just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Good lord almighty, that looks like one big giant cringe-fest.

ah come on it look great. Kevin eastman is working on this the co creator

Looks like great fun.

*snip*

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please no animated thingys.

Looks like great fun.

*snip*

Agreed i think they look great

10325536_10152465790803013_2584347098650944573_n.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

The lego figs would be better without the nose lines, they could keeep the nostrils, but the lines shouldn't be there.

^ Agreed, the Japanese symbol on Donnie's bandanna is a nice touch

Edited by Steph 104th

To each his own, I suppose. I think they look horrendous. Donnie looks more donkey-like than turtle-ish in that picture. I understand what they were trying to do but I wish they'd left well enough alone.

LEGO did a good job translating the look to minifigures but that makes them more of a pass for me. I got a full set of nice looking turtles already, there's really no need for me to pick up the movie sets. I had thought that maybe the van could be a good start for a classic party wagon but I think I'll start from scratch.

ah come on it look great. Kevin eastman is working on this the co creator

Eastman was OK with the idea of Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles back when that was the movie pitch... So yeah. Plus Peter Laird, the other co-creator of the Turtles, is pretty much condemning this project.

They've sapped the out the culture, the look, and the overall atmosphere and left us with a bland blockbuster.

Eastman was OK with the idea of Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles back when that was the movie pitch... So yeah. Plus Peter Laird, the other co-creator of the Turtles, is pretty much condemning this project.

They've sapped the out the culture, the look, and the overall atmosphere and left us with a bland blockbuster.

He never indorsed it he stated that the turtles have always had a partial extraterrestrial Origin, Utroms, Dimension x, and all, but at that point he wasn't brought on closely into the production it wasn't until the director Johnathan was brought on and the first thing he did was sit down and explain the whole Mythos with the guy, giving him a deeper understanding. Peter is a very Fickle always has been he doesn’t like change. But that said even he said that while he dislikes the designs and the story as he has seen it so far there is a lot of context missing and say that with this context everything could work.

How have they in any way sapped out the culture of the turtles? Every Bit about this new Movie are just parts taken from varies versions of the turtles. Shredder creating the turtles(wolf series), April father working on the ooze(IDW), Possible shredder utrom(2k3), Karai (multiple versions), Baxter Stockman(multiple versions) As for the look, this is also an amalgamation of various versions of Just look at some of the more obscure turtle versions out there more humanoid check, larger more muscular check, nostrils check. What they have done with the new Mo-Cap Tech they have was present a turtle with a super expressive while hold many characteristics of a turtle there head shapes are super reminiscent of the Original movies, there profiles are very reminiscent of the Nick series turtles. As for the Atmosphere its pretty close to what we got with the 2K3 show darker yet still lighthearted.

I mean if its not for you its not for you.

I really like the look of the Turtles now that we've seen them more up-close-and-personal like this, but Donnie's lips are terrible and really quite unnecessary. The lips don't exactly look great on the others either, but at least they aren't as obviously as Donnie's in that picture. The movie does look like great fun, but there will inevitably be people who despise it simply because it isn't exactly the same as "their version" of the Turtles (ie, blinded by nostalgia to anything new). To each their own though.

I really like the look of the Turtles now that we've seen them more up-close-and-personal like this, but Donnie's lips are terrible and really quite unnecessary. The lips don't exactly look great on the others either, but at least they aren't as obviously as Donnie's in that picture. The movie does look like great fun, but there will inevitably be people who despise it simply because it isn't exactly the same as "their version" of the Turtles (ie, blinded by nostalgia to anything new). To each their own though.

You do have to remember they there are being puckered (not just for kissing) because of the shape his mouth is making for this specific face he is making I'm pretty sure his lips are the least pronounced when his face is slack (normal face) When he is yelling there is pretty much no pronounced lip lines just him yelling just a slight under lip that’s it. But i agree people have a certain picture in their heads, and if it’s not like that they get upset. I mean look at, how they reacted when the 80's show aired people hated it because it wasn't dark and gritty, the 90’s movie to violent, the Next mutation because its tone was too close to power ranger and they look different (odd looking plastrons). The 2k3 show because it was darker, 2k7 movie it cartoon, Nick anime looking three toed kiddy, OOTS Nostrils and lips, Point being you can’t make everyone happy all the time.

^

Unfortunately not. In this case many people seem quite unhappy bout the film's existence at all, from what I have seen people saying about this here and elsewhere on the internet. However, I have n problem with this film myself and am eagerly looking forward to seeing the Turtles come to life on the big screen for the first time that I've chosen to pay attention to (I never bothered with the 2007 film and never saw any of the previous films either). Let's just hope plenty of people give it a chance when it is released to show people that the TMNT brand is still alive and kicking.

^ Agreed, the Japanese symbol on Donnie's bandanna is a nice touch

I think Donnie suffers horribly from a tremendous over abundance of nice touches and character details. The glasses, the goggles, the tape. The tech gear. The microphone. Etc etch etc. it all comes together to just scream TOO MUCH. Like they gave design duties to a hyperactive 13 year old and told him "he's a nerd, but a cool nerd! Draw him!"

Like they gave design duties to a hyperactive 13 year old and told him "he's a nerd, but a cool nerd! Draw him!"

Lol funniest thing I've read on here in a while! I agree that is the case with Donnie, but I would even go one step further and say that every turtle just has a little too much going on. I know they tried to make them more modern by giving them some clothing and other details but I just like the simpler look of the turtles.

Lol funniest thing I've read on here in a while! I agree that is the case with Donnie, but I would even go one step further and say that every turtle just has a little too much going on. I know they tried to make them more modern by giving them some clothing and other details but I just like the simpler look of the turtles.

Aside from the facial problems that they all share Leonardo's design isn't bad. It seems cleaner and leaner than the others. If they had stuck more in line with him I would probably like them all more.

He never indorsed it he stated that the turtles have always had a partial extraterrestrial Origin, Utroms, Dimension x, and all, but at that point he wasn't brought on closely into the production it wasn't until the director Johnathan was brought on and the first thing he did was sit down and explain the whole Mythos with the guy, giving him a deeper understanding. Peter is a very Fickle always has been he doesn’t like change. But that said even he said that while he dislikes the designs and the story as he has seen it so far there is a lot of context missing and say that with this context everything could work.

How have they in any way sapped out the culture of the turtles? Every Bit about this new Movie are just parts taken from varies versions of the turtles. Shredder creating the turtles(wolf series), April father working on the ooze(IDW), Possible shredder utrom(2k3), Karai (multiple versions), Baxter Stockman(multiple versions) As for the look, this is also an amalgamation of various versions of Just look at some of the more obscure turtle versions out there more humanoid check, larger more muscular check, nostrils check. What they have done with the new Mo-Cap Tech they have was present a turtle with a super expressive while hold many characteristics of a turtle there head shapes are super reminiscent of the Original movies, there profiles are very reminiscent of the Nick series turtles. As for the Atmosphere its pretty close to what we got with the 2K3 show darker yet still lighthearted.

I mean if its not for you its not for you.

When I said culture, I didn't mean Turtles culture, I meant Japanese culture. The Foot Clan now wield guns and Shredder is white meaning that the original Oroku Saki story is out of the question. The family and brotherhood themes aren't as poignant without those. Anyways, I'd be happy to discuss this further over PM or in the Turtles discussion in the Culture and Multimedia subforum. I didn't mean to come off as extremely forceful before, it's just as you said: this movie isn't for me.

I like the extras they have like the sunglasses and the surfer look. I even like donnies overuse of techno gear.

But the head designs look somewhere between ridicoulus and completly devestated. They look like Shrek wearing a TNMT costume for f***s sake. I just can't compute how someone could ruin a design in this scale. I mean even the rubberish old real live turtles look better and they look ridicoulus. After dozens of movies and series someone gives you like a gazillion dollars to make a movie and you just ruin everything you could possibly ruin. There is just nothing right in this movie.

Just as with the lego sets. Wich is not TLCs fault they did indeed translate the horrific and boring look of this piece of.. abstract art to the Sets. But yeah. the sets suck. Specially compared to the lovley Nick Turtles Sets wich I bought completly. Sorry, I just had to say this. It is making me angry.

Remember that is just one image of Donnie he will probably not have that expression for the majority of the movie

I don't really understand why they felt the need to make Donnie's design so crowded with things. The other Turtles by comparison seem far more understated and less crowded in terms of design. Frankly, Donnie doesn't need all of that stuff on, at least not all at once, and I seriously hope his facial expression isn't like that for the whole movie.

I think my biggest problem with the new designs is the fact they look nowhere near the age they're supposed to represent. I know they're mutants, and it's probably just due to me being spoilt by the new IDW comics and Nick TV show, but Leo and Raph just look like they're in their late twenties, Donnie and Mikey sort of the a pass for looking a little younger I suppose. They're bloody huge though.

Surprisingly not overpriced. Still no word on US/Canada availability for the promo. Perhaps July with the movie sets?

Surprisingly not overpriced. Still no word on US/Canada availability for the promo. Perhaps July with the movie sets?

well no wonder it isn't overpriced. it isn't all that spectacular to be honest. Compared to The Manhunter or Revan its a rather boring figure. I will definitly get it because i love the Nickseries Lego Sets. But I can understand why it isn't so expencive.

There are still 2 days on this auction as I type this. The high bid is $7.50, I'd guess it will sell for for at least $20. It's hard to put a value on it though since we don't yet know what the availabilty/rarity of it will be.

The bid is up to 12.50 now, so the price is definitely climbing. I think someone will still get a decent deal on it considering most promo polybags go for around 20 on average (from what I've seen).

I definitely will pick it up if I can find it. But it isn't something I'll search the globe for if I don't get it.