just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

2015 Nick TMNT season 3 Turtle Van:

*snip*

This will make for a most excellent set ... If Lego makes it, I will buy it.

Heck yeah! Now that's a turtle van. They've made some changes but I don't think a Lego set based on it would look that different from the old cartoon version. :sweet:

I just learned that a sequel is already being planned for the movie, so I don't think these three movie sets are all we're getting.

Dam just seen the movie today, its bad. Turtles look good to be honest when i first saw them i did not like but they growing on me.

Bad story normal rushed movie by bay with no love of the law of the TMNT. The first and 2nd movies beat this new one easy and is on par with part 3 the jap one.

Well it IS a Micheal Bay movie. I'm sad that it didn't fail. We do not need a second one.

I saw the movie yesterday. Not a good movie. The turtles I actually didn't mind but April, Shredder, the Foot, and Splinter were awful. Especially Shredder. Now we know what the Silver Samurai did with Wolverine's claws...

Anyway about the sets. The two bigger ones are pretty accurate, only problem with the Lair is concept art Shredder and Splinter (which I don't mind, they look better than how they ended up in the film.) Big Rig's only problem is Karai was in a tank, not a black car.

Turtle Van Takedown wasn't very accurate...I can see this being pitched to be a set.

"Okay, we're gonna make a Turtle Van set for the $40 slot."

"But the Turtle Van is only in the movie for two minutes! They don't even use it to fight villains!"

"The Turtle Van is going to get us so much money though."

"But.."

"MONEY."

LOL "Money",

I think the turtle van is one of the better looking sets, I only have the truck at present and it was a very boring build and in the end its a truck and car nothing WOW about it.

I have the other two sets on layby at the moment so waiting to get those.

TMNT it's such a great theme. Unfortunately they will probably only have one wave each year.

What i really want on this wave and i guess we will get are:

Casey Jones and his bike

Krang Prime

Technodrome

More mutants - Tiger Claw, Razar, Maybe mutant karai, Stockman Fly and maybe Slash

Oh and i hope that Don comes on a set with the mutagen Tracker.

a lot of those figs are not in the new TMNT and from the original so you wont get them.

We should see Casey Jones at least.

a lot of those figs are not in the new TMNT and from the original so you wont get them.

We should see Casey Jones at least.

I think all of rod's list is from the newer Nick cartoon. Edited by Gooker1

There is a Technodrome and Stockman Fly in the new ones, I have not seen season two yet.

I just took the kids to see TMNT at the drive-in theatre last night. I figure, even if TMNT smells of rotten cabbage and Old Bay, the second feature, Guardians o' the Galaxy, prevents it from being a total loss.

Anyhoo, Spoiler Alert-->

Tower finale scene totally ripped off from The Amazing Spider-Man. Poison gas sprayed from high point in NYC.

Even the location.

The exact same tower.

Also, it look like they went with the turtles' and Splinter's origin from the latest comic book series.

Megan Fox as April? Poor casting choice. Turtles in CGI are more believable.

Despite this, I didn't totally hate the movie. It was a good action romp.

Annnnndddd...back on topic. I like the new turtle van. It's held up better for me compared to the Nick version. The new lair has a little more playability compared to the Nick version. However, I think if I swap out some pieces based on color choice from the Nick set, I can combine it with the movie lair set.

I just finished season one, could we get a technodrome set at anytime? It could include 3 or four turtles with the gliders with some citizens and kraang.

Honestly, if they're going to do a Technodrome i hope it will be something big, because tmnt biggest set was the movie lair and it was "only" 100 $. Why can't they do a 200 $ for the Technodrome? Lot of nostalgia adults would buy it because of the 87's show, and kids would buy it if it had all the turtles and a big krang prime mech and a lot of stuff to kids play with. Please Lego do a technodrome and then we need more season 2 based sets.

If we ever get a TMNT D2C I bet anything it will be the Technodrome. Now if it would be the 87' series Drome or the current one I don't know but it would be a Technodrome.

Tower finale scene totally ripped off from The Amazing Spider-Man. Poison gas sprayed from high point in NYC.

Even the location.

The exact same tower.

I totally agree with you, I hate this movie (just see the TMNT topic in the Culture & Multimedia forum for my rant) and it rips off ASM, but to be fair it wasn't the exact same tower. ASM's was at Oscorp, a completely made-up CGI tower.

Edited by montyofmusic

In the UK the Daily Mail is doing another free lego offer 20th to 27th September and 30271 Mikeys Mini Shellchaser will be one of them

Both movies were crap. And Splinter finding a random book in the sewer to learn jujitsu? Just stupid.

Both movies were fine. People gave them new Ninja Turtles movie a lot of crap but it was entertaining. I would love to get my hands on the 30271 polybag.

I would love to get my hands on the 30271 polybag.

it will complete my second set of 4