Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would document my rc motor disassemble, due to bad "cracking" sounds, and show how I managed to take it apart with minimal damage as possible.

I thought it was due to lack of grease inside, but this turned out not to be true. It was in fact a loose gear on its pin, as you can see below.

9436003048_340c803de5_c.jpg9433228239_4e5ea87f94_c.jpg

9435997524_b87fd80cfd_c.jpg9433232009_2c7062c88e_c.jpg

It was extremely difficult to take apart and a lot of force was required!! and at this stage i have no idea if it will go back together nicely and still work at all.

Seeing the condition that it is in, and the sound it makes from this loose gear, I would recommend if anyone else hears the same thing to just put up with it! haha

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, as it will only get worst with time. I have considered filling it with heavy grease, or make a very thin metal sleeve for the gear.

This was a brand new motor purchased from BL. :sceptic:

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you damage any Lego or yourself from attempting to copy what you have seen here.

I think the best way to solve this is by drilling a even diameter hole and inserting a brass rod inside the hole(it will need to be a tight fit).

Or maybe you can find a copy of the gear online from a robotics's shop?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

look at the good side of it:

the problem is not the motor :tongue:

Lol, what do you mean? :)

I think the best way to solve this is by drilling a even diameter hole and inserting a brass rod inside the hole(it will need to be a tight fit).

Or maybe you can find a copy of the gear online from a robotics's shop?

Both those ideas are great! I deff consider them. Cheers

that the electric motor works fine so you just need the plastic gear :)

by the way as you're a good modeller you could also model the gear and paint it in a 3D painter store :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Its really interesting to see the insides... I just wish I could help you get it back into working condition :sceptic: