the Kai vs. Skylor scene at the end of ep. 20 to be translated. Can probably fit in one more scene....

With the announcements of ghost villain, I really wonder how the series will be handled. Will the TV series just flow into the ghost story, or will we really have a multi-season year like Chima did?

With the announcements of ghost villain, I really wonder how the series will be handled. Will the TV series just flow into the ghost story, or will we really have a multi-season year like Chima did?

Good point... But it seems to me like a new season... Unless ghosts are accidentally awoken by Chen/Clouse when a spell goes wrong....

Either way, I want recurring elemental masters!

Good point... But it seems to me like a new season... Unless ghosts are accidentally awoken by Chen/Clouse when a spell goes wrong....

Either way, I want recurring elemental masters!

Could be. Clouse gets transformed into a ghost himself?

I actually suspect it will be a second season even if Chen or Clouse is responsible for the ghosts... Scorm was responsible for awakening the ice tribes, but there still was a new season and not a continuation.

How about

Pythor

betrays the ninja at the very end and tries to use Clouse's spell book to bring back the entire Anacondrai army, who then turn on him for what he did to them before pillaging and rampaging Ninjago? :laugh:

But really though, I have no clue of as to how this stuff is going to tie into the plot.

Ok, here's a ist of the timestamps I am going to ask my translator for tomorrow. I hope I can get through them all, but bolded ones are top priority.

Episode 39 - Spy for a Spy

19:50 to end - Chen and Skylor laugh maniacally

3:46 to 6:03 - Some discussion about the Staff of Elements, Nya sneaks in and talks to Jay and Skylor reads a fortune cookie and gasps, telling Kai what it says

Episode 40 - Spellbound

5:59 to 7:50 - Young Garmadon vs Young Clouse, discussion between Chen and Garmadon over a map

9:01 to 9:20 - Gray shadow guy gets attacked by cultists for no apparent reason

9:35 to 10:43 - Kai and Skylor have a converstation, Invizable is captured and Chen and Clouse have a conversation

10:51 to 14:19 - Garmadon talks about the Serpentine War

17:22 to end - Kai vs Skylor, Garmadon, Nya, and Lloyd acquire Chen's spell book and Kai is captured

Edited by legozebra

Sorry, I'm pretty late on this, but how about the scene where

Nya spies on Chen's delivery men at the Noodle House?

I'd like to see if the noodles have anything to do with the whole "bring back the Anacondrai/"turn everyone into ghosts Anacondrai" doomsday plan.

EDIT: Zane's character video: https://www.youtube....h?v=G2a7yZERv0Q

PRISON FIGHT! And the return of Zane's "Hello! Ma Baby" dance :sweet:

I'm hoping Zane goes back to his roots with his skin/hair next wave. Something just looks... wrong.

Edited by JayWalker

Sorry, I'm pretty late on this, but how about the scene where

Nya spies on Chen's delivery men at the Noodle House?

I'd like to see if the noodles have anything to do with the whole "bring back the Anacondrai/"turn everyone into ghosts Anacondrai" doomsday plan.

EDIT: Zane's character video: https://www.youtube....h?v=G2a7yZERv0Q

PRISON FIGHT! And the return of Zane's "Hello! Ma Baby" dance :sweet:

I'm hoping Zane goes back to his roots with his skin/hair next wave. Something just looks... wrong.

Sure, I'll see if I have time, if not, I'm seeing him again Thursday so I can do the rest then.

I showed the clips to my Korean friend, who isn't as proficient as I had thought. He is sending the clips to his friend in Korea though, who is far more proficient. The entire episodes will be translated as well. I did get some parts, though

Scene 1: Chen and Skylor

"CHEN: Have you found the girl?

SKYLOR (CULTIST DISGUISE): We have a bigger problem.

SKYLOR: [something] was found.

CHEN: [somebody’s] power is [overcoming (?)] We will take over [Ninjago (?)]

Maniacal laughter

Scene 2: Garmadon's Tale

General gist of how Garmadon was always favored over Clouse by Chen, etc

Nothing really new about Serpentine War, just that the Ronin guys are "villager-warriors" (probably a better translation, I'll get back to you tomorrow)

As I said, it's very incoherent... Hopefully the new interpreter, who should send it over by tomorrow, will be more accurate.

Hmm.

"The girl" is almost certainly referring to Nya. The "bigger problem", however... Garmadon or Lloyd? Dark matter? (jk)

We still have some unanswered questions that need to be tied up.

- Serpentine Tomb's opening

- General Arcturus (although I've seen one or two people on other sites speculate that he may have been in the Serpentine flashbacks)

- Pythor's favor

- Zane's heart

- Stone armor failing

- Staff of Element's origin

- Fate of the Overlord

- Genealogies of the ninja (eg, who was the Master from Cole/Jay's family?)

- The Golden Armor

Edited by JayWalker

Hmm.

"The girl" is almost certainly referring to Nya. The "bigger problem", however... Garmadon or Lloyd? Dark matter? (jk)

My translator said it might be:

CHEN: [somebody’s] power is [overcoming (?)] (or very powerful) We will take over [Ninjago] with it.

As I said, by tomorrow or the day after, I should have the entire episodes translated by someone far more proficient (I hope)

Hopefully this works out and we can discover the mystery behind everything!

Also, this new translator is an AFOL, so he may actually understand what is going on. My translator today is a NLF and he has no clue what was going on ;)

Hmm.

And my "Something" it meant my interpreter didn't know what the word was... So not "Something in the literal sense.

Could it be the

Ninja DB X? Because that certainly is powerful and a good too against the ninja, as it presumably contains some ninja plans... And we see Chen use it in later episodes.

We still have some unanswered questions that need to be tied up.

What really bugs me is the fact that this entire season is based on the premise that the ninja were BORN with powers or had powers in their blood. armadon's reason for not telling them about other masters was that he wanted them to believe they were special... But don't they only have powers because Lloyd gave up his golden power to give them their personal powers? All this is very confusing and a HUGE plot hole for me.

Also, the Serpentine being good in Rebooted was totally unnecessary IMO. They had to come up with a huge reason of why they unleashed the Devourer, and how they were all trying to help, but if they really were good guys, Scales and the rest wouldn't have to "do something evil" to win back the loyalty of the other Serpentine two seasons ago...

Edited by legozebra

What really bugs me is the fact that this entire season is based on the premise that the ninja were BORN with powers or had powers in their blood. armadon's reason for not telling them about other masters was that he wanted them to believe they were special... But don't they only have powers because Lloyd gave up his golden power to give them their personal powers? All this is very confusing and a HUGE plot hole for me.

Does "You have the fire inside." ring a bell?

Sensei Wu said that to Kai even before he learned Spinjitzu, not to mention that, even after their elemental powers were gone, the Ninja were seen using elemental Spinjitzu. Technically they always have elemental properties due to genealogy, but the actual ability to manipulate the elements is something that can, and has been given and taken away from the Ninja multiple times.

I didn't hear anything about someone getting really powerful but I did hear that Zane has been found, and I think Chen was telling Skylor that she did great taking the master of shape's(?) powers and that the Ninja will dissapear FOREVAHHHHH

Edited by TheRedGuy