Sign in to follow this  
BryanKinkel

D.I.N.O Attack - New theme

I never saw the plane sneak peak, but I didn't think the Adeventure dinos were bad, just too expensive.

Watch, they're going to see the horrific sales of these things and blame it on the weapons.

I can see it now:

"We should have stuck with the megaphones," said LEGO's CEO. "Obviously, this new shift up the maturity scale has unbalanced our fans."

Well, yeah... I guess it is. :( Adventurers and Alpha Team should never have been mashed together into one theme.

Watch, they're going to see the horrific sales of these things and blame it on the weapons.

I can see it now:

"We should have stuck with the megaphones," said LEGO's CEO. "Obviously, this new shift up the maturity scale has unbalanced our fans."

Actually, the weapons are probably the only good things in the sets. If you look closely, a lot of attention is paid to the detail of the guns....

Hmmm... so let me see... Good Old School Prop Plane for a GOOD Line(Adventurers... still SO much potential in that line...)... or this "MUTANT DINOSAUR!" junk.

So they had 2 lines, the Adventurers Return to Dino Island or whatever(with the good prop plane we saw earlier) OR This Alpha Team CRAP with ACTION FIGURE DINOSAURS(These are about as Lego as a Playstation Game(not Lego Racers either!)).

At least Alpha Team had some good pieces. This is just garbage.

These are PRELIMINARIES? Well... lets see

PRELIMINARY VIKINGS - Good Fortress, 3D beards, Better overall

FINAL VIKINGS - Fortress and figures get crappier.

So if the Preliminaries are better... i think the ACTUAL Dinosaur sets will have a piece count of no more than 5 pieces per set... and they will probably become Jack Stone Scale.

SWEET!

I heard someone say 2005 will be the YEAR OF LEGO.

YEAH RIGHT. |-/

WHAT A PILE OF CRAP THIS THEME IS!

No wonder we havnt heard about it until this week.

It sounded great on the front page. Guns, mutant dinosaurs with light up eyes....but when I look at the pictures Im horrified. The dinosaurs look like something from the Early learning centre. It would of been so much better if they were made from Bionicle or even if they looked similar to those crappy viking dragons.

Lego youve dissapointed me.

this is ridiculous

one of the t-rexs look half way decent, the helicopter has potenitial and this is where it ends

can you guys rememeber just a short year ago, this is what lego looked like

no violence, good colors, and yellow mini figs,

lego is running around like a chicken with its head cut off

" what do we do what do we do?"

" i got it! we make big big vehicles, change are no war policy and make big lime green dinosaurs!"

wrong, no one goes for mutant dinosaurs, can anyone actually recall a mutant dinoasaur line that ever existed or survived

all i can think of is jurassic park chaos theory or what ever where the dinosaurs were all hybrids and lime green and junk

if lego decided to drop "no violence" they should do a WWII theme in honor of our veterans or something

These color shemes are very reminescent of old mega bloks, but the big t-rex does have potential

here are some ideas that i , and many other lego goers share

1. ADVENTURES- Atlantis- we have mer-people from upcoming hp sets, so that would work, make a coral look, a little building or castle and make submarines like the ones in disney's atlantis that look like they are made out of steel and copper

2. a new Dinosaur Adventures theme, returning to the dino island, have new dinosaurs, correct scale to minifigs, with moveable parts and make better propeller planes, like the canceled one we saw.

3. last resort, fix this line, drastically, i mean drastically, the only good thing here is neat mini-fig torsos and a potential good sized t-rex, change color schemes on both the dinosaurs, (browns, dark greens etc.) and on the vehicles like dark grey and light greys and maybe yellows or red highlights- downsize the hummer and helicopter and it might look better, maybe like a compound too

does any body know if TLC has the JP licence any more- there could be some interest there

ok im done- still think the hungarian horntail head would look good as a rex

OH.MY.GOD!!!

awful concept awfully executed.

although those are preliminary dino-mock-ups i must say THIS IS RIDICULOUS! what devilry comes next? a minifig-drug-whore-brothel? couldn't get much worse.

nice torsos and vehicle parts (lots of dark red) though...

I don't think this is quite as bad as people are saying.

The dinosaurs suck, but the vehicles (except for the tank) are really good I think. They're huge, and there are actually some quite nice details in them. Lots of weapons :-D

That gattling gun on the Heli rocks! The new faces rock, the vehicles rock, the dark red rocks...The only bad things are the dinos.

Ok. Hate me for saying this. But I like the Tank.

VERY Godzilla. If you watch they have they special guns to shoot him, and they look like that.

End of the day, the dinos look like only slightly less jointed than the old dinos. And they've still got the place on the back where you can sit a lego figure.

And they are mutants!!! The colours are a little poop. But that not too bad.

And also, when I was a kid, I always hated getting 1 set because there was limited playablity. Here every set is a game in itself. Which I like.

I'm gonna wait and see till they're in my hand!

When are these out?

These will sell well for Lego, and thats a good thing, means Lego'll get money!

I see 4 sets:

Tank

Buggy

ATV

Helicopter

but originally, there were 5 Dino sets...anyone care to explain.

I see 4 sets:

Tank

Buggy

ATV

Helicopter

but originally, there were 5 Dino sets...anyone care to explain.

You are a grumpy fellow!

Mister X only said there were 4.

I called that small car an ATV.

-----

I really don't care what "Mr. X" said. I trust more solid sources than an anonymous person who's too chicken to show up.

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Theme=Dinosaurs

If you go down, you will see 5 sets. Oh well, with LEGO's new fad...cancelling sets/themes whenever they feel like it...one of those sets could have easily been cancelled.

Woah, and now that I see, those dinos from the previous Dinosaurs theme look much better than the current Dino Attack dinos.

Ooops, I did refer ATV to the second biggest set and I did forget about that small one...so in the end, there are five sets.

ATV (smallest) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1112378

Buggy http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1112377

Hummer http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1112380

Helicopter http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1112379

Tank http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1112376

Ok, nothin's missing. My bad. It's morning and didn't quite wake up to the fullest. :P

Dino Observation Complex or whatever is missing.

Wrong theme!

That was from the canceled dino sets.

Dino Observation Complex or whatever is missing.

Wrong theme!

That was from the canceled dino sets.

Are you sure it was cancelled? I mean the set numbers for the Adventurers Dinos are exactly like the new Dino Attack sets. Maybe they were just *mis-interpreted*. Or maybe they realized they already did a Dino Adventurers theme and in a few days, quickly cooked up something lame to compete with Megabloks.

And could you please give me all the names of the cancelled Adventurers sets?

Yes I'm sure, they are completely different.

What it seemed happen is Lego canceled the Adventure Dinos and replace them with these because they, sad, thought that these would sell better.

Still it is odd that there is no base to this theme, that hasn't happened since the Space Raidersor whatever they were called back in 1996.

Hand me my six-shooter, I'm aiming for those crappy dinos!

The dinos remind me of Power Rangers with the bright colors and smooth finishes - but nice packaging!

I'm very disappointed with this theme. Great concept, but would have rather seen Lego repackage their old dinos and bring back the adventure theme. :(

The dinos remind me of Power Rangers

Now the Jeally Bean Knights and "Dinosaurs" can team up for the Power Ranger Title! :D