Sign in to follow this  
TWP

[MOC] Architecture style coruscant senate building

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I hope it is not too late too post for the community build.

Anyways, here is my latest MOC. I had completed it on saturday, but was only able to post this yesterday.

I think after all it had taken me about 6 hours.

For much months the idea of using dome topsfor a senate building. intitially, I wanted to do just the building, but later I couldn't resist to make a sort of interior too.

I could have used a plate build dome, but I wanted it to have a smoother look.

more pics on my Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.co...s/77259875@N05/

overview:

8895990864_d77c8fb506_z.jpg

the top layer is builded like a Lego Architecture set, with the 1x8 tiles on the side. I wanted to photoshop a "Senate Building" text on it, but I don't know how. Could anyone explain how to easily put text in a picture, so it looks real?

8895366161_39465c22e0_z.jpg

reference pic:

Galactic_Senate.png

actually my MOC isn't angled enough, but Lego still hasn't produced Brick, round corner 6 x 6 x 2 Dome top.

I had to improvise the statues with teeth, it's ashame there are no straight versions.

without the "roof":

8895983800_42671201de_z.jpg

The "roof" is attached with 4 studs. when removed, you can see the Galactic Senate's Grand Convocation Chamber.

The Grand Convocation Chamber:

8895981930_bec07a520d_z.jpg

8895978912_e1cf2c23a1_z.jpg

reference pic:

senate1.jpg

I made it Light bluish gray in stead of Dark bluish gray because of several reasons:

Because I thought Light bley looks better, the outside of the base already is light bley, and because I simply hadn't got the right pieces and enough in dark bley :grin: .

8904080874_d9b2718e84_n.jpg

Bonus pic: (bad) photoshopped image of the Senate's

C&C welcome!

Very good! It looks (perhaps) a little too spherical, but the shapes of the outside and the interior are both very evocative of the source material.

I've updated the first post today with more images and some info.

Very good! It looks (perhaps) a little too spherical, but the shapes of the outside and the interior are both very evocative of the source material.

Yeah, I agree, but this was sort of the only thing possible with today's parts assortiment. I wish Lego had made a 6 x 6 x 2 Dome top, but that will probalbly never happen...