just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Here's what I have heard about the movie from Ign

April is the main focus of the movie, the shredder and her father were trying to create heros to save the city and ended up creating the Turtles

Here's what I don't like based off the images, the Turtles and the Foot, don't seem like Ninjas anymore , the Turtles outfits seem weird (why does a turtle need pants when they have a shell) ,Shredders some white guy whos suit is probably his super hero suit and based on the actor they got to play splinter, he will probably sound like a white guy too.

This is the guy who plays Shredder

william-fichtner-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-gi.jpg

Here's the guy who plays Splinter

13693560_ori.jpg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I don't think "shredder" is Oroko saki, I think that's gonna come into play at the end.

its rumord he's a utrom, and Aprils dad was being used to perfect the mutagen.

We've had one teaser, and everyone is jumping to conclusions that aren't there. Relax, it'll be out soon.

From the finished-looking prelim pictures, the shells of the movie turtles looks too high up, doesen't seem right...

Honestly if you ranked the TMNT series best to worst the last cartoon was just ahead of the live action series. It wasn't very good. I especially hated that part.

Didn't we just see that Shredder armor in the Wolverine movie?

I'm glad that much like the Lone Ranger movie, the Lego sets based on this look really really good. Because my expectations of this movie currently could not get any worse. Those faces are the stuff of nightmares. Just dead, lifeless creepy, with strange dead eyes, weird unatural noses and lips that don't seem right in an organic life form. Oh and the turtles faces are pretty horrible too!

I have high hopes for the movie sets from what we've seen they look great, more detailed pictures will follow now that we have a trailer, overall I think the new Lair is miles better than its predecessor. Cant wait for a review.

I have high hopes for the movie sets from what we've seen they look great, more detailed pictures will follow now that we have a trailer, overall I think the new Lair is miles better than its predecessor. Cant wait for a review.

My current plan is to combine the two lair sets into one bigger, better lair than either of the two of them could be on their own.

My current plan is to combine the two lair sets into one bigger, better lair than either of the two of them could be on their own.

That's what I plan on doing. You stole my idea! :laugh::classic::laugh:

Edited by HomerJSimpson

First TMNT Trailer is now online

https://www.youtube....h?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

My reactions to the trailer:

The turtles are so ugly! Why do the Turtles have human noses and lips?

The 1990 TMNT movie turtles looked better than this.

Did the turtles take steroids? They look huge football players. The turtles are known to be short in the 5 foot range and slim since they supposed to be Ninjas.

In this movie the Turtles look like lumbering orcs.

What happen to the Foot clan? So they are Cobra mercenaries with guns?

Shredder is a old white guy now?

Feels like a Micheal Bay movie with slo-mo action and explosions everywhere.

---------------------------

The origin story seems very different in the cartoons and comics.

I am making a wild assumption the story goes like this in the movie.

About 15 years ago, Shredder and April's father worked together at TGRI.

There is a fall out between Shredder and April's father.

There was a lab accident, April's father becomes Splinter and trains the turtles.

April's father leaves the April behind where she grows up without a father.

15 years later, the Turtles shows up and face Shredder.

The turtles are so ugly! Why do the Turtles have human noses and lips?

I'm really into their designs!

And did you forget the part where they are mutants?

Hello everyone! Sorry to disregard the TMNT movie news and trailer thoughts for a minute but I have an interesting news find. On the Learning Express website I found images of some polybag sets that are marked for purchase at $4.99. Among them is the Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser, which surprises me if they actually do have it available. I'm willing to make a purchase to experiment if they have it, okay? You may try it as well. Here's the link: https://lexnj.learningexpresstoys.com/buy/lf30271/lego-minifigure-tmnt-shellraiser-in-polybag

Edited by Maniac4Legos

Bring back the live action movies, maybe not the 3rd but one and two kicked megablocks even to this day. Yes they look like rubber suits but, the new ones just dont look like the TMNT even in all the tv shows they all look very simaler to each other.

With Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser, i have orderd two of these off bricklink still waiting for them to come.

I cant find any of the other 2014 stuff around at all yet.

Edited by Lazarus

With Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser, i have orderd two of these off bricklink still waiting for them to come.

I see that it's on bricklink but I did not see a seller from which to purchase. Ill still try learning express and even ask my local store about it.

The minute someone picks up that poly-bag please do a review.

I'm on it, please don't rush me!! O~O I opened it, built it, and took tons of pictures!

I see that it's on bricklink but I did not see a seller from which to purchase. Ill still try learning express and even ask my local store about it.

UPDATE! The polybag IS available in store and online at Learning Express' website! In my local store they had same-day delivery from when I ordered and I got it! They also have a bucket of them and other polybags!

The Ninja Turtle movie was set to be released in August, but it has been pushed back to come out November/December this year. Which is bad news for the sets.

Edited by amazingbricks

The Ninja Turtle movie was set to be released in August, but it has been pushed back to come out November/December this year. Which is bad news for the sets.

While it is just a rumor, a push back wouldn't affect the release of the sets. The same situation occurred with Lone Ranger, but the release stayed the same for the sets.

Good to know. That might actually help LEGO sell more alongside the build-up to the film.

As an FYI to anyone who's been keeping tabs for the online listings, it looks like they're starting to activate or load the new sets into the database. Not all are available yet — except in NZ, which has everything up including Shredder's Lair Rescue.