Sign in to follow this  
Landlubber

El Comerciante

Thanks Barry. Amada is the name of the girl (senorita) in the photo. I know the hacienda has a lot of colour, but he is a flamboyant spaniard, and I had lots of spanish looking bits in red green and white which gave me heaps of ideas that I wanted to put in the MOC. I actually left a lot of ideas out because of space and brick limitations.

The windmill flaps are actually a single piece, which I believe to have come from the fabuland series also. I stole it from my girlfriends lego collection.

As for the windmill mechanism, thats one of my favourite bits too. Anyone know if Bricklink supports video files? Might be able to upload a video of it working. I wouldn't mind doing a water powered saw mill for the MOC as well. Keep watching.

WOW.

Just WOW...

I love it. The windmill is great... I love the idea of a self sustaining estate that you have built! This is pretty neat... but where is his trading vessel? LOL don't you know you can not post here if you don't make ships? (I'm just teasing)

But this is a great MOC, I can't wait until you put your whole layout together... there are not enough pirate town layouts on the web! Now I am ashamed to post my stuff that i have been working on for my layout! lol. your MOC is so good...

Thanks Barry. Amada is the name of the girl (senorita) in the photo. I know the hacienda has a lot of colour, but he is a flamboyant spaniard, and I had lots of spanish looking bits in red green and white which gave me heaps of ideas that I wanted to put in the MOC. I actually left a lot of ideas out because of space and brick limitations.

The windmill flaps are actually a single piece, which I believe to have come from the fabuland series also. I stole it from my girlfriends lego collection.

As for the windmill mechanism, thats one of my favourite bits too. Anyone know if Bricklink supports video files? Might be able to upload a video of it working. I wouldn't mind doing a water powered saw mill for the MOC as well. Keep watching.

erp, thanks for correcting me. X-D I knew naming a building miss was a little too strange to be true... ;-) I guess the flamboyance fits the spaniard. I hope to see some of these other "ideas" in more MOCs, Mr. Landlubber!

And a LEGO girlfriend?! You are one lucky lad...

I don't know the answer to your last question, unfortunately.

Excellent!

Did you name any of the other mini-figures in this MOC?

The only unnamed characters are the two customers on the docks and the security guard with the rifle. I may come up with more names one day but there are going to be so many people in the end that naming them all will be impossible and futile. Most of my MOC's are fully equipped with minifigs and I still have over a hundred pirate related minifigs in excess.

This is to say the least a wonderful MOC! *y* *y* I really like all the buildings. I, like many, especially like the working windmill. The horse stable and the dormer on the warehouse are fine pieces of work too. I hope you don