Sign in to follow this  
johnsocal

Would you like to see Bionicle expanded into SPACE??

Mars+Space=lame

I agree.

Town+Space=fine in limited quantity like a shuttle, otherwise lame

An expandable and modular SPACE CITY would be cool and the only thing that would make it lame if they actually limited to only a shuttle.

Bionicle+Space=the new galidor, need I remind anyone how much that sucked?

A new 'Bionicle: Galaxy' theme would be using the new Bionicle minifgs and the ship designs would look nothing like Galidor.

galidor.jpg

Actually, they could make a Mata-Nui set, but not in the conventional sense. I've been playing with the idea of Mata Nui actually being a ship made for terraforming with an advanced AI. The ship crashed on the barren planet which damaged it's computers, causing it to make an error when designing the local wildlife. At some point the AI spawns another personality called Makuta (or the two ships Makuta and Mata Nui could be involved in a dogfight).

Nah- i woudn't wish it on too quickly.....someone like gregF could be watching and thinking "what a great idea!" LOL!

Space would mean a 70% faliure for bionicle, and with quite afew people not liking the under water theme and the whole "blood" on pridak saga, this year as started in the worse possible way, trying to cram to much into one theme and it not coming off.

If i were lego, not only push the space idea aside completlely, bu concentrating on geting this year back from the jaws of possible doom. *vader*

It's not a bad idea it's a nightmare IMO, 2 themes could be gone, bionicle and space, before you can say "yoda" 8-

The Spirit Star and Red Star could easily be translated to become some sort of large spacecraft, space-station, or planet which could either be mechanical or organic in nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_objects_in_Bionicle

Spirit Stars

Every Toa has a Spirit Star in the sky above that shines brightly as long as they remain Toa (though sometimes the timing of a star's formation or going out doesn't precisely match the corresponding event; Takanuva's star appeared before he became a Toa, and Lhikan's didn't split into the Toa Metru's until long after he essentially passed his power to them). The position of the star in the sky represents the Toa's location; for instance, the Toa Metru were able to find Lhikan by following his Spirit Star.

Red Star

The Red Star is an exceptionally bright celestial body that travels through the sky over the planet. By moving into formation with other stars, it forms constellations that can foretell the near future. The Red Star recently discharged a lot of electrical energy and caused a thunderstorm over the island of Voya Nui. Six lightning bolts from the star hit Toa Canisters and transformed the Matoran inside into the Toa Inika.

"Bionicle: Galaxy' sets should take inspiration from the

So I guess you're trying to say that you don't like my 'Bionicle: Galaxy' idea? :-D

Yeah, but most people would not like it either.

You would woudn't you? ;-) :-P

I don't know really, as people have said, bionicle fans would not like a spacey theme and space fnas would not like bionicle invading, so 2 themes could become really un-popular.

It would be too big a risk, and if lego got it wrong, a BIG loss more than gain.

Oh yeah, i'm not saying it woudn't be interesting, it would be to see what sort of sets they came up with, but as ZOTS pointed out, it woudn't work

It would be intresting, but no. It wouldn't work.

-ZotS

I just have a contrary opinion in which I think it would not only work, but it would end up being a very success if LEGO ever decided to pursue the concept.

LEGO would leave the conventional large Bionicle figures/sets alone and stay with the current storyline, while the minifig Bionicle sets would be used to create a new arc in the storyline. The purpose of this would to expand the Bionicle brand to people who aren't currently buying Bionicle sets and are really out of the loop regarding the complexity of the current Bionicle storyline.

Bionicle: Galaxy (minifig sets) would offer a fresh new start that should hopefully attract new fans without killing-off existing ones.

I'm sorry, but I can't see that working. The only way bionicle MF sets would bring people into the "real" bionicle is if they are the same--that is to say same characters/storyline. Otherwise why would they venture into bionicle if they like the system, but don't like the "real" bionicle's story?

There's also the major point that it just doesn't go along very well/at all with the whole purpose behind Bionicle. I mean this goes along the same genre as GregF's ideas of machine guns and whatnot. This is supposed to be mythical. Mythical = swords/axes and the like. Mythical = ancient legends, gods and goddesses, and use of spiritualism over science. If we see that the Bionicle world is just ONE world among many, then the dangers that threaten it seem less important, not only because it's not OUR world, but because it's so insignificant in the magnitude of the universe. The way it started, their world WAS the whole universe, for all intents and purposes. And I like it better that way for this kind of story.

I know you have put a lot of thought into this, and really like the idea, but the two genres really aren't compatible. But the way they're doing things now you may get your wish regardless of what the rest of us want :-P

Despite what everyone else says, I would Like to see bionicle expanded into space.

It would be good, because it would be able to fit in with the red star. Maybe the Ignika could get shattered into 7 pieces by one of the titans, (by an energy blast, etc.) Because of the maybe the sheer power of the impact, the pieces would shatter all throughout space and The Toa would have to quest for the peices. Although there would be the villians, who would also be trying to get the pieces.

But thats just my two cents.

Despite what everyone else says, I would Like to see bionicle expanded into space.

It would be good, because it would be able to fit in with the red star. Maybe the Ignika could get shattered into 7 pieces by one of the titans, (by an energy blast, etc.) Because of the maybe the sheer power of the impact, the pieces would shatter all throughout space and The Toa would have to quest for the peices. Although there would be the villians, who would also be trying to get the pieces.

But thats just my two cents.

A good idea, but the guys who make the story line are so called proffesionals, and most bionicles would be like "what the heck" if that happened, and then questions would fly left, right and centre

Mythical = swords/axes and the like. Mythical = ancient legends, gods and goddesses, and use of spiritualism over science. If we see that the Bionicle world is just ONE world among many, then the dangers that threaten it seem less important, not only because it's not OUR world, but because it's so insignificant in the magnitude of the universe. The way it started, their world WAS the whole universe, for all intents and purposes. And I like it better that way for this kind of story.

I know you have put a lot of thought into this, and really like the idea, but the two genres really aren't compatible. But the way they're doing things now you may get your wish regardless of what the rest of us want :-P

Hey, if you're going to turn the Bionicle brand into a 1st-person shooter video game series, you have to give them cool guns, since having just an sword/axe won't cut it ;)

X06_all_Bionicle_packshot_qjpreviewth.jpg

It even got a good review.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751719p2.html

8.0 Presentation

If the goal was to present the world of Bionicle in an entertaining way, Heroes succeeds. The environments are beautiful, there

Maybe the Ignika could get shattered into 7 pieces by one of the titans, (by an energy blast, etc.) Because of the maybe the sheer power of the impact, the pieces would shatter all throughout space and The Toa would have to quest for the peices.

And then when they reunite the 7 balls, I mean shards, would they be able to summon the eternal dragon to grant a wish? :-P

If LEGO has their mind set on creating another Space Battle theme to sell alongside of Star Wars, would you like to see them expand the Bionicle theme into Space?

LEGO already has a successful brand with Bionicle thats centered around conflict and could easily make the transition into adding a SPACE sub-theme without too many issues.

Bionicle: Galaxy would use different pieces and could have very unique designs that would really seperate it from SW sets.

The pics below might be a hint of things to come:

1bio.jpg

1bionicle.jpg

LEGO currently has 3 seperate underwater themes: New Bionicles, Aqua Raiders, and Sponge Bob

the only place i would like to see bionicle is in the bin!

it really annoys me that tlc is not making any female bionicle! >:-( lol messing :-D

it really annoys me that tlc is not making any female bionicle!

What about Gali, Hahli, Nokama, Macku, Dalu, Roodaka and the Bahrag twins?

the only place i would like to see bionicle is in the bin!

it really annoys me that tlc is not making any female bionicle! >:-( lol messing :-D

What, do you mean that you don't mind there not making many female characters? I don't get what your saying. *wacko*

Anyway, i don't think these sets are showing a future bionicle:galaxy theme, because under the ocean has got a "another planet" feel to it with all the weird sea creatures. See?

src10.jpg

I do agree that space, done right, COULD be very successful... but I'm sticking to my guns that the people in charge these days couldn't pull it off right.

You know what'd be BEAUTIFUL though? The EXACT opposite.

All these goofy storylines from the past and present, all culminating at an "end", a point where all conflicts cease to be.

AND THEN... nothing.

The Bionicle story writers take a freaking vacation.

A whole year (or more) of Bionicle with NO STORY WHATSOEVER.

The sets would be a return to the landscapes from the 2001 story.

They could focus on peaceful rebuilding, on common exploration, simple but fun stuff.

In doing this, Bionicle could also shift over better (and shift Bionicle buying consumers better) over into System.

I was one of the loudest voices crying for Bionicle to stop being wimpy and get some violence in it.

I do think it was initially good. Unfortunately, just like I'm sure the people doing things now would get 'Bionicle Space' wrong, so do I think they're getting the way the violence is used wrong.

They're religiously incompetent, lol.

There is nothing worse (boring) to a consumer than watching a story that they KNOW will never end.

There is nothing more boring than knowing nobody dies for good and the bad guy ALWAYS comes back.

There is nothing worse than the way Bionicle's going now (story-wise) where insanely childish story arcs are tossed in just to 1-up the LAST year's story... it can only go so far before it turns... stupid.

So, go backwards, but for real. Make a bunch of Bionicle system playsets. Make a jungle treehouse set. Make a rahi taming / farm set. Make a waterfall set.

If you want to go back to a story and annoying battles later, FINE, toss in a "mysterious ruins" playset that the characters are slowly trying to decipher all the while they're doing peaceful things in the other sets.

As for canister characters, go back to tools that are actually tools. They don't HAVE to look lame or boring... that's a matter strictly up to how clever or intelligent the designers are. Hell, give each "Toa" or whatever one element to a larger figure that can decipher the ruins. One toa finds a sword that later transforms into a leg. One with a ball / head. One finds armor that becomes a body. You get the idea. It doesn't have to be unexciting.

What I'm saying is, Bionicle started off in a certain place, but left it. Why hook a whole year or two of Bionicle fans on the mythos of this "island" only to launch them out their butt into 800 different locations?!?

To go into space is COMPLETELY uneccessary. There's a whole freakin' world that was started which had plenty to offer story-wise... but it's been left in the dust.

Agreed, this so called "storyline" is geting abit far fetched- i just prefered the days where they gve you the sets and YOU could create YOUR own storyline.

Personally, when i'm having a big bionicle battle i forget completley about the storyline, i don't care if the wrong toas are fighting at the wrong time or if the characters arn't in chronologic order, i just want to create my own story.

What was moto for lego a while back? Oh yes, "play on" where has that gone? Now it's turned into "play on but remeber about the story line" just hasn't got the same ring to it has it?

Don't get me wrong, i like bionicle, i think it's a great theme, but how is wish if the guys would just go back to basics, concentrate on producing high quality figures and let the fans do the rest! :-) It's people like GregF that are driving bionicle to near extinsion because everyone has got fed -up with the wooden story line. And Greg wonders why the books arn't selling well? Hmm, that's a toughy(!)

And then when they reunite the 7 balls, I mean shards, would they be able to summon the eternal dragon to grant a wish? :-P

Actually, that would be a pretty good plot twist. Then the magic fairies would come and cast a spell which grants everyone with bundles of gold. :-P

I completely agree with Jinz. There's just so much to love about Bionicle other than the main leads, and that's what we really lost. I would be ESTATIC to see some civilian sets. And for the set up, have the six original Toa vanish into thin air like they did at the end of the first chapter. Except this time, have them transend into the "heavens", or where ever the Great Beings live. Y'know, to get rid of the original Toa, so they can actually write a CLEAR story. (Mind you, I have no clue as to how the origin of the Toa have been retconned by now, so my idea is nearly completely invalid)

Sky? Oh, so they're copying Skyland now. Mind you, this could turn out well, but it's going to turn out really badly. I can just see it now. Everyone has giant hang-gliders and air-to-air missles. World War one dogfights, here we come! On the bright side, at least we'll get some better offerings other than this year's Davy Jones Toa and Spybot submarines. There's also a decent amount of Matoran which can be turned into Toa, so I think this is exactly how it's going to go down.

Ungh. I think I see a really bad pattern here. This year was water, next is air. So, at some point in the future, we will see a ice, fire, stone and earth sagas. By the end of this, Bionicle will have run itself into the grave and LEGO would have come up with another brilliant idea. Sigh.