Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

Eurovision Song contest

Is anybody else watching this tonight?? It should be good fun, this year is meant to be bigger and better (according to British press) than any other year.

I hope the UK get more than 0 this year! We did terribly bad last time (probably because of the war), nul points!! :P :D

Jon.

hmm... well that was... entertaining?? :huh:

Ukraine were the final winners on 280 points :o ! Quite a good lead throughout, and the Xeena outfit was erm.. nice! ;) We ended on 29! Better than 0 I guess! :D Too bad Denmark didn't make it, I bet DoubleT is distraught! :P

Did anybody else watch it or was I the only person mad enough??

Let me just add Terry Wogan's quote which summed up the whole night!

What a night, mad voting and mad music!

he he :P

Jon.

sure i watched it!!! my friends and me are watching it every year and we are having some beer and a barbeque while watching...

the event itself was... hm... boring.... there wasn't many fun acts (except the turkey band... remembered me a little bit at the bloodhound gang...)... somehow, the most male acts looked all the same (i wondered if it was one artist with different hair styles, this would explain why the german artist Max had this terrible hairt style... :lol:)

but we became (as far as i remember, i'm not sure, you know, the beer.... :P) the eights, thats not bad...

but i am angry about the fact, that there is so much sympathy-voting...

i will write more later, i've to go eating... :P

ok Apophis, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Hmmph :angry: .. Germany did better than the UK (n) And we all know that UK are soooo much better... don't we? :unsure:

Jon.

This is clear ! between UK and Gremany, my choice will be fast ;)

Eurovision, Oh my God, you guys are driving me crazy ! I wish I could have watch it but we only get the UK and German channels this week on our DSL network and no french channel shew the show (is this correct ? no ? :( )

And know why ? Because it sucks so much that nobody is watching it :angry: It's a shame, I guess french people are too stupid to make fun of themselves. Anyway, since I now have all the public english and german channels, I'll be able to watch what you guys are watching.

I guess we have to make a special eurobrick event next year and eating barbecue while watching the eurovision...

Eurovision = vision of europe = :wacko:

that would be a great idea!!! :) eurovisionbricks.... :lol:

oh, and we WERE good, but we were boring too.... :lol:

Well I dont really care aobut the Song Contest, from now on it will always be an contry from the east that will win. Funny that Denmark is the last vestern Europer contry that won...

yeah, it silly that all the countries vote for their neighbours... in most cases it doesn't count the quality of the song, it only counts, how many other countries like your own... :(

e.g. germany gave the last years always many points (12, 10,..) to turkey, and a main reason is, that we have many immigrants from there, so they vote for their country... (thats no offense, i would do this too, if i would live in another country... :P)

but this reasons causes a voting that hasn't much to do with quality... :(

It should be about quality, but it aint <_<

Oh by the way I liked Germany's artist, he song very well :)

Not ofen you here an good German song

ermm.. well I have no idea about German music but I do have some idea why ukraine won. Proabably because of the nice little outfit she wore! ;) I didn't care much for the song though.

Jon.

Well jonfett i need a big good pic before i belive you ;)

wow, somehow i have the feeling, that we often come back to the topic "girls"... :loul:

oh, some good german artists?!?

e.g.

herbert groenemeyer

die aerzte

die toten hosen

scorpions

marius mueller-westernhagen

oh, and MANY MANY fine djs....

okay, i dont know, how much all these artists are known in the foreign countries... but most artists, that doesn't sing in English or that doesn't come from the USA aren't wellknown worldwide... e.g. robbie williams.. nobody cares about him in the USA.... though he is a really good singer.... but thats life... ;)

I have heard of scorpions, but not the other ones sorry.....

Just remember.......Ramstein is German right?

yeah... somehow they are very famous.... i wonder why, they have a very "individual" sound... :lol:

Have any of you seen the film Triple X?? I am sure Ramstein are playing in a concert at the beggining of it, but I cannot be sure.

Jon.