just2good

News LEGO Juniors 2014 News & Discussion

I found these sets in a local store (which is crazy as NZ always gets things last) but I didn't get to buy any! My daughter, now 5 1/2, said they were for babies! While she was tempted to get Batman, she thought it would be 'too easy' and ended up with a Friends set which was quite a bit more of a challenge. I need to figure out how to get these without it upsetting her now... Any reviews up?

Juniors got a separate press release for the NYTF...

With 13 LEGO JUNIORS products debuting in 2014 there is a variety of themes and sets to inspire every child.

Classic themes such as Construction ($14.99), Fire Emergency ($19.99), Police-The Big Escape, Race Car Rally and Pony Farm ($29.99 each), are joined by popular licenses includingSpider-Man™: Spider-Car Pursuit ($12.99), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Turtles™ Lair($19.99) and Batman™: Defend the Batcave ($29.99).

Knights' Castle ($49.99) and The Princess Play Castle ($14.99) allow children to explore new kingdoms and far-off lands.

Vehicle Suitcase and House Suitcase ($24.99 each) are ideal travel companions for grab-and-go building fun.

Sweet, so the TMNT set is $20. Not bad at all!

I am so glad the princess set is $15! I am now tempted even more to get it! :grin:

YES.

I had my eye on that set already. (And the pony farm). This makes it a must grab

Thank you for sharing! These seem like well-priced offerings and after seeing these pics, I'm definitely interested in getting at least one. Great to know there's not a long wait before these arrive. Look forward to hearing more in the coming weeks.

I picked up the Police Escape Juniors set from Toys"R"Us BOGO today! :sweet:

12712019454_dd096c5e44.jpg

12711573615_1e3f772691.jpg

12712030454_fa8376d8f4.jpg

12712036274_9f381eab37.jpg

Overall, this set is really fun! There's lots of nice exclusive printed pieces in this set, and even some useable exclusive recolors. The minifigures themselves aren't really impressive, though.

Thanks for sharing your review. The station isn't for me, but I can see why younger builders would have fun with the set. That pop-out window is one of the more neat features.

Look forward to your videos on the other two Junior sets you picked up.

Thanks for sharing your review. The station isn't for me, but I can see why younger builders would have fun with the set. That pop-out window is one of the more neat features.

Look forward to your videos on the other two Junior sets you picked up.

Thanks! Here's the next one up...

The set itself is a two-in-one build. Here's the first build:

12744342055_3184537552.jpg

12744336295_2808572489.jpg

And the second:

12744331005_93c90d8f76.jpg

12744482973_0441017901.jpg

I think the first is much more fun than the second. There's lots of great pieces in here, and it does have a good PPP ratio ($15 for 150 pieces). Some nice pieces in here include pearl gold nose cones and tiles, that exclusive magenta/lavender slide, and the pink castle pieces! I really like this set for the pieces alone, but the build itself is pretty fun!

I apologize for the lighting inconsistency, but bear with me. I'm switching out some lighting for new ones.

Edited by just2good

Nice. The value of this set seems easy to justify, given all that's included. The ladders are a bit odd, but I can't call it a lazy substitute seeing as it's designed to be an accessible, non-complex build. You're right in saying that the colour should've been more appropriate, though.

Why does Leo not have the printed legs in the TMNT Juniors set? I guess that creates a 'variant,' but not a particularly desirable one. Shame.

In case anyone's interested, Amazon UK has two renders of the upcoming Turtles Lair. Not a major development, but still.

71zF4EF7B5L._SL1032_.jpg

71v%2BuQAMd4L._SL1500_.jpg

I believe images for the Fire Emergency set were shared earlier in the thread, but here they are just in case:

51xXWKN7G8L.jpg

71Ty0KjxXDL._SL1290_.jpg

I have a 3,5 year old nephew and I was wondering if it was time for him to swich from Duplo to Lego System.

Are those Junior sets fitted for young builders like him?

I have a 3,5 year old nephew and I was wondering if it was time for him to swich from Duplo to Lego System.

Are those Junior sets fitted for young builders like him?

They are supposed to be. Anyway, blurry pic of the Castle Set: 10676-1.jpg

Here's a clear one:

81PG8Dc-lXL._SL1485_.jpg

The rebuild options don't look particularly enticing, and I'm still unsure about the price point on this one...

I am in love with that set. Let me list why in some edits. 1.Horse. 2.Skeleton 3.Red Catapult. 4.Treasure (gold rock pieces). 5.Blue castle fronts(Where the guy with catapult is and opposite side) 6.2 Good minifigure faces on good guys.7. Gold spear.8. The outfits for good and bad is matching with the 2013 castle sets and TLM set.

Edited by Toby Adams

It seems like the wheel holders on the car chassis piece are separate, but attached, pieces. There's a bit of give to them if you pull them away from the body and they have molded studs that nothing can access. Has anybody had any success in separating them? I don't want to just pull and possibly break the piece.

EDIT: Curiosity got the best of me. They are separate pieces, you just need to cut off the cap holding them in place. Don't cut the pole that cap was on though, as it's the only thing keeping the pieces in place when you have them on the chassis. I wonder why they're assembled like that? Surely two more pieces to add to the chassis can't be THAT difficult for the target audience.

Edited by zandergb

The new LEGO Store calendar for June features the Knight's Castle set on the back. If it is indeed coming out in June instead of August, then perhaps the other two — Fire Emergency and Turtle Lair — will follow suit?