Was browsing eBay and seen the Lego City passenger jet 7696 and he wants £25000 for it !!! There are others on there around £20 to £99. What's the story there then? Is this guy smoking crack? or as a newbie am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. People sometimes do things like this for a number of reasons. One guy has a massive collection of storm or clone, not really sure which, posted on eBay asking either $100 or $1,000+ for one individual fig. He apparently knew it would result in no one buying. Someone on the forum asked him kindly why, he just wanted to show off his collection, using ebay as a hosting medium. No sale = No charge. 7696 isn't too special, but that could be the reason, or a severe typo, or he could just plain be out of his mind :classic:

Out of his tiny mind I think, he is saying he wants loads of money for it cause it's extremely rare and he had to fly to Canada to get it because it was only available on transatlantic flights :0S

Out of his tiny mind I think, he is saying he wants loads of money for it cause it's extremely rare and he had to fly to Canada to get it because it was only available on transatlantic flights :0S

Oops you're right about the rarity, I had mistaken it for the large passenger jet 7893, much less rare. Anyway, still a ridiculous, unrealistic, asking price. So crazy or showing off :classic:

Who's the crazy one ?? The guy selling or the guy buying ??? :laugh:

Quote from the listing:

'The sharp eyed amongst you may have noticed that the Buy-it-now price is quite large. This is a shameless attempt to make my life easier whilst I juggle work, home, education (a rather tricky Masters course) and a mischievous Labrador.

So if you are a wealthy philanthropist who has a Lego fan in their life then I may be in luck. For everyone else, please think of it a starting point from which we can negotiate - I will consider all offers that are made.'

I suspect he'd take a much lower sum, but I bet he's getting loads of views!

Edited by Gorelaxx

Quote from the listing:

(quote from the listing)

I can't find the original listing... Having trouble keeping my browser from switching back to ebay/U.S. So, maybe not too crazy, but that's on heck of a starting price for negotiations. I'd love to have one, but not at $40+, let alone the value of a nice car :laugh::classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri