Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #65: Breaking Down the Door

Thank you for the tea.

Nerwen steps out of Cynthia's rooms and over to the door marked 202.

The cleric. Owes 200g

Edited by Chromeknight

Nerwen makes her way over to room 202.

8665264149_8f26d47a14.jpg

A gargoyle sits above the doorway.

8666363218_56a424bf4a_t.jpg

"Hello lovely."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Hello yourself. How long have you been watching over this door? We have come to speak to the one inside. Is he in, please?

"As long as this inn has been standing baby. You want to speak to ol' mopey face? What's your hurry? We just met each other and now you want to give me the cold shoulder?"

"Well then it's a good thing I wasn't banking on our budding friendship, orc. Now, where were we my elven queen? Oh yes, I had just failed my will save."

Xander chose to hold his tongue, letting Nerwen do the talking. This gargoyle did not have the manners of the last inhabitant, and he did not want to do something the gargoyle would regret.

Well now. The Ice Queen is a cold one to let inside one's heart. That makes sense of his sour face then. Do you hear strange noises from within? Is he simply a Winter Priest or is he a darker follower?

Turning to her party, Nerwen said,

If he is a Nercomancer, we had best be prepared for battle, with fire and light at the ready.

"If sobbing like a maniac constitutes as strange then I'd say yes. I'm not sure about what you mean by wintery, but I do know he likes to wear dark robes. So you want to see him? I think you know what your going to have to do doll face, you ready?"

I am ready, Nerwen said, sliding her dark-imbued magic staff into the strap across her back and shaking out the ball and chain of the fiery mourning star.

How about you boys?

"Right then let's have at it. If your companions want to jump in, let 'em. The more the merrier, I don't expect you all will be much trouble though."

The gargoyle clears his throat.

"First riddle: The wetter I become, the dryer you are. What am I?"

"Ah the silent one speaks. What is it with all these bare-chested barbarian riddle solvers?

Next question: From the people of blue to those who are pale and live in ever-present delight. To the string of the ocean near the howling black beasts to the place where arch mages did fight. Then away to the land of the unblinking three, then to him who does not but destroy. A short stop in the place with the kindred of him who the noble Hall once did employ. I made my way twixt the high and the low and skirted that heaven bodied place. To a land full of sorrow and bitterest tears and those with sand for a face. Where am I?"

I must confess, I am a little stumped too.

My teachers taught that wherever you go, there you are, but I do not think the answer is as simple as that.

Perhaps I could entice you to give me a hint?

"Three, if you must know and I wouldn't expect an uncultured orc to know the answer anyways."

Grrrr... Cronk would have doorframe know that Orcs have very rich culture. Doorframe should see some of the magnificent pottery from Goblonia's Mek'tar dynasty or read the works of noted Orcish poet, Willik Shakes-Spear. But Cronk would not expect a simple talking doorframe to know anything about culture.

I have visited many libraries

Though I have not been as far as Xu or Terra Chima, I have been to kingdoms high and low and to lands of mist and dark.

Is the answer NĂ´rnia?