Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #78: As Thick As Thieves

QM Note: I'll allow Grimwald to do something, if he so desires, and then we'll move into the inevitable first battle. :devil:

I simply yawn. I could tell that the other party members were at least slightly fazed, but I have been dealing with people like these for four centuries. At one point in your life it just kind of rolls off your back.

"Yes, sir, you didn't deny the fact they were hostages here. You are exactly right. Bit of a slip, I see? And calm down with the snarl, my good man, you're only going to give yourself a coronary. And after what you've said about Helvetia, you may want to postpone your meeting with her for as long as possible. She doesn't take well to scum like you."

I expertly whip out my bow, pointing it straight at the gentleman.

"It will only take 2 shots to kill you with this bow. Perhaps three. Now, talk, sir, or I'm afraid you'll be seeing my goddess sooner rather than later."

9457598317_c3939b17a0_o.jpg

"I'll have you know you undesirable cretin that acting like a cocky git will only get you killed. Not like I have any qualms with killing an undead."

"How dare you speak to my cohort like that!" Grimwald spluttered suddenly. "My goodness! C'mon boys, let's show this lad some manners!"

"Manners? When I'm through with you lot, you will know the definition of authority! Ready your arms men!"

The guards immediately surround the party, weapons at the ready. The leader draws his sword and joins them, a look of anger in his eyes as his torch illuminates the guards and the sewers. The party draws their weapons and prepared to fight against their latest opponents.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!!

Bigoted Lieutenant

Level 25 Humanoid

HP: 400/400

SP: 6

Special 1: Military Tactician- The Lieutenant uses his training in the art of combat, and becomes hastened for the next three rounds.

Special 2: Racist Remark- The Lieutenant makes a harsh remark to the target, weakening them for the next three round.

*Specials Alternate

Drops: Quality Cutlass, 10 gold

9354931630_6719e907f7_o.jpg

Guard (Crossbowman) A

Level 12 Humanoid

HP: 180/180

Special: Triple Shot- The Guard hits the Hero, as well as the hero above and below them in the battle order for 18 damage.

Passive Special: Trained in Marksmanship- The Guard (Crossbowman) attacks from the back row, receiving halved damage from melee weapons from the front row

Drops: Potion

Guard (Crossbowman) B

Level 12 Humanoid

Special: Triple Shot- The Guard hits the Hero, as well as the hero above and below them in the battle order for 18 damage.

Passive Special: Trained in Marksmanship- The Guard (Crossbowman) attacks from the back row, receiving halved damage from melee weapons from the front row

Drops:10 gold

9354932644_a2af13d9ae_o.jpg

Guard (Sword) B

Level 15 Humanoid

Special: Low Blow- The Guard wounds the hero in the stomach, causing them to bleed out. The hero loses five health at the end of each round until remedied.

Drops: Nothing

Guard (Sword) B

Level 15 Humanoid

Special: Low Blow- The Guard wounds the hero in the stomach, causing them to bleed out. The hero loses five health at the end of each round until remedied.

Drops: Fireball Whisky

-The Party-

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. -Party Leader-

Unknown age male human ranger

Level 13

Power: 21

Health: 18/18

Gold: 135

Equipment: Aquabow (WP: 7, Water-elemental), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), Syndicate Cowl (SP: 2, Immune to Doomed effect)

Inventory:

Consumables: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone x2, Nostrum x2, Potion x4, Remedy x4, , Venom, Ice Bomb, Grand Potion, Mead x2,

Equipment: White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear), Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bow(WP:5)

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

69 year old male gnome Cleric *Encouraged and Hastened*

Level: 11

Power: 17 (11 + 5 + permanent boost of 1)

SP: 3

Health: 19/19 (9+10)

Ether: 13/15 (5+10)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Knotted Broom (WP: 5), Tricorne (suitable for anyone, SP: 3, headwear)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Tonic, Remedy x2, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, up to the user to choose how many are eaten at a time), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll.

V916GDK.jpgSorrow(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 23 1/3 *Immune to Light and Blinded* *Encouraged, Hastened, and Lucky*

Power Bonus: +1

Defense: 6

Health: 34/34 (7+21+5)

Gold: 764

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27 Ice and Darkness Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear),Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x6, Health Core, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x6, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrum x6, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer, Disguise Kit (Accessory. Usable by anyone. Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender.)

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 23.66 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 33

Health: 37/37

Ether: 23/23

Gold:286

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz,,Opal, Aquamarine, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion (x2), Fireworks, Remedy (x2), , mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Tonic, Grand tonic (x5)

Party Leader, please create a battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

Edited by Kintobor

"Grimwald, you're hastened. You may want to go for multiple targets...

I'll handle that bigot and Crossbow Man B, back."

Em attack Guard (Sword) A from the back row.

Party order:

Sorrow (Endgame)

Sorrow (Endgame)

Elgar Gligin (Jedi master Brick)

Em (Emjajoas)

Grimwald (LordoftheNoobs)

(OOC: Still not 100% sure about battle order so if you have any tips for me, they'd be appreciated)

Edited by emjajoas

"I have Crossbow B, Grimwald. Unless you want to double team one of these men, I'd suggest taking another target."

Em attack Guard (Sword) A from the back row.

Party order:

Sorrow (Endgame)

Elgar Gligin (Jedi master Brick)

Em (Emjajoas)

(OOC: Still not 100% sure about battle order so if you have any tips for me, they'd be appreciated)

If a party member is hastened, make sure they are in the battle order twice, to determine who they attack first, and who they attack second (in this case, Grimwald and Sorrow should have their name in the battle order twice.)

Edited by Kintobor

ROUND ONE OF THE SEWER SHOWDOWN

>Sorrow- Lieutenant: Damage Crit.- (27x4+23+1=132 Damage)

>Sorrow- Guard (Crossbowman B): Shield Crit.- (27x2+23+1=78 damage to all opponents. Bigoted Lieutenant and Crossbowman B Assassinated. +37 Gold)

>Elgar- Guard (Sword B): Damage- (15/2=7-6=1 damage)

>Em- Guard (Sword A): Special- (Em is Bleeding Out)

>Grimwald- Guard (Crossbowman A): Crit.- (5x2+11=21)

>Grimwald- Guard (Crossbowman A): Special- (18-3=15 Damage)

Em: -5 Health

Sorrow begins combat by firing an arrow straight into the Lieutenants chest, followed by a rapid succession of arrows hitting each of the guards, taking out the Lieutenant and one of the Crossbowman, both of which he promptly loots. It appears his remark had come to fruition. Elgar gets nicked by one of the guards swords, but it's nothing serious. However, the party's luck begins to wane as Em is struck directly in the gut by a guards sword, the steel hitting him and knocking the wind right out of him. Looking down he sees a steady stream of blood coming out of the wound. If not treated soon, he might pass out. Grimwald dukes out with one of the crossbowman, who retaliates with a rapid succession of shots with his crossbow, all of them hitting Grimwald. Three enemies stand as the party continues to fight...

Guard (Crossbowman) A

Level 12 Humanoid

HP: 81/180

Drops: Potion

Guard (Sword) B

Level 15 Humanoid

HP: 102/180

Drops: Nothing

Guard (Sword) B

Level 15 Humanoid

HP: 102/180

-The Party-

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. -Party Leader- *Bleeding Out*

Level 13

Health: 13/18

Equipment: Aquabow (WP: 7, Water-elemental), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), Syndicate Cowl (SP: 2, Immune to Doomed effect)

Inventory:

Consumables: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone x2, Nostrum x2, Potion x4, Remedy x4, , Venom, Ice Bomb, Grand Potion, Mead x2,

Equipment: White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear), Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bow(WP:5)

Health: 4/19 (9+10)

Equipment: Knotted Broom (WP: 5), Tricorne (suitable for anyone, SP: 3, headwear)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Tonic, Remedy x2, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, up to the user to choose how many are eaten at a time), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll.

Gold: 817

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27 Ice and Darkness Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear),Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x6, Health Core, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x6, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrum x6, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer, Disguise Kit (Accessory. Usable by anyone. Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender.)

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Health: 36/37

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz,,Opal, Aquamarine, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion (x2), Fireworks, Remedy (x2), , mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Tonic, Grand tonic (x5)

Party Leader, please create a battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

Edited by Kintobor

Grimwald heals himself from the back row. If he heals rolls Heal, Heal More or Miracle, he then attacks the Crossbowman from the back row. If he rolls Heal Less or Damage, he tries healing himself again.

I shoot Crossbownman B and Swordsman A from the back row.

"Give up while you still have time, gentlemen, or I'll mow you down too."

"Surrender? Never! We would rather die in combat than give into the likes of you! Long live the Order!"

ROUND TWO OF THE SEWER SHOWDOWN

>Sorrow vs. Crossbowman A- Crit. (27x4+23+1=132 Damage) (No Assassination)

>Grimwald attempts to heal himself- No Heal (Roll of 5) (-1 ether)

>Grimwald attempts to heal himself- Heal Less (+11 health, -1 ether)

>Em- Remedy (Bleeding Out Removed)

>Elgar vs. Swordsman A- Damage (15/2-6=1 Damage)

>Sorrow vs. Swordsman B- Lethal Aim (27x4=108 Damage) (No Assassination)

Sorrow quickly dispatches one of the crossbowman as he reloads his crossbow. Grimwald manages to heal himself, but at the expense of two ether. Em chugs a remedy, feeling the bleeding and pain cease as he does so. Elgar manages to get another flesh wound from a swordsman, as Sorrow deals another successful strike to an enemy. One enemy remains standing...

Guard (Sword) B

Level 15 Humanoid

HP: 48/180

-The Party-

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. -Party Leader-

Level 13

Inventory:

Health: 15/19 (9+10)

Gold: 801

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Health: 35/37

Party Leader, please determine battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

QM Note: For those lucky one's who won something in the lottery, you can put them in your inventory immediately.

Edited by Kintobor

Some fixes, Kintobor: I should've earned 53 gold due to my sticky gloves from Round 1, and my Lethal Aim should've killed Swordsman B due to my x4 multiplier.

"Okay, let us put an end to this."

"I attack Sword A twice, back."

QM Note: The x2 you got because of the Darkness elemental in your bow. I'm not seeing where the other modifier is to allow you to get x4.

I'm encouraged as well, and the bow is ranged. Thus, x4.

Round Three of the Sewer Showdown

Sorrow vs. Swordsman B- Hit (Assassination) (27x4+23+1=132 Damage)

Grimwald vs. Swordsman B

Grimwald vs. Swordsman B

Em vs. Swordsman B

Elgar vs. Swordsman B

Sorrow vs. Swordsman B

Beating the rest of the party to the punch, Sorrow slots an arrow into his bow and strikes his target right between the eyes. The battle was victorious.

-The Party-

ava-em.jpg

Level 13.5

Inventory:

Level: 11.5

Health: 15/19 (9+10)

Level 23 2/3 *Immune to Light and Blinded* *Encouraged, Hastened, and Lucky*

Gold: 801

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Level 24 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 34

Health: 36/38

Ether: 24/24

Em and Grimwald go up half a level while Sorrow and Elgar go up one third of a level. Party Leader, please distribute loot.

LOOT!

9357540835_7717d4e915_o.jpgFireball Whiskey: Causes immunity to fire damage OR can be used as a bomb, dealing 20 fire damage to all enemies.

heroica-potion.jpg Potion

Quality Cutlass (WP: 6 Dagger (it's too short to be a longsword, so it counts as a dagger)

20 gold

As Em distributes the loot, a lone cough emits from behind them. The Lieutenant, slouched against the wall spits out blood, death lingering over him.

"You won't get far. The Order will find you lot. And when they do, you will regret it." He goes into a coughing fit, blood pooling out of his mouth.

"One banner, one lord, one country. Long live the Order Imperial."

The lieutenant heaves his last breath, leaving the party with his last, ominous words. They couldn't stop here, though. The rest of the prison awaited them...

Edited by Kintobor