REVIEW: 75019 AT-TE

Which AT-TE do your prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which AT-TE do you prefer?

• 4482 (2003)
    • 7675 (2008)
    • 75019 (2013)

atte_0055.jpg

Picked this guy up as soon as they were available and just getting around to the review now. :grin: I had already built it and threw away the box before I took it apart again for this review.

Set Information

Name: AT-TE

Number: 75019

Pieces: 794

Minifigures: 5

Year of Release: 2013

Price: £79.99 GBP $89.99 USD $119.99 CDN

No box, but the front of the instructions adorn the same art, less the set information. Listed above.

atte_0032.jpg

Bag 1 will supply us with 3 of the 5 minfigures and parts to make the main frame. This is most of the technic we will see in this set. Not shown is a brick separator.

atte_0001.jpg

Here are our first 3 minifigs. We saw the regular 'Geonosis' battle droid in the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. And we've seen the torso and head of the battle droid commander in the 2010 Droid Tri Fighter. The clone commander however is brand new and a welcome addition to my legion of clones.

atte_0002.jpg

We only get 3 printed pieces and 1 of them is extra, it's a shame they're just thrown into a box as we'll see later on.

atte_0004.jpg

There are two instructions books, the second one is half the size of the first.

atte_0031.jpg

The instructions are very easy to read and don't have very many pieces added at a time. Yoda is featured on the top corner of every page.

atte_0006.jpg

Main frame built, the 4 blue technic pins will be used to secure the plating later on and the grey technic boxes are where 4 of the legs attach.

atte_0008.jpg

This structure will be familiar to anyone who has built the previous AT-TE or the AT-OT. It will be where the handle slides into.

atte_0009.jpg

Bag 1 completed. We had some technic beams to the sides to keep it sturdy and the grey bits coming out the side are where the other two legs will attach.

atte_0010.jpg

Bag 2 gives us a nice array of dark red mainly for the cockpit and the 4 turrets on the front.

atte_0011.jpg

We have 4 of these clear pieces which are nice to have, they have the grooves on the sides, easier to see on the grey ones. No stickers will be placed on these. :classic:

atte_0012.jpg

Speaking of stickers, here are two of them, another one of these is places on the other large triangle brick adjacent to this one.

atte_0013.jpg

Cockpit is added.

atte_0014.jpg

Interesting design choice here, the sole purpose of that clip brick is to prevent this section from flipping up, so no goofy missiles underneath here.

atte_0015.jpg

Bag 2 completed and most of the front section is finished.

atte_0019.jpg

Bag 3 gives us our last two Jedi minifigs and parts to build 4 legs.

atte_0020.jpg

Here are our two Jedi, Mace Windu and Coleman Trebor who was killed by Jango Fett before he really got onto the battlefield.

atte_0021.jpg

I noticed this with all the Jedi for this wave. Mace, Coleman, Obi Wan, Anakin and Stass Allie all have the same leg prints, just in different colours. Seems a bit cheap IMO. We can also see the brown for Mace don't match up very well.

atte_0022.jpg

Coleman Trebor's head is made of the hard rubber, that has a little bit of give towards the top. He does look very odd from straight on or from the sides.

atte_0023.jpg

Onto the building, after building two sets of legs. (2 are opposite eachother). We're ready to put them on.

atte_0027.jpg

They're held on by just one technic rod each, but does the job. The unsightly rod end will be covered up with a disc.

atte_0029.jpg

We also add a little ladder towards the back end.

atte_0030.jpg

Bag 4 we will build the remaining two legs and the armour plating.

atte_0033.jpg

The two disc pieces are printed, but the other 6 pieces are stickers. They don't make a huge difference whether they are placed on, or not.

atte_0034.jpg

The two legs on the side get an extra joint on the... ankle? Adds for some extra movement.

atte_0035.jpg

They don't stick out the side too much. Unlike 7675.

atte_0036.jpg

Also unlike 7675, no elastics holding the legs in place!

atte_0037.jpg

The armour plates are built the same but opposites.

atte_0038.jpg

These ones do a better job covering up the big gaps, but still leave a lot of air holes.

atte_0039.jpg

Bag 5 will build us the two top plates and the main gun. 6 flick fires here :sceptic:

atte_0040.jpg

4 more stickers, these don't add much to the set either and I really do hate placing stickers on curved slopes.

atte_0041.jpg

Front section with the main gun attached.

atte_0042.jpg

There is a seat for our clone to sit, but no controls. Oh well, flick fires never work anyway.

atte_0043.jpg

This thing however I'm very confused about, theres no way to flick the missles out, so you have to pull the thing out. As shown by the bricks with the grooves. Then fire them? I'm not sure, anyway. I'll probably just remove it later on. Or maybe it's just extra ammo?

atte_0044.jpg

I don't think this top part is even meant to be opened anyway. So I don't understand why they're here.

atte_0045.jpg

Back portion is a bit larger and no silly flick missles. It is hinged though so it does restrict access to the back.

atte_0046.jpg

atte_0048.jpg

In the back we find the box mentioned earlier and two clips for holding something, no seats and we can practically see through the entire vehicle. Unlike 7675, this one seems a bit more difficult to modify and remove those unsightly holes.

atte_0049.jpg

Besides that, here are some different angles of our completed AT-TE.

atte_0047.jpg

atte_0050.jpg

atte_0051.jpg

atte_0052.jpg

atte_0053.jpg

I didn't have 7675 on hand to compare sizes, but I can tell just from looking at it. This one is much more narrow and not as long. It may be taller however.

The poor battle droids are horribly outnumbered in this scenario.

atte_0054.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Overall this is definately an improvement over our last two AT-TE's but there is still the problem of having the big gaps in the sides and bottom. It's nice that most of the Jedi we see during ATOC are included in this years wave. A lot of people have wanted a Coleman Trebor (despite his failed attempt and killing Dooku).

Build: 7/10 Building 4 of the same thing is never fun, but it seems like TLC used the least amount of bricks possible for the legs, armour. So it isn't quite as boring.

Design: 6/10 A more accurate scale and accuracy comes at the cost of having big holes in it.

Pieces: 7/10 Nothing too interesting other than some printed pieces and 4 clear windows.

Playability: 8/10 It actually does okay all terrain, the inclusion of the battle droids to add some fighting falls short as they have to face 2 Jedi and an AT-TE

Price: 7/10 I'm impartial to the prices, they aren't ever going to go down, so I'll enjoy them while I can.

Minifigures: 9/10 A new clone commander and Coleman Trebor are welcome additions to anyones collection.

Coming in at a final score of 44/60. 73% Satisfaction.

Finnaly, one great review of this set. I have the previous version, so I probably won't buy this one, but still great set.

Finnaly, one great review of this set. I have the previous version, so I probably won't buy this one, but still great set.

That was what I thought at first, but this one is really worth it, it seems much more movie accurate and nothing tends to fell off.

Great review, thanks. I recently picked up this set and put it together, it was quite enjoyable. I'm an OT guy but the recent PT sets have really caught my eye.

That was what I thought at first, but this one is really worth it, it seems much more movie accurate and nothing tends to fell off.

That means that you have the previous one, can you post a side by side comparison?

Great, in-depth review. :sweet:

Although this set doesn't really interest me all that much. From the outside, the armour-plating and overall aesthetic looks nice and clean-cut... but viewed from anywhere else the set appears half-complete. Worse still, covering up those holes would take almost a complete redesign in my eye. :sceptic:

Great, in-depth review. :sweet:

Although this set doesn't really interest me all that much. From the outside, the armour-plating and overall aesthetic looks nice and clean-cut... but viewed from anywhere else the set appears half-complete. Worse still, covering up those holes would take almost a complete redesign in my eye. :sceptic:

Yes it is a shame, I was looking at a way of modding it similar to the way most people modded the old AT-TE by adding some extra plates, but the angles on this one are much more difficult and it is a bit more cramped inside.

That means that you have the previous one, can you post a side by side comparison?

I will try once I get them together :classic:

I built it yesterday and I must say it's designed very poorly. All the time something falls off- The cocpit, the back entrance, the flickfires under the hood... But I love the legs can do silly dance when you wave it in the air!

It is tight I think. The parts rarely fall off. I like it is shorter than the previous model but it is overall much cute than previous models ( I wonder if you agree). And it would be great if there are some red strips at the side like the 7675 did before.

It is tight I think. The parts rarely fall off. I like it is shorter than the previous model but it is overall much cute than previous models ( I wonder if you agree). And it would be great if there are some red strips at the side like the 7675 did before.

I'm sure if you just out some red tiles on it, they wouldn't seem to much out of place