RaincloudDustbin

Best Super-Hero Set

Which will you pick? I will not count Arkham Asylum because it has the most exclusive minifigures ad ismost expensive- just to mix things up a bit... :devil:

My top 3 are:

1. Funhouse

2. Quinjet

3. Malibu Mansion (mainly because I've modded it to be on a cliff face)

Many thanks, TT

My top 3 are:

1. Akham Asylum, is just too fun

2. Batcave (*nuff said)

3. Artic Chase (White Batman, Aquaman and Mr. Freeze)

I think mine would have to be...

1. Black Zero Escape(Cheap and Comes with main Characters)

2. Hulk's Helicarrier Escape(Comes with the Hulk and is a nice little part of the Helicarrier)

3. Loki's Cosmic Cub Escape(Cheap also comes with main characters)

@RaincloudDustbin-I know BZE may be a strange choice, but I really do like it since it's a great way to get the main character minifigs and also comes with a well designed Escape Pod and an alright Control area. I'm not a major Lego Super Hero Collector though since I ussually go for the cheap sets and I put a large majority of my lego money into Star Wars, btu since that theme is changing so much and moving away from the stuff I like, I'll probally buy more Super Hero Sets.

Edited by North Lego Star

1. Malibu Mansion

2. Loki's Cosmic Cube escape

3. Batman vs. Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

My top 3 are:

1. Akham Asylum, is just too fun

2. Batcave (*nuff said)

3. Artic Chase (White Batman, Aquaman and Mr. Freeze)

:damn::wink:

I think mine would have to be...

1. Black Zero Escape(Cheap and Comes with main Characters)

2. Hulk's Helicarrier Escape(Comes with the Hulk and is a nice little part of the Helicarrier)

3. Loki's Cosmic Cub Escape(Cheap also comes with main characters)

Really? I (and most others) don't really like the BZE...

Man, what's up with all these SUPER-lative topics lately? :grin:

For Marvel, my top five are...

1.) Wolverine Chopper

2.) Spidey Cycle

3.) Malibu Mansion

4.) Extremis Sea Port

5.) Daily Bugle

1. The Quinjet is first. A truly great design with an equally enjoyable build,

2. The FunHouse is second, but it's so darn close it's practically a tie. Just because that set is so, well, FUN.

3. It's really tough to nail down the third spot. Th BatCave is a great set but it needs the Batmobile to really work. Oddly enough, I think I have to go with the Batwing set. It's not a perfect design but add in the Joker's copter and the figs, and I just think it's the set I enjoyed the most after the previously mentioned two. Well worth the money spent.

Well, picking Arkham Asylum is akin cheating, imo, since it beats out all other super hero sets by a wide margin. This is expected, however, by how much one pays for it. Here are my choices from the "general population":

1. Quinjet...I think this vehicle stands up to pretty much anything from SW, which features great vehicles.

2. Funhouse...this set got me back into LEGO...I was amazed by how fun and simple it was and thought the minifigs were truly fantastic. After that set, I thought, "I better check out what else LEGO has going on". $2K later and still going strong (just please, no one tell my wife!!).

3. From here, we get a significant drop-off in terms of good builds and interesting sets. Either the Batplane/Joker copter or Batmobile/Two-Face truck...both are cool, imo, even though the Batvehicles are pretty small.

Pretty much every other super hero set, imo, has been only desirable due to the minifigs that come with it. The Batman stuff is pretty good, across the board, but the other super hero themes need work. The MoS builds are almost a joke and say nothing to the environment of the theme, the IM3 sets were very 'blah' (the mansion had potential, if it were a bit bigger), the USM builds are average...really, aside from a few alright vehicles and some small environments, the whole super hero line is only there for the minifigs, which remain, as ever, amazeballs..

One start toward improvement would be to take all the extra pieces...say, the really bad copter from Stark's Mansion...get rid of that junk and make the "mansion" more...mansion-y!! Duh, right? Doc Ock's car-thing? GONE!! Doc Doom's heli-plane? Wish I'd never seen it...how about a little more depth to the Bugle or some city-scenery to toss around? What's up with that little plane from the Helicarrier? Wouldn't you rather have had more Helicarrier?!?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I got a bit amped when I realized I was having trouble finding a third, great set to mention from the superhero lines.

1. Arkham Asylum - i think it's obvious

2. Arctic chase - Great figs, vehicle, value

3. Quinjet - Imressive plane with great figs

1 - superman/lex luthor/wonder woman set - the only way to get these minifigs great price, great pieces and design

2 - funhouse escape - I'm not a fan of the build itself but the minifigs selection and the piece count compared to the price makes it (together with my nr 1) the best way to get most of dc characters from the current waves

3 - spidercycle (or whatever is it called) - mostly because of venom and nick fury, but it's also a cheapest way to get spiderman in current waves, plus some great pieces and great piece count

I'm loving the quality Super Heroes sets at the £19.99 price point.

For me, my top 3 would be:

Superman Vs Lex Luther (Great figs in this set)

Spider-cycle Chase (Again, amazing figs)

Mr Freeze Vs Arctic Batman (Once more, brilliant minifigs.

I also enjoyed the Batwing set, as I loved Jokers chopper and henchman, as well as Hulk's Helicarrier breakout.

I've yet to buy any other of the big sets, but they're on my wanted list, particularly the Quinjet, Batcave, Batmobile and Arkham Asylum.

Cheers,

Kurtt

Batmobile/Two Face Chase: I absolutely love the Batmobile. It's perfect for a system scale set. Two Face's truck isn't too bad either. Great playability right out of the box with a ready made scene.

Quinjet Aerial Battle: the jet is built solid and great to fly around.

Batwing Battle...: two great vehicles. The Batwing may be a little lacking but it's nice to see that it isn't so ridiculously oversized like the2006 version.

It's a set nonetheless. What's funny is that I have the Quinjet but haven't built it yet. I bought the minifigures from the quinjet, but then I bought the actual set later on from being a completionist. Let's see what the fuss is all about. I knew that the older sets came with the newer batman cowl, so I was amazed when the Catwoman cycle had the blue batman cowl design!!! It makes me want to purchase the sets in their original/modified form since I guess

acilrYq8.jpg abwRBIES.jpg abidPCHN.jpg

So much fun with minifigues just like the Funhouse escape!

Edited by eldiano

1. Lex Luthor's Armour (the actual set name escapes me)

2. Arkham Asylum

3. Sea Port Battle

1) Arkham Asylum (Out of Spite)

2) Superman Vs Lex Luther (Best of the $20, with 3 unique figures and awesome robot mech)

2) Joker's Funhouse (Best of $20+ sets, just amazing)

1) Arkham Asylum (Out of Spite)

2) Superman Vs Lex Luther (Best of the $20, with 3 unique figures and awesome robot mech)

2) Joker's Funhouse (Best of $20+ sets, just amazing)

Spite? What did I ever do to you?

Spite? What did I ever do to you?

Hahaha! It's not allowed = I'm picking it!

Hahaha! It's not allowed = I'm picking it!

Oh I see. :grin:

I think we can all agree that Arkham is the best set so that's the reason that I disqualified it of sorts. I wanted to see some other sets people liked.